Starpery.com

Elbow adjustment on WM sekelton('need an invention')

Got an idea? Need an invention?
avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Elbow adjustment on WM sekelton('need an invention')

Post by avante »

Hi guys,

I've got a WM158D, which is quite awesome, but 'motion-wise' I'd like a possible change to the skeleton. More specifically: an adjustment so her arm / elbow can rotate more. Currently the lower arm can rotate from the straight position (0 degrees) to 90 degrees position. There the skeleton / joint blocks. I would really like for her lower arm to be rotated higher, like 120-180 degrees.

Has anyone ever done such a thing?
Or does anyone has a picture of the actual parts? (how the arm-joint-arm pieces look; to see what one can do with them)

Why I would like this btw: it would be really nice if she could put her hands on her tits :D
Squishing them together, or just holding a tit in her hand, stuff like that.

Currently best I can do is arm under tits and hand sort of holding the far tit...I recon such a adjustment might make TJ's a lot nicer / varied.
And another thing I think it will serve is the doggy position (more possibilities)
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Elbow adjustment on WM sekelton('need an invention')

Post by rubherkitty »

You'd have to cut the elbows open to make the mods. If the doll is TPE, forget it.
If silicone, you may have a chance to glue back closed.
This joint limiter was most likely done to keep the joint from punching through the TPE or silicone if bent to a sharper degree corner.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

well...really dont see why -per se- the joints would punch thru more easily?
so you'll be more carefull, and you can quite easily do this break tru at small angles too with TPE dolls ;)

also with glue, it seems allot of people made some repairs, or with Indigo's kit...so the 'repair after the cut' is not really a concern to me.

If some one has a pic of the elbow; please share?!?
And really no one else who has thought about this...thinks its interesting to look into a bit?
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

QL57812

Post by QL57812 »

rubherkitty wrote:This joint limiter was most likely done to keep the joint from punching through the TPE or silicone if bent to a sharper degree corner.
This is probably right. The farther the wrist is rotated toward the shoulder, the more the TPE has to stretch around the outer elbow to allow the range of motion. Stretch any polymer too far around metal hinges with bolts, like the skeleton, and it will split open. This is also probably why most dolls can’t sit on their heels like a RG.
Kitty: JY163 with head 114

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

QL57812 wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:This joint limiter was most likely done to keep the joint from punching through the TPE or silicone if bent to a sharper degree corner.
This is probably right. The farther the wrist is rotated toward the shoulder, the more the TPE has to stretch around the outer elbow to allow the range of motion. Stretch any polymer too far around metal hinges with bolts, like the skeleton, and it will split open. This is also probably why most dolls can’t sit on their heels like a RG.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for laying it down: very proper explanation :) .
Still wouldn't it be nice if the arm could stretch to 100-110 degrees...just imagine 0X

QL57812

Post by QL57812 »

I just checked Kitty. Her elbow bends to about 140 degrees (I overlaid a protractor on her pic). Are you sure you have the arm rotated right to get full bend at the elbow? (Sorry for the crappy pic - took it on my ipad)
Attachments
2828F86E-F362-475E-B6ED-9BF76B765988.jpeg
2828F86E-F362-475E-B6ED-9BF76B765988.jpeg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1252 times
Kitty: JY163 with head 114

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

QL57812 wrote:I just checked Kitty. Her elbow bends to about 140 degrees (I overlaid a protractor on her pic). Are you sure you have the arm rotated right to get full bend at the elbow? (Sorry for the crappy pic - took it on my ipad)
LOL thanks for checking and dropping in...to be sure I rechecked, and it seems you are right...probably I did not have the arm right, goes furter than I thougt anyways.
Definitely goes further than 90...130-140 seems plausible for my model as well. Now still it is not all i'd wish for (see 2nd below pic: that be awesome), but definitely she can put her hand on her boob now :D

This I can probably achieve now (tried 1 hand, don't have the time to thoroughly check now) :
21 (14).jpg
21 (14).jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
And this is what would be really nice (to squish them from the sides)
So still, if anyone has a elbow joint photograph: please share!
44.jpg
44.jpg (478.69 KiB) Viewed 1242 times

INFORMATIONS