Starpery.com

Thoughts on storage of TPE dolls

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DollAfficionado

Re: Thoughts on storage of TPE dolls

Post by DollAfficionado »

I keep looking at that MALM. It looks like the storage space would be big enough to fit multiple dolls, and the price is good.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Greyling

Post by Greyling »

Too much fun wrote:So like I said this isn't a pretty solution and it's not my permanent one but it was cheaper that what they are selling. I was in a hurry so I kinda slapped this together. I'm going to try finding something more permanent.
The hook you are using is a "Swag lamp" hook, which is designed to hold up a lightweight lamp.
They are made of pot metal, the cheapest metal available, which has a crystalline makeup.
Easily shattered, easily broken, and definitely NOT designed to hold the weight you are using it to hold.
If there is NO stress on the hook, it doesn't sway, move, or get stressed at all, you might be OK.
One little earthquake tremor and you will find your doll on the floor.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Greyling wrote:
Too much fun wrote:So like I said this isn't a pretty solution and it's not my permanent one but it was cheaper that what they are selling. I was in a hurry so I kinda slapped this together. I'm going to try finding something more permanent.
The hook you are using is a "Swag lamp" hook, which is designed to hold up a lightweight lamp.
They are made of pot metal, the cheapest metal available, which has a crystalline makeup.
Easily shattered, easily broken, and definitely NOT designed to hold the weight you are using it to hold.
If there is NO stress on the hook, it doesn't sway, move, or get stressed at all, you might be OK.
One little earthquake tremor and you will find your doll on the floor.
Absolutely right. that hook is good for maybe 5~10lbs safely.

Pot metal parts break on.. Uh, Just about everything it is used on. And they snap not bend, with no warning of failure. Pot metal is like a very hard and brittle plastic in strength.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by RealLoveSexDolls »

We've found the Closet Suspension Storage Kit to be absolutely fantastic and have personally tested it over many months with complete and total success. We even store our own dolls using it and find it to be neat, efficient and the perfect storage method. No more worrying about and constantly checking for flattening and creasing. It's also of very high-quality and beautifully made, I'd go so far as to even call it sexy!

When used properly for storage ONLY, (meaning the doll isn't attempted to be 'used', swung around, etc..while suspended) and the doll is kept in a stationary position with arms and legs straight downward as instructed— we think you'll have a terrific experience safely storing your doll without any issues whatsoever. We've truly found this kit to be absolutely invaluable in keeping our dolls safely and conveniently stored and we absolutely LOVE IT.

If you want to read more about it, there is a FAQ's page on the storage system here > http://www.reallovesexdolls.com/faqs-fo ... nsion-kit/

Real Love Sex Dolls is the #1 seller of Realistic Life-size TPE Sex Dolls in the USA.
Based in Austin, TX, RLSD is a family-owned company.

The staff at RLSD were terrific in assisting me with every aspect of my purchase. They are committed and passionate about their dolls and their customers. - Timothy D.
RLSD stands behind their product and their service is professional and reliable. I am very happy I chose them. GO FOR IT, its worth it! - Rod E.
My thanks to RLSD, their guidance and knowledge helped me in choosing the right doll for my needs.I will buy from them again in the future, I highly recommend! - Mark Z.

Too much fun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Too much fun »

Thanks for all the input. I knew when I put it all together that it was not anywhere close to the best set up and it was only temporary. I actually only used it for a couple days and it did the job of storing it out of sight while I found the items needed. I don't recommend it at all to anyone. It did work for me but I was taking a risk and it worried me constantly. For the record the hook I was using was rated for 100lbs. I have upgraded the setup since. I would have wanted to use the hanging system from reallovesexdolls it looks very good and probably easyer to use than what I have but I can't pay that price. The carabiniers that I'm useing are rated at 260lbs and the eyebolts are rated at 3,747lbs the chain is going to work Great and the head is so light I'm just keeping it on the rope.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 3437 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 3437 times
That's 1,700kg=3,747lbs
That's 1,700kg=3,747lbs
image.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3437 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3437 times
Had to have a variety of hair!!! With her skin tone the green and purple are AWESOME!
Had to have a variety of hair!!! With her skin tone the green and purple are AWESOME!
image.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3437 times

DollAfficionado

It would be interesting to hang a TPE doll for a year and see what happens. Of course, I would only do this with an old beat up doll or a new severely flawed doll.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Too much fun wrote:Thanks for all the input. I knew when I put it all together that it was not anywhere close to the best set up and it was only temporary. I actually only used it for a couple days and it did the job of storing it out of sight while I found the items needed. I don't recommend it at all to anyone. It did work for me but I was taking a risk and it worried me constantly. For the record the hook I was using was rated for 100lbs. I have upgraded the setup since. I would have wanted to use the hanging system from reallovesexdolls it looks very good and probably easyer to use than what I have but I can't pay that price. The carabiniers that I'm useing are rated at 260lbs and the eyebolts are rated at 3,747lbs the chain is going to work Great and the head is so light I'm just keeping it on the rope.
Now THAT looks like a good solution. Remember when it comes to you loved one, Nothing beats overkill!
I believe carabiniers may be 'human rated' meaning its rated for 260lbs load but will break at 1040lbs (4x overrating) so its also wonderful overkill for your doll.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by RealLoveSexDolls »

That looks so much better Too Much Fun, nicely done! Wondering, Is it difficult to get your doll on and off with the closed carabiner? I know our system was designed with an open hook just for that reason. I imagine it could be hard to manage with one arm holding the weight of the doll and only having one hand to open the carabiner and loop it through the chain links. Perhaps an S hook that stays through the chains all the time and is open on the other end to hang the bolt on might be easier to manage? Just a thought.

Q: How awesome is it to have a dedicated doll closet?!! =D

We LOVE those wig colors!! And that dress is HOT!

Real Love Sex Dolls is the #1 seller of Realistic Life-size TPE Sex Dolls in the USA.
Based in Austin, TX, RLSD is a family-owned company.

The staff at RLSD were terrific in assisting me with every aspect of my purchase. They are committed and passionate about their dolls and their customers. - Timothy D.
RLSD stands behind their product and their service is professional and reliable. I am very happy I chose them. GO FOR IT, its worth it! - Rod E.
My thanks to RLSD, their guidance and knowledge helped me in choosing the right doll for my needs.I will buy from them again in the future, I highly recommend! - Mark Z.

Too much fun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Too much fun »

Yes it is a lil bit difficult using the carabinier but I don't mind it's a good workout getting her around. I think that is a definite advantage to to Reallovesexdolls hanging unit.

It's awesome having a closet just for the doll. I wouldn't have it any other way

Doc Brown
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doc Brown »

sapman24 wrote:http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40249881/

That's what I wan't to get. Its 500 USD. Looks like tons of storage space. I went to ikea and took a look at it. I would add boards and make it lockable. Would be a full proof solution, and put a deadbolt in your room's door if you want that.

I think you want more storage space, you can add more wood on the bottom to lift it. You would only need to paint it black or white.

I have got to get me one of these!!!

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

Doc Brown wrote:
sapman24 wrote:http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40249881/

That's what I wan't to get. Its 500 USD. Looks like tons of storage space. I went to ikea and took a look at it. I would add boards and make it lockable. Would be a full proof solution, and put a deadbolt in your room's door if you want that.

I think you want more storage space, you can add more wood on the bottom to lift it. You would only need to paint it black or white.

I have got to get me one of these!!!
I'm confortable getting it now. Getting it Saturday, friend letting me use his dump truck.

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

I got the Malm Storage bed frame. The storage is insane. I could cram about 6 ORDOLL's if you wanted to cram them. My rose is more then comfortable. I would say you can put 3-4 lifesize dolls down there comfortably. Around 5-6 if you put them in horizontally.

It's crazy, you pull this belt, and it shoots up the matress. My matress is really heavy. It's a thick tempurpedic.

When the bed is down, its like nothing down there exist.

Thinking of adding some mods to the bed. Some sheets just in case if matress is lifted, lock, and perhaps some hinges to screw down the bed form the inside. I mean, if you add all that, its pretty full proof not to have someone find what your hiding it if its a concern of yours.

With that being said. You can own multiple lifesize dolls.

I'll take pictures and add more tomorrow.

Roger Rabbit

Post by Roger Rabbit »

Great info about the Malm, would love to see some pictures :)
No longer active on the forum...

DollAfficionado

Congratulations! I am just about sold on the MALM storage solution. I am looking forward to seeing your pics. Please include pics of your doll(s) in the storage area to give us an idea of what to expect. I agree that sheets and a lock would be desirable add-ons.

Greyling

Ikea MALM Storage Bed, Image

Post by Greyling »

Since I've seen people mentioning the "Malm", and they were thinking of getting it, I did a bit of research and got the picture.
The word "Malm" made no sense to me, as it looks kinda made up, which I assume it is just like most of the Ikea line of products,
do they speak a different language than the rest of us?

Here it is in a picture, it does look like it has a lot of storage under it.
Attachments
malm-storage-bed-brown.JPG
malm-storage-bed-brown.JPG (48.01 KiB) Viewed 3270 times

INFORMATIONS