Starpery.com

Thoughts on storage of TPE dolls

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Too much fun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Thoughts on storage of TPE dolls

Post by Too much fun »

My new doll doesn't have a bolt for hanging but I'm thinking I can rig her up so that I can hang her from the neck bolt that the head screws onto. My only concern is that it might put to much stress on the neck joints and cause internal damage. I only have a small closet to store her in and there's no room for laying her down. My only other option is to sit her up in a chair with a cushion. Witch would be best? Any thoughts?

Harem_Master
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Thoughts on storage of TPE dolls

Post by Harem_Master »

You may be interested in this: http://www.reallovesexdolls.com/sex-doll-hanging-kit-1/

This is a new item on the "Real Love Sex Dolls" website...

Too much fun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Too much fun »

Ha ha that's awesome! I never noticed that was on their site I guess I was to focused on how beautiful the dolls are. I feel much better now because I'm at work worrying that my girl is bing damaged by my attempt at storage. Feeling kinda smart to cus I went to Home Depot and only cost me $6 instead of the $180 the are asking for. Thank you for easing my worries!

thelionking
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thelionking »

Too much fun wrote:Ha ha that's awesome! I never noticed that was on their site I guess I was to focused on how beautiful the dolls are. I feel much better now because I'm at work worrying that my girl is bing damaged by my attempt at storage. Feeling kinda smart to cus I went to Home Depot and only cost me $6 instead of the $180 the are asking for. Thank you for easing my worries!
How did you find it at Home Depot? Do you simply ask a worker for a sex doll hanging kit?
~Simba

" 26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27 ... Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. " 1 Corinthians 7:26-27 http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=57746

Too much fun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Too much fun »

Lol no I actual just looked through their plumbing hardware I'm not 100% happy with what I put together I'm going to look again and try finding a eyebolt that fits the threads to the neck but I was in a rush and didn't have time. So what I found was a 3/8in galvanized cap fit the threads then I drilled a hole in the cap and use a bolt that fit a plant hanger and fixed them together with the cap and it's working great I'll take a pick of it when I get home I know it sounds confusing.

thelionking
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thelionking »

Too much fun wrote:Lol no I actual just looked through their plumbing hardware I'm not 100% happy with what I put together I'm going to look again and try finding a eyebolt that fits the threads to the neck but I was in a rush and didn't have time. So what I found was a 3/8in galvanized cap fit the threads then I drilled a hole in the cap and use a bolt that fit a plant hanger and fixed them together with the cap and it's working great I'll take a pick of it when I get home I know it sounds confusing.
:thumbs_up: That would be great, thanks!
~Simba

" 26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27 ... Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. " 1 Corinthians 7:26-27 http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=57746

Too much fun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Too much fun »

So like I said this isn't a pretty solution and it's not my permanent one but it was cheaper that what they are selling. I was in a hurry so I kinda slapped this together. I'm going to try finding something more permanent.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 9013 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 9013 times

SmittyT
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SmittyT »

Too much fun wrote:So like I said this isn't a pretty solution and it's not my permanent one but it was cheaper that what they are selling. I was in a hurry so I kinda slapped this together. I'm going to try finding something more permanent.

no different than what is offered at the website. you could possibly devise a head stand as well. it's what I would do as opposed to hanging the head.
When she speaks.... what does she say? Are you listening?

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

You: "Where can I find a hanging kit that will support about 100 pounds?"

Home Depot rep: "Oh. You should be able to find one in the Sex Doll aisle."

You: "Thank you."

** We can dream... maybe one day...
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Too much fun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Too much fun »

You got it! That are actually quite helpful. :lol:

thelionking
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thelionking »

DollAfficionado wrote:You: "Where can I find a hanging kit that will support about 100 pounds?"

Home Depot rep: "Oh. You should be able to find one in the Sex Doll aisle."

You: "Thank you."

** We can dream... maybe one day...
:lol:
~Simba

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by RealLoveSexDolls »

Thanks for the plug Harem_Master! We've worked hard to bring the best possible hanging system available to the market.

We can appreciate some great do-it-yourselfers out there that will want to devise their own hanging set-up, which is great, as long as it's done safely. If you're going to make your own hanging system, we advise to use hardware that is rated to hold weight, so you can be sure it won't break. We know how terrible it would be to come home and find your beloved has fallen with the force of her body weight and has ended up broken.

We certainly don't want to see a trend of unsafe hanging methods going around and dolls end up being damaged,so I hope you don't mind Too Much Fun, but we saw a couple of concerns with the safety of your set up and felt we should comment and offer a few tips, because we don't want to see anything happen to your doll.

1. A plant hanger isn't rated to hold that much weight and may break, dropping your doll. We recommend using solid steel like an S Hook with an eye bolt.
2. You are screwing onto the head bolt which is also not meant with weight bearing in mind. An eye bolt large enough to fit the skeletal neck pipe is what you want.
3. Make sure whatever you're using to attach it to the closet bar is also rated to bear weight and does not have the possibility to come undone or break, while retaining the flexibility to rotate without adding any additional strain to the weight bearing hardware.

As an example, our hanging hardware is custom designed to hold several thousand pounds, so it's definitely not going to break bearing the weight of the doll. In addition we are connecting directly into the dolls skeleton to bear her weight and not to the head bolt itself. Lastly we connect to the bar with a weight rated webbing that loops over the bar and is sewn directly into the hardware so it's completely secure with no chance failure there either.

In addition we'd like to say, (even though it's probably just common sense, it warrants mentioning), to always keep your dolls arms, legs and body vertically straight and as stationary as possible when hung, to avoid undue stress. We've also put together a FAQ page about our hanging hardware that may be beneficial to those with questions: http://www.reallovesexdolls.com/faqs-fo ... orage-kit/

We admire your ingenuity Too Much Fun, and hope that we have helped! Happy and safe hanging!

Real Love Sex Dolls is the #1 seller of Realistic Life-size TPE Sex Dolls in the USA.
Based in Austin, TX, RLSD is a family-owned company.

The staff at RLSD were terrific in assisting me with every aspect of my purchase. They are committed and passionate about their dolls and their customers. - Timothy D.
RLSD stands behind their product and their service is professional and reliable. I am very happy I chose them. GO FOR IT, its worth it! - Rod E.
My thanks to RLSD, their guidance and knowledge helped me in choosing the right doll for my needs.I will buy from them again in the future, I highly recommend! - Mark Z.

Cereusly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cereusly »

New guy here, haven't made an introductory post yet, but I've been a long time lurker. I actually just ordered my first doll ever from Martine at Real Love Sex Dolls, 3 days ago. I did not purchase the hanging kit though. I just couldn't justify the price when I knew I could make my own for a lot cheaper.

That setup there looks a bit iffy man. I would hate to see it break and ruin your doll. You say the threads were 3/8" diameter? I was expecting metric sizing since these are Chinese made dolls. 3/8" is very close to 10mm which seems more likely to me. You wouldn't happen to know the thread pitch would you?

Whenever I get my doll ill post the setup I come up with.

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40249881/

That's what I wan't to get. Its 500 USD. Looks like tons of storage space. I went to ikea and took a look at it. I would add boards and make it lockable. Would be a full proof solution, and put a deadbolt in your room's door if you want that.

I think you want more storage space, you can add more wood on the bottom to lift it. You would only need to paint it black or white.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Its highly recommended AGAINST hanging TPE dolls by the neck, as they don't use proper neck hinges but flexible pipe that can be damaged by tension. Some TPE doll manufacturers have also said they should not be hanged.

Several TPE doll owners have reported snapped necks with just normal day to day use.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

INFORMATIONS