Starpery.com

Care and Maintenance Tips

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Papa Bear
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Care and Maintenance Tips

Post by Papa Bear »

CharlieWone wrote: I use a cotton tube sock and yes, I do keep it in a sealable plastic bag
to keep it fresh and tidy when not in use. Tupperware would work even better!
I repeat, this is a great idea. It's off to tube socks 'n tupperware r us. Thanks CharlieWone!
MY PHOTO ALBUMS: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13890

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Buddha

CaptainAwesome

Post by CaptainAwesome »

A few questions about using powder: Does it get absorbed into the silicone at all? If it doesn't, doesn't it get all over everything? (furniture, floor, sheets, clothes) If it does, does that have any negative effect on the silicone?

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

CaptainAwesome wrote:A few questions about using powder: Does it get absorbed into the silicone at all? If it doesn't, doesn't it get all over everything? (furniture, floor, sheets, clothes) If it does, does that have any negative effect on the silicone?
Silicone does not seem to absorb powder, but the powder nevertheless seems to disappear from the doll's skin -- eventually. Partly because it does get all over everything. That can be a problem if you dress a recently powdered doll in dark clothing. Typically, you would powder the doll lying on a bed, then you hang her up to dress her. (You might not realize it, but you have just coated the front of your own clothes in powder.) You then crouch down to wriggle her skirt up her legs, having put her other clothes in your lap temporarily, unknowingly coating them with random shafts of powder...

So, no, in my experience it has only a beneficial effect on the silicone. It reduces shine (photography) and reduces friction (realism to the touch). However, you need to take steps to prevent the powder getting everywhere. You can use a cloth or a large soft brush both to distribute the powder evenly and to wipe off the excess. (It still gets everywhere though...)

brat++++playfull

Post by brat++++playfull »

Hi if you teamber me , I have a P.I.B.B.B and ran into a nother problem , not a big one , but here it is .

Her top right eye lids is comming off , can any one help , with any sudgestions .

Thank you verry much .

BEST WISHES TO ALL .............................................. BRAT,
Home is where our story begins

CptKaos
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CptKaos »

Really helpfull post, thanks for taking the time to write it up and for the sticky.

kasper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kasper »

Fantastic tips 6uldv8 !! A great lesson :multi:

TheMan01
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheMan01 »

Great topic. Questions:

How often should you clean a doll's body, and how often do you need to "powder" her? How soft a surface do you need for storage? I was planning to store on my bed, but it's a pretty firm mattress. Should I get a body pillow to put under her? Would that be enough? If you do bathe a doll, is there risk of damage to vaginal/anal entry in doing so?

mwl

Post by mwl »

6uldv8, thank you for the tips! You're great!

Jonathan-
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jonathan- »

Thanks for compiling this list of pointers, 6uldv8. :D It'll come in handy for new doll owners like myself.

cannotgoogleme
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cannotgoogleme »

Wow! What a useful thread! I'm curious about a couple of things, though...

As I looked through the advice, I noticed that some of it specifically referred to silicone. I've got a TPE doll on the way, and I'm very curious to find out if the following lines also apply to TPE:
6uldv8 wrote:Always use a water based lube.
Never use Vaseline or oil based products for lube.
Never use solvents or strong chemicals to clean her.
If she's dirty gently use mild soapy water with a soft sponge or cloth to clean.
Don't rub too hard as it may split the skin.
Soap, Shampoo, Bath Gel and Mild Detergents are ok to use on silicone.
Don't leave her by a bar heater or fire.
Avoid tight clothing for extended periods, as it can cause creases.
Watch out for sharp things like jacket zips, long fingernails, jewellery etc. as they can damage the silicone.
For extended storage, keep her laying flat in the relaxed position on a soft colorless surface with no clothes on and powdered, preferably in the original shipping crate. This will reduce any chance of silicone damage, creasing, deformation and joint pressure.
If warming a doll with an electric blanket, always use the lowest heat setting and check her often in case she creates a hotspot.
Avoid direct sunlight on the skin for long periods as it may cause fading.
Silicone will last longer if kept in between 5 & 35 degrees Celsius.
Avoid dusty areas as silicone dolls are both sticky & electrostatic which will mean a lot more cleaning.
You may gently nibble, but don't bite her.
Some of those points specifically mention silicone. Which of these points also apply to TPE, and which do not apply to TPE?

I also have a couple of other questions...
6uldv8 wrote:To avoid messy and regular clean ups, use a condom.
Is this necessary with an insert? You could just bring the insert with you into the shower and wash it off; much less expensive than using condoms all the time. Or is there something I'm forgetting about?
6uldv8 wrote:Always wash new clothes just in case they stain her. Especially black and dark colors.
If clothing stains a doll, is this permanent? Or can it be washed out with mild soapy water / a soft sponge?

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

Very good list.
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

phcookiecrusher

Post by phcookiecrusher »

Great info, thanks 6uldv8.
Tiffani-Lana (Sanhui 165)
Main Thread || Flickr || Doll Albums
_________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tyrellkao666666
Ex-Member

Post by tyrellkao666666 »

I have a similar question. How soft does the bed have to be under the doll. DO I need a layer of comforters? Plus her head has been on a pillow. SHe sleeps with a pillow next to me. Is this putting strain on her neck? Should I not give her a pillow? Let me know please

Pasaway
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Pasaway »

I got a 100cm TPE doll and just bought baby powder to treat her. The powder has zinc as an ingredient what seems to be slightly antibacterial if applied on human skin. Is zinc harmful to TPE or is that a positive ingredient?

MashiMaron

Post by MashiMaron »

Filch wrote:I wish I had read this sooner.now there is rust under her neck,metal wire poking thru, And some creases I cant remove.
Don't know how bad or if that rust spot can reach but u can try very carefully to remove the rust with a metal brush like this.
Maybe they have a smaller size metal brush once if it possible to remove the rust. U can spray a primer to prevent further rusting. And the neck area should be avoid at all cost from water. Water can slip in the neck joint and can reach the inner skeleton.
And if it's possible to use this tool very carefully hold a vacuum cleaner so the rust can suck it away. You don't want the rust stick on your silicone doll skim or tpe.
And you also can use a plastic bag and make a insertion from the neck joint size.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.42 KiB) Viewed 4500 times

INFORMATIONS