Starpery.com

Ruined doll, please help

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Ruined doll, please help

Post by DarkOne »

CrazyCajun wrote:Be grateful it did not last for 6 months, then develop what the manufacturer determines is an repairable problem, then you would be out 100% of your money.
You make it sound like most manufactures would refund you if after 1 month it developed a non repairable problem.

Hint: most won't.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

We have labeled this manufacturer as a scam, they offered another doll and then returned the purchase price of the doll because it had major issues shortly after purchase.

How is it that they are labeled as scammers "And they may well be" when they in the end made an offer to replace the doll and then returned the money and when a major manufacturer has a $2570.00 dollar doll develop an un-repairable problem in 6 months and that customer is left out to dry. Why is that major manufacturer not held accountable for their inaction!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

CrazyCajun,
Oh they are scammers... no ifs and ands or buts
When THIS manufacturer steal Sam's pictures of a 155WM dolls and claims he is the inventor and sells it in all sizes ranging from 140 to 165, the seller is selling fakes/replicas since Sam only sells that body type in one size.
This is why I labeled them as a scammer not thsi one transaction, but I bet you the dolls bought was a fake of a WM140 Katie.
Of course, they are not the only scammers on Ebay.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

Point taken, but if you are one of the people that end up with a doll from a major manufacturer and it develops what that manufacturer determines as an un-repairable problem due to poor engineering in a short time and are left with no recourse and no assistance from that manufacturer, then in the end the difference between them and a scammer is not that great!

The really horrible part is that this manufacturer would benefit enormously by simply admitting the flaw, re-design it and offer a replacement with an updated doll at a reduced price. The effort and cost of re-designing this Spiral pipe with a replaceable component is negligible.
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

"then in the end the difference between them and a scammer is not that great?"
IMHO, apples and oranges.
This seller has no integrity he/she is trying to fool the helpless Ebayers who do not know about dolls that can fall
apart in two weeks as Harem shows UNLESS they see my add and I clearly name this seller in my add stating he/she is a liar and have a quote by Sam as back up.
Did something happen with you and a major manufacturer?
If so, let's talk in private, fair enough?
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

CrazyCajun wrote:Point taken, but if you are one of the people that end up with a doll from a major manufacturer and it develops what that manufacturer determines as an un-repairable problem due to poor engineering in a short time and are left with no recourse and no assistance from that manufacturer, then in the end the difference between them and a scammer is not that great!

The really horrible part is that this manufacturer would benefit enormously by simply admitting the flaw, re-design it and offer a replacement with an updated doll at a reduced price. The effort and cost of re-designing this Spiral pipe with a replaceable component is negligible.
The difference is that doll at least lasted 6 months and in theory the neck could have been repaired and the rest of the doll would have been usable.

The ebay doll would have lasted days and no amount of repair would have fixed it., and the seller tried to get the buyer to close the dispute early and that would have left him with $0 refund and a broken doll. He may have never received a 2nd doll if he asked for the 2nd doll it might have just been a delay tactic.

The only reason the buyer got his money back was because he listened to us and didn't fall for the scammers tactics. THAT is why that doll was a scam even though the buyer ended up with 90% of his money back.

PS: yes I do also consider the dolls built with bendable wire elements (even from major manufactures) in the neck and wrists to be a bit of a 'scam' myself as these are dolls designed to fail from day 1, and that is just unacceptable for a doll costing $1000~3000.

They are still MILES ahead in build quality from the true 'scam' dolls however.

You don't see $10 kids toys with bending wire skeletons that fail in use (as a kid would likely manage to wear out such a skeleton in days..), why should we see $1000 adult toys with bending wire skeletons?

Gooseneck pipe is a little better then just plain bending wire, but not by much.

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

Sadly. I looked over this and can't see all the fault with the seller. The disintegration of the TPE around the vagina and anus looks like an incompatible lubricant was used and then left on the doll without cleaning after use, possibly for days or longer at a time. I don't know for sure, but the evidence points towards that on those damages. I own two tpe dolls myself and have seen other dolls with the same issue as the one here. The head could have been a manufacturing fluke but it was indeed a defect, albeit a repairable one.....but I think the 6 months of incorrect lube and improper cleaning did the other damages.
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

starion wrote:Sadly. I looked over this and can't see all the fault with the seller. The disintegration of the TPE around the vagina and anus looks like an incompatible lubricant was used and then left on the doll without cleaning after use, possibly for days or longer at a time. I don't know for sure, but the evidence points towards that on those damages. I own two tpe dolls myself and have seen other dolls with the same issue as the one here. The head could have been a manufacturing fluke but it was indeed a defect, albeit a repairable one.....but I think the 6 months of incorrect lube and improper cleaning did the other damages.
6 months? No his pictures where after a few *days*

And most of the damage was on the inner thighs where they suffer from tension damage.. but that kind of damage.. I don't have that on my doll after a year. He had it in a few days.

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

I'm sorry, I haven't read all the replies.

But, this is what you get from ordering cheap TPE dolls from China.

Honestly.

This is what you get.

Enough said.

Rheily
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rheily »

Yes as DarkOne said, this was after a couple of days.
The skeleton was also very loose at some places.

Some of you said that it'd be a good idea to donate her away and only charge the shipping costs for her, but to be honest, I doubt ANYONE would be happy with her even for free.

I took her apart. There were smelly brown water inside her all over.
All the way from her foots up to the torso.

Ugh..

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Brown water. Ouch. Did you put her in the bath? Or did you use a shower hose to clean her?

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Rheily
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rheily »

When I got her I sat her on a stool in the shower and only washed her from the breast and down, and inside her vagina/anus. My guess is that's where the water leaked in. Since that little TPE ball came out while cleaning there..

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

Can we see what she looks like now? Also how did the head do?
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Tpe if cheaply manufactured it will be too porous and take on water at an alarming rate. I'm sorry to hear of your doll troubles. I know harem has a thread around here about getting the water out of such toy ladies.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Rheily wrote:When I got her I sat her on a stool in the shower and only washed her from the breast and down, and inside her vagina/anus. My guess is that's where the water leaked in. Since that little TPE ball came out while cleaning there..
The ball is hardly a seal at all, can't use pressurised water at all on these dolls.

Sadly, even genuine WM dolls share this defect of the ball coming out and/or being a piss poor seal if at all, allowing water in to become a biohazord inside.

Its really stupid that they don't glue them in, or use some kinda industrial glue gun to remelt the TPE and/or inject new hot molten TPE to properly seal the cavity.

INFORMATIONS