Starpery.com

Conditioner and synthetic wigs. Thought I would share this

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Conditioner and synthetic wigs. Thought I would share th

Post by IanEvans »

What I do is first wash the wig with liquid dish soap (as recommended by the late Don Edmundson of Ruby13), rinse it completely, and then soak it in the fabric softener solution before letting it drip dry. The result is always silky-smooth and easy to brush, and I no longer need to use wig detangling spray for intermittent brushing between washes...though I suppose it also helps that most of my girls now have short hair that doesn't tangle as easily to begin with. Oh, and just for the benefit of those who may not know, ALWAYS use cold water.
scooter_ca wrote:Also fabric softener smells great. Daria does not need any perfume. I love to nuzzle into her neck and be engulfed in the fragrance.
Yeah, I specifically choose the softener based on which scent I like the best, even if it means getting weird looks from clerks when I take the time to open and sniff a dozen different bottles to find it. :whistle: Between that and the Resolve spray I use to clean the dolls themselves, the week or so after bath day has me feeling like I'm sleeping in a giant laundry basket. :P

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

IanEvans wrote:[...] the week or so after bath day has me feeling like I'm sleeping in a giant laundry basket. :P
LOL

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

LaDollyVita wrote:
IanEvans wrote:[...] the week or so after bath day has me feeling like I'm sleeping in a giant laundry basket. :P
LOL
Soudns very cozy, doesn't it? :lol:
"One person's craziness is another person's reality." - Tim Burton
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I recently used IanEvans' method for several of my wigs. Works like a charm. Great advice.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This stuff really works. The wig my Reiko is wearing was in rough shape before hand. Now it is soft and beautiful
20160505_023747.jpg
20160505_023747.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 712 times
amongst other things lol
Attachments
Message_1462435382628.jpg
Message_1462435382628.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 703 times
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS