Starpery.com

Let's talk freckles!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Let's talk freckles!

Post by tattooed dolls »

Calling all doll owners of freckled gals, I am about to add freckles and re airbrush the muscle tone on my RD.
However , I want to inspect some of the different styles of freckles from all manufacturers , but, I need close ups , very detailed and hi res images would be great.

I know many of you want to add them to your own dolls ,(used dolls ) and since abyss does not accept returns or do custom add ins after they are delivered( due to the nature of the product )
, I want to offer this service as well as tattoo work, I've seen many used doll owners just live with the doll in its base silicone color.

Imagine those dolls , renewed and showing all the muscle tones again, since they take a beating and eventually rub off completely much like the nipple and lip color.

I already have the paint and spray able silicone , so any help on the freckle reference would be great.
Thank you everyone!
Be kind Rewind .Image

DollAfficionado

Re: Let's talk freckles!

Post by DollAfficionado »

Hi tattooeddolls,

Here is an old thread on the subject of Dolls with Freckles to get you started.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=52248

D.A.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

DollAfficionado wrote:Hi tattooeddolls,

Here is an old thread on the subject of Dolls with Freckles to get you started.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=52248

D.A.
Hey what's up D.A. Thank you for that link, I've seen enough from those to know exactly how I'm going to do that.
An old school airbrush trick should work perfect for that.

Everything is lining up rather quickly, especially thanks to you for all your support .
Be kind Rewind .Image

DollAfficionado

You're welcome. There are so many "blank canvases" out in the doll world just waiting to be enhanced.

One of the services that you may want to consider offering is to have new doll purchasers have their vendor send the purchasers' dolls directly to you for tattoos and/or freckles before you send the doll along to the end customer after you have completed the work order. This would save customers the extra shipping expense which would reduce a barrier towards having you enhance their doll. This would, however, require that you establish a relationship with the various doll vendors. New doll owners would only have to pay shipping twice instead of three times which would benefit both you and your customers.

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

DollAfficionado wrote:You're welcome. There are so many "blank canvases" out in the doll world just waiting to be enhanced.

One of the services that you may want to consider offering is to have new doll purchasers have their vendor send the purchasers' dolls directly to you for tattoos and/or freckles before you send the doll along to the end customer after you have completed the work order. This would save customers the extra shipping expense which would reduce a barrier towards having you enhance their doll. This would, however, require that you establish a relationship with the various doll vendors. New doll owners would only have to pay shipping twice instead of three times which would benefit both you and your customers.
That is one of my same thoughts, geez man I think you and I are really in the same page with ideas and research, if I could have the doll delivered directly and then re ship to the client , it would be perfect, for the client as well, I would have no hesitation on accepting a already used doll.
This would eliminate the need to require the owner to sterilize the doll before shipping to me, that's the only kink in the plan, I would have to charge a surcharge for sterilization of the doll if it seemed dirty or had evidence of "a fun time" on her.

Having new ones roll by would be the best option, but, realistically , I think owners of used dolls would be more inclined to have me work some magic , since they want a change after living with their doll for a bit.
The biggest deal is to inspect the damage on the doll before hand , if it were anything like mine, I hate to have the client think it was my fault if old repairs came undone or if damage under the surface were to suddenly happen while in my hands, like any professional I would have to address the damage in the correct fashion.
All this comes to mind while I work on my own doll.
Be kind Rewind .Image

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

Maybe. Should move to California and rent a building next to the realdoll factory ,, lol
A guy can dream right ?
Be kind Rewind .Image

DollAfficionado

Legally, I think you would be better off leaving cleaning, sanitizing, and sterilization to be done by either the buyer or seller. If you were to offer sterilization services, and then one of the end customers were to develop an HIV infection or other STD at some later point, I could foresee a situation where a customer might claim that the doll was improperly sterilized even though it was. Any competent lawyer should be able to shoot down such a case against you, but it could still create a giant headache for you. You could still charge a cleaning surcharge for a doll that needs to be cleaned up before you are able to do tattoo/freckle work, but you would just not claim that the doll is sterilized.

If someone sends you a used doll to receive work, taking before and after pictures would be one good way to protect yourself. It would probably be a good idea to consult with a lawyer before you start your business and have the lawyer draw up 2 versions of disclaimers/contracts to be signed by customers. One for new dolls that you are receiving directly from vendors, and one for used dolls that you are receiving directly from customers. I imagine it would cost about $200 to get this done, but it would be money well spent.

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

DollAfficionado wrote:Legally, I think you would be better off leaving cleaning, sanitizing, and sterilization to be done by either the buyer or seller. If you were to offer sterilization services, and then one of the end customers were to develop an HIV infection or other STD at some later point, I could foresee a situation where a customer might claim that the doll was improperly sterilized even though it was. Any competent lawyer should be able to shoot down such a case against you, but it could still create a giant headache for you. You could still charge a cleaning surcharge for a doll that needs to be cleaned up before you are able to do tattoo/freckle work, but you would just not claim that the doll is sterilized.

If someone sends you a used doll to receive work, taking before and after pictures would be one good way to protect yourself. It would probably be a good idea to consult with a lawyer before you start your business and have the lawyer draw up 2 versions of disclaimers/contracts to be signed by customers. One for new dolls that you are receiving directly from vendors, and one for used dolls that you are receiving directly from customers. I imagine it would cost about $200 to get this done, but it would be money well spent.
I will look in to that for sure.
Once I line up everything that's the next thing on my list.

I guess the best option is to work with new dolls, ideally .
But limiting to only new dolls wouldn't be much of a business I think.
So the main issue is exactly what you mentioned , if I have to be in contact with the doll I would want some piece of mind , I wouldn't want to pick up any desease by handling them.
That's why I mentioned sterilizing them.
Be kind Rewind .Image

DollAfficionado

For used dolls, a "Doll Preparation Fee" might be a base charge on all used dolls received to include the work required to protect yourself and prepare the doll's surfaces to receive work.

DollAfficionado

I was thinking about freckles and tattoos. I wonder how both freckles and tattoos would look on the same doll? Do you think that this would be too much, or would it enhance a doll's appearance? Some real women pull it off well, but having both on a doll is new territory.

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

DollAfficionado wrote:I was thinking about freckles and tattoos. I wonder how both freckles and tattoos would look on the same doll? Do you think that this would be too much, or would it enhance a doll's appearance? Some real women pull it off well, but having both on a doll is new territory.
I plan to experiment on my RD with the freckles as well.
Don't think it would look bad or be too much ,on the contrary , I believe adding blemishes and imperfections to the skin tone will add more realism to the general appearance of the doll.
I've been trying to figure out a way to do this with out resorting to brushes , at least not directly on the skin.
So it doesn't kill the illusion .

IMO brush stroke freckles are very cheesy up close, I'd hate to have to look at that during the fun time and just distract me from the moment, maybe it's just me and my artist mentality, I hold my work up to a certain standard , and I would want it to change just because it's a doll and not a flesh and blood person.
Be kind Rewind .Image

DollAfficionado

I had brush stroke freckles on one of my old Candy8teen dolls, so I know what you are talking about. They were alright for a low-end doll, but I would definitely want something higher quality and professional on any $3K+ doll.

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

DollAfficionado wrote:I had brush stroke freckles on one of my old Candy8teen dolls, so I know what you are talking about. They were alright for a low-end doll, but I would definitely want something higher quality and professional on any $3K+ doll.
Yup, exactly!
I even experiment with purposely staining the silicone with concentrated pigments like tattoo ink.
Leaving them on for a few days and then wiping them off, some do work but since I use vegetable based ink it doesn't stain it super dark.
Only certain colors do.
Be kind Rewind .Image

INFORMATIONS