Starpery.com

Moving, dressing, carrying / lifting tips.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Moving, dressing, carrying / lifting tips.

Post by Fenrisulfr »

There's most likely a thread already in existance and I've missed it but thoughts are here in one place for a 'how to', whether for dressing, moving, carrying / lifting and storage (including stands) for all solid dolls.

A lot of folks on here jump in at the deep end having never seen a doll in the flesh let alone picked one up and it's a harsh learning curve if you get it wrong (fingerpokes / tears/ breakage) and disappointment if it's hard work, so please pool your knowledge here folks.

First accessory to kick off the thread is a wheelchair, whether for inside or out. I'm lucky to be able to borrow a titanium sports chair, light, narrow and short but a folding chair which takes less space when stored is better. Ideal when moving a doll around outside or over distance if you have a bad back.
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Moving, dressing, carrying / lifting tips.

Post by Chronos »

When on the bed I like to keep my doll on a beach towel or small blanket. To move her around I just pull the towel around, no lifting required. Even easier if you use satin sheets.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I pretty much always lift my doll in the bear hug way, one arm around her upper waist, and the other lifting her butt. That way, the center of gravity is very close to my own, which makes lifting and carrying much easier.

Something to be aware of when moving a doll from a standing pose to a sitting pose, bend the arms before you lift her, so they're pointing towards you. That way, the hands won't get squished when you sit her down, preventing finger pokes.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

I always carry my girls in the bridal hug to be able to look at their fingers to avoid finger pokes- I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning not paying attention. Brigitte paid for it. :oops: I ordered an office chair with rolls pretty soon after I got Brigitte who weighs almost 50 kilos. It made it so much easier to move her. And I´m so glad I bought a wheel chair. It made it even easier to move her, even getting her downsstairs without sweating to get her to the car to give her a ride. :D
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Mostly I carry my dolls in bridal position :D
But when carrying a doll up/down stairs, I pretend to be a fire fighter :wink:

About dressing. If possible, all dresses and shirts are put on from the bottom: feet first, legs, over her hips, next hands and arms in place, over her breasts, and then everything in place :D If she's wearing stockings, put them on first, that makes it much more easy :idea:
Some shirts that are too tight at the neck to pass her hips, it's arms first, head removed, get it over the neck bolt, then everything in place and don't forget to put the head on the doll again :wink:

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Apart from the bridal position for lifting / moving, as well as crossing their arms, I put socks on the girls hands as well to protect the fingers.
On dressing I put 'pop-socks' on their hands or old stockings which makes it easier to put on tops / jackets and their arms just 'slide' down the sleeves and the nylons just slide off when dressed.
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Great tips for newbies like me.

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

I will work on a video of how I lift and transfer Kylli from place to place.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Pretty much what has already been said, I position Sharon's arms so she hugs me, then holding her against my body lift her by her tight little butt. Easier on my back. I use the bridal lift only to get her in a sitting or prone position.

As for wheelchairs, get one with removable arms if you can.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS