Starpery.com

Eyelash Glue

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Apogee

Eyelash Glue

Post by Apogee »

My doll's eye lashes are starting to peel off from the outside inward. What kind of glue can I use to seal them back onto the TPE?

I did a little search on the forums here, but did not find anything immediately conclusive. One post spoke about using the TPE glue to re-attach the lashes, will that work?

Keyman

Re: Eyelash Glue

Post by Keyman »

Nooooo dude. If you are referring to the "TPE" glue used for repairs do NOT use for eyelashes. It will melt her eyelids I think, unless others have used it with success, IDK.

Lashes for me have been a PIA about dolls. I mostly use Ebay stuff in the pinkish tube for best results but it is not perfect.

I have read posts of experienced guys using superglue but I'm afraid to because for one if you miss and touch the wrong spot you're stuck, and also if you want to change styles, removing them would also tear the delicate TPE eyelids, again just my thoughts.

Looking forward to others thoughts and ideas.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Keyman,
Valid point which is why we use ge2silcone clear of course.
Love,
the BCD Girls
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Apogee

Post by Apogee »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Keyman,
Love,
the BCD Girls
It has the word silicone in that. Forgive my ignorance, would that be bad for TPE?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Nope, in very small amounts.
Mannequin fan coats make up with stuff like that too.
Some people have TPE dolls with silicone heads.
In fact, I started a post about that.
Best,
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Urdor Izajar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Urdor Izajar »

I had good results using the super glue with the brush in it. It gives you enough to hold the lash without a giant smear of glue on the skin to tear off. Hold the lash with some tweezers, glue a section of the base of the lash and set. I did each lash in 3 sections.

Here's how it looks some 4 months and 2 rounds of makeup removal and powdering later. That outer edge on the lower needs to be reattached but as you can see, no excess glue on the eyelids.
Attachments
20170429_224425.jpg
20170429_224425.jpg (557.22 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
#62 and #74 and #108 heads on a 140D, 155A, or 166C
Beth, Eliza, Nikki

Bob Ross speaks to me when I'm doing makeup. He says "Don't mess up or your going to have to put a happy tree there."

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I have had luck with silicone adhesives on tpe(NOT 2 PART SILICONE) adhesives only.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

I recently redid Nikki's.

Superglue, for an amateur such as myself, would NOT be a good idea. I started with MF's eyelids and used a 'black' eyelash glue. What a mess that stuff is. I probably should have just chosen the clear. If I were doing just eyelashes and no eyelids I would definitely just go with with clear eyelash glue. The eyelash glue takes a little while to cure, but is somewhat fixable if you mess it up. JMHO.

Before
Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.17.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.17.51 PM.png (865.1 KiB) Viewed 4161 times
After
Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.11.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.11.24 PM.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 4161 times

Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mello_Pello »

I havent had to mess with my dolls lashes yet. But when the time comes...Im looking forward to getting a set of Mannequinfans eyelids, and different iris colors! I started looking into the threads talking about the product...and Man, just being able to close her eye lids for sleep time was the top selling feature for me. Sorry cant add intuitive knowledge to your thread...but wanted to chime in. But if I had to redo Ames eyelashes right now...I would go to the 99 cent store and get some lashes(checked them out yesterday and they look good to go)..and whatever clear glue came with them...use a toothpick to blot the glue on...and go from there. Anyways good luck!
-Mello

TonyR71

Post by TonyR71 »

Helpful tips. Now, what if I want to remove an eyelash From the doll's eye or from the movable eyelids? I am assuming that one doesn't simply yank them off.

Thanks,

Tony
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
---- Aldo Leopold

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

TonyR71 wrote:Helpful tips. Now, what if I want to remove an eyelash From the doll's eye or from the movable eyelids? I am assuming that one doesn't simply yank them off.

Thanks,

Tony
Use a little 99% isopropyl alcohol or just from her natural eyelid baby oil. Gently work it off of there by applying oil.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TonyR71

Post by TonyR71 »

Thanks!
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
---- Aldo Leopold

TonyR71

Post by TonyR71 »

Keyman,
Love,
the BCD Girls
You mean GE Silicone II Clear, the caulk/sealant?! I use that stuff on my house! Good stuff, though. It will sure keep her eyes waterproof. 8)

Take Care,

Tony
---- Aldo Leopold

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

TonyR71,
Yes and Jeff has used that for nails and to put eyelashes on eyelids as well.
Love,
Nyoko
Attachments
nyokogift.gif
nyokogift.gif (452.13 KiB) Viewed 4048 times

TonyR71

Post by TonyR71 »

Well, well, works a treat for caulking my windows, when I built the place, 15 years ago. So, it should hold eyelashes on, even during bed play. I think I still have a couple tubes lying around. Might be a little old, however.

Thank you,

Tony
---- Aldo Leopold

INFORMATIONS