Starpery.com

How To Remove TPE Stains in less than 10 seconds

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DollAfficionado

Re: How To Remove TPE Stains in less than 10 seconds

Post by DollAfficionado »

This is very good information to know. Solves those TPE stain accidents.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Doc Brown
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doc Brown »

digitaldavid wrote:What happens is once the ink bleeds too deep into the TPE, it's very difficult to remove with any chemical without damaging it. The chemical basically needs to be in contact with the ink to remove it.
Yup. Left a wig on Brynn for a few days and didn't realize one of the black straps was resting on her ear. Now she has a "tattoo".
OMS did not work for me.

No real big. More annoyed with myself than anything. I should have known better. :shakefist:

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Doc Brown wrote:
digitaldavid wrote:What happens is once the ink bleeds too deep into the TPE, it's very difficult to remove with any chemical without damaging it. The chemical basically needs to be in contact with the ink to remove it.
Yup. Left a wig on Brynn for a few days and didn't realize one of the black straps was resting on her ear. Now she has a "tattoo".
OMS did not work for me.

No real big. More annoyed with myself than anything. I should have known better. :shakefist:
Same here, once its been left for a while, i left the country for a week ,came back after new years and despite several attempts with either baking soda mix idea off this site, or 'mineral spirits' or paint thinner, zero improvement. :(

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

I had a wig strap stain on Joy, the TPE stain remover did work eventually. Do not know if I got it from WM or 1 am. problem is it is expensive, and really is good for only smaller stains,

Odorless mineral spirits may not be had by the public, but we get it as a paint mfg company by the 55 gal drum.

Bay area Cal.

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

harvey48 wrote:Odorless mineral spirits may not be had by the public, but we get it as a paint mfg company by the 55 gal drum..
I just got it the hardware store https://www.lowes.ca/thinners-strippers ... 63042.html
$8.99 CDN for a quart.
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Good price.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

keeneye

Post by keeneye »

my problem is parts of the tpe recieves less colouration from the baby powder mix with coca powder. most parts colour evenly but some parts will not darken... i wonder what causes one area to darken and the other not.. notice the outside of her leg around the seem... anyone else got any ideas how to even the tan
see the spots on the arm and leg... it sucks... gotta change the lighting for photos... and take of my glasses if i dont want to see various shading of skin colour...

I also have a spot under the breast that wont colour either since i place a warm towel over a crease on her breast that came with the doll and has never left with the warm towel technique the distributor claims works.. to bad..

I hope the next surface they come up with is better...
Attachments
you can see the lighter spots that recieve less pigment when powdered.. same thing happened when i only used baby powder...
you can see the lighter spots that recieve less pigment when powdered.. same thing happened when i only used baby powder...
top pic make b and w PIC_0622 (2).jpg (565.78 KiB) Viewed 5277 times

Shanzdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Shanzdoll »

Very helpful and informative thread. Thanks all!

keeneye

Post by keeneye »

felt marker will fade away in five months as did my eyebrows i replaced with felt pen twice..

Delphinidae

Post by Delphinidae »

Hello ... I`m a Newbie here ...just got a 148cm TPE Doll from China
After the first night the Doll had this stain on the dolls butt left from a black dress .... thought i damaged the doll forever , but now i se there`s probably a way to get that stain away .... woohoo i`m so Happy...have to try this ... with odorless spirit ...( also named white spirit ? ) did i get right ???

Sincerely Newbie

frankly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by frankly »

Hey digitaldavid,
Thanks for this post! I haven't tried this yet, but will. I stupidly put a black dress on my doll and it stained her thighs just a bit. We'll see if the mineral spirits do the trick. Thanks again.

-frankly

waspie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by waspie »

Is there any way to improve the smell after using white spirits ? I don't really want to apply perfume as 1) not sure on porous effect of said perfume and 2) I have different perfumes i like to use so don't want to be stuck with the one scent ;)
Any hints/tips appreciated.
I know i can apply perfume to clothing ok, but the tpe skin itself still smells of the white spirit.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

for stains on TPE contact member "indigo20" he makes a stain remover for TPE dolls.

carlys_guy

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

be very careful using baking soda on your doll it will scratch the surface giving mold a easier place to grow and weaken the tpe so it may tear easier.

carlys_guy

waspie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by waspie »

carlys_guy wrote:be very careful using baking soda on your doll it will scratch the surface giving mold a easier place to grow and weaken the tpe so it may tear easier.

carlys_guy
Thanks fo rthe info carlys_guy. Do you refer to baking soda on it's own in powder form or in the toothpaste method that was mentioned also ?

INFORMATIONS