https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Just an illusion (ScoonimDoll photo series)

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Just an illusion (ScoonimDoll photo series)

Post by Koen »

Because of the load of compliments I received, for which my eternal gratitude :D , I intended to make the new photoshoot for my ScoonimDoll website with typical spring elements. But because of serious lack of time I have to postpone that.
Nevertheless I felt that I really needed to update the gallery-4 with the ‘Winter Special’. So, when my eldest daughter came up with this brilliant idea to make a simple photoshoot of Stellai watching TV, I grabbed the idea with both hands. 8)

Eventhough the photo’s are technically far from perfect (some of them are seriously out of focus) it seems not to effect the photoshoot. It even helps to create an atmosphere in which it is almost hard to believe that Stellai watching television is just an illusion. :wink:

. Image

If you like to see the complete series you can use this link:

http://www.scoonimdolls.com/gallery-4-gb.html

To prevent that some nice pics fall completely into oblivion, I have added an archive to my galleries.
So, if you missed my ‘Winter Special’ or ‘Christmas Special’...

Koen

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Just an illusion (ScoonimDoll photo series)

Post by 1jayjay »

Thanks for the pic and link Koen. :) That's a terrific idea your daughter came up with. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Stellai is a stunning doll and she looks so very realistic in every way. a tremendous creation, thanks again. :) :D

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

I love yr dolls but when I see the wait is minimum 1,5 years I forget about them. I have patience but not that much and in the meantime the competition aint sleeping :wink:

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Koen wrote:It even helps to create an atmosphere in which it is almost hard to believe that Stellai watching television is just an illusion. :wink:
That is the magic of dolls! Clearly, it works even with miniature dolls, especially those that pose as well as this one.

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

skybird100000 wrote:I love yr dolls but when I see the wait is minimum 1,5 years I forget about them. I have patience but not that much and in the meantime the competition aint sleeping :wink:
Too bad that you think you lack the patience :( . Please keep in mind that being on my waiting list is free and does not oblige you to buy when you have reached first position. So, you only cut yourself when you are truely interested in getting a ScoonimDoll by not having your name on my list.

ScoonimDoll is an collectors item. If anybody would ever decide to create a 12 inch doll with poseable breasts and face, I will still be the first to have added this. For people that have dolls for toys, this is not an issue, but for collectors it is, as is the exclusivity.
My goal is not mass production, but to create the most innovative realistic and sexy looking 12" poseable doll in the highest possible quality. The dolls are fully handmade by myself and I 'produce' them in very very limited amounts. On top of that each ScoonimDoll is assembled to customer preferences and I make sure that none of them are full duplicates. Consequently ScoonimDoll is already and will remain to be an ultimate collectors item. :)

As for the competition, well,.... there is no competition. And as strange as it may sound the lack of competition is actually a misfortune to me. Hot Stuff has developed a body that seems to come the closest to ScoonimDoll, but they have decided for large scale production and low pricing, which is the killer for exclusivity. So, even they are no competition for ScoonimDolls unless they stop producing today. :whistle:

I recently have ordered a Hot Stuff poseable body for testing and technical comparisment, but based on the available pics, vids and info on the internet, I think that also on technical aspects they are no threat to ScoonimDoll. :roll:

Koen

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Hey Koen,
ScoonimDoll is an collectors item. If anybody would ever decide to create a 12 inch doll with poseable breasts and face, I will still be the first to have added this. For people that have dolls for toys, this is not an issue, but for collectors it is, as is the exclusivity.
The funny thing is I wanted to speak about this yesterday but as I feared it could have been interpretated as a bad comment I didn't post it but now I will :)
Don't get me wrong, I love your little sexy/erotic dolls and I visited your webpage already several times. An advantage of sexy dolls is that they still will be collectible in 200 years, I am pretty sure of that.

For me a collectible is an item that can stay in excellent shape for at least 50 -200 years and keep its value or when lucky increase in value. For me personally I want my dolls to remain in good shape as long as I live. I already learned the hard way with my Arte tokio doll (silicone with wire skeleton and see my album) will be less worth in 5 years then today while she was advertised as collectible. She has damage (I think easy to repair) at one foot from standing and now she is lieing, this way she won't damage further but it was not what I had in mind when I bought her. I expected her to be a sexy statue that can be put in several positions, so way more posibilities as a bronze statue for example.

So here I have a doll that can be put in several positions but that is highly unrecommended for a longer time as silicone most be kept in a neutral position. So that means she could be aswell made in bronze as 99% of the time she has to be in the same/neutral position, meaning all the advertisements about poseable etc... are not fully true and/or misleading. My mannequin is more poseable as my arte doll for example as she can keep (limited) positions for very long times.
I didn't buy the Arte doll as collectible but as a test and it dissapoints me she is so fragile. Anyway she is a beautifull little doll and I will keep her forever. But it does ofcourse influence my next buy as you know these little beauties aint cheap :( .

I collect dolls now for 3 years and I have mostly resin and a few porselain dolls that are rather new (limited editions going from 200-700 worldwide) and a few dolls are ooak (one of a kind), I also have a few BjD but don't really consider those collectibles, time will tell. I now have my eye on a porcelain doll of 100cm that cost 5900 Euro (limited edition of 20) and that doll is new, she is made in 2012 by a well know doll maker. (not the kind of dolls you will find on this forum). So when I pay a bit more for a collector doll like that, is because I expect at least that she keeps her value and still to be in great shape in the future and in the meantime enjoying her.

So back to your dolls :). I have no idea how 'old' your dolls can become to be honest and if your doll can be put in any position for a long time.
I agree there is not real competition for you but there are now other sexy dolls and you can get them way faster and much cheaper so from that point of view there is competition. Your doll is maybe a ferrari and the others a scooter but I have to be sure your ferrari will still be in great shape in 20 years before I get one, making it worth the wait and money :twisted:

I hope this makes my comment of yesterday more clear, it was what I tried to hide between the lines :mrgreen: ,
Sky

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Thank you so much for your reaction, Sky. Can't tell how much I appreciate your comment! :D

The subject of a collectible that can last the ages is something that has constantly on my mind while developing ScoonimDolls. But the truth is that inspite of the testings I have done, which are very much promising, I will never be able to guarantee that a ScoonimDoll skin will keep its quality for even 50 years. This simply because of the fact that the origin of the skinmaterial I use, which is not silicon, but a hybrid poly-urethane with (a bit) better properties, is not even 15 years on the market. The longest test I have done myself is now 3,5 years :roll: . I myself have growing faith in this material, but objectively seen, it hardly is a representative test.

Like Arte Tokyo I also recommend to reposition a ScoonimDoll to basic position. But frankly speaking I am braking this rule myself all the time with Stellai and she is still in one piece. But then again, she is only 9 months old.

In my experience it is not so much the limitations of the material of these kind of dolls, but the lack of knowledge of the owner about the materials used :!: . Therefore to minimize the risk of breakage or skintearing the new generation ScoonimDolls come with an extensive instruction video and some skinmaterial for experimenting. :wink:
Furthermore I have optimized each part to the expected usage. Things like solid fingertips, tougher gelrubber for the hands and feet, coated skeleton, multilayer joints (wherever possible) are standard. 8)

But in the end the only way to be sure that a ScoonimDoll will last forever is by putting her in a box, not to be touched. For every thing that is ever created to be used is submissive to degeneration when used. :roll:

The real value of ScoonimDoll is only partly in the quality of its components, but it is much more in the innovations, the exclusivity and the amazing things you can do with it. For this I am quite confident that it is most unlikely that the competition that aims for cheap production will ever catch up with me.

You can can speed up a scooter, but you need a Lamborghini to compete with a Ferrari.

As for your Arte Tokyo doll :) I think you should reconsider her value. The fact that she can be posed makes her endlessly more valuable than any bronze statue. The power of these dolls is in the illusion of a living doll that you can create yourself by making pics of her posings. For me the joy of being able to create this illusion in a million varieties is something a static doll can never give.

As for your remark that you mannequin outruns your Arte Tokyo doll in posing for longer period of time, I find this a hard to believe :roll: . As long as there are no foldings or extreme stretchings in the silicon, the chance of tear forming is close to none. The amount of varieties of posing for longer period of time that is possible with your Arte Tokyo doll without putting stress to the skin is hugh. But your Arte Tokyo doll does need a different approach than your mannequin doll.

Koen

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Hi Koen; nice to meet you.
I've wanted one of your lovely creations for a while; so long, I'd probably be close to getting one
if I had put my name on your list.
Well I hope to be on it soon; I emailed you. :thumbs_up:
It will be a nice surprise for the holiday season 2013.

So you joined the TDF in 1969?!? I must be tripping on some of that brown acid.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

INFORMATIONS