Starpery.com

You NEED a Robotic Doll, and I can help you!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
dildoll

You NEED a Robotic Doll, and I can help you!

Post by dildoll »

Hello,

Custom animatronics and robotics are what I do for a living.

I have made custom robotic doll heads for clients, for example these dolls:
Demonstration video:
AVA_v0p1__001.jpg
AVA_v0p1__001.jpg (308.33 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
robotic_example.jpg
robotic_example.jpg (62.41 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
robotic_example_with_skin.jpg
robotic_example_with_skin.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Our projects range from simple facial animation to much more complex doll robotics. For example, if you want your doll's face to come "alive" I can create a custom version of that exact head that knows your name and can interact with you.

THIS IS HAPPENING IN BIG COMMERCIAL COMPANIES...

...but...

I MAKE IT CUSTOM, just like you would like her. I can take it much further than most large companies are capable of.
I can make your robotic project fit within any manufacturer's doll.

Some of my studio's capabilities include (in-house, fast and affordable):
- 3D printing (FDM and SLA in many different materials)
- CNC machining of aircraft aluminum, steel, and more (most companies do not machine strong mechanisms but use cheap plastic printed parts instead)
- Composite tooling (for skulls and lightweight support structures)
- Welding (TIG and MIG)
- CNC plasma cutting (curvy steel frame components made quickly, affordably)
- Platinum silicone skins
- Sculptors with over 27 years of experience in special effects and high art commisions
- Full detailing (painting, hair punching, fine tuning the look of your finished robotic doll to your specifications)

Please feel free to contact me directly, no project is too small, almost anything is possible...
robotic_doll_head_example.mov
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 2851 times
robotic_doll_head_example_lightweight.wmv
(4.87 MiB) Downloaded 2852 times

BigBurrito

Re: You NEED a Robotic Doll, and I can help you!

Post by BigBurrito »

Been building my robotic head, a challenge for sure, i have a tread called "Building my Janis" and being on a fixed income makes progress slow, so i fab my own parts, using voice attack, but want to get VA to control the servos. The movements i have now is eyes LR&UD eyelids, and mouth. Plan on adding more expression controls, keep adding on. Currently using an RC radio to test. Like to hear any suggestions from you on hardware and software, and BTW, how much does your heads cost? Thanks
Attachments
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG (364.73 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

BigBurrito

Robotic Partner AVA V 0.1

Post by BigBurrito »

I admire your work, a lot cheaper than RD's product. But can you advise me on hardware/software config? i want to get my robot head i'm building to respond to voice. don't have a smartphone, using a windows 7 desktop. Good luck in your venture in robotics, you should go far.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

everything depends on the cost , as many know the more options etc. the cost goes up , but some basic animations etc. should have a cost listing and timetable for completing the head . this is an open and up coming untapped market for love dolls etc. one company or two? have already entered into this business.

dildoll

Post by dildoll »

...more than 2 companies are headed this way, and very very quickly...

Good idea on a list of options.

DenaMeier
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DenaMeier »

I have thought about this. If one built the mechanic / electronic / electromechanical inside mechanisms for a whole body, I suppose you could create a skin, (outer covering) that looks very nice. Probably would be a two way collaboration - you see, the internals have a limit for their size and volume occupied. Would be different from a solid body (all TPE / silicone). Because it would be hollow - in the hollow would be the internal skeleton, effectors, sensors, electronics, power source, etc.

Not that all of this is feasible. But I've been thought experimenting.
An example is - how do you get them to be warm to the touch like real persons? Well, use the skin for cooling the internal systems.

I'm not saying I am set up to be inventing the things needed for an android - yet. I am looking for ideas, and at some point my lab/shop will be set up.

It is nice that I found someone like you. It means if I get the mechanisms working, then I can put a skin on her, and your input for sizing of the internals will be valuable. Its a requirement that the internals fit - and that may mean it will take much more inventing and research.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's Third Law
love just is - it can manifest from a completely surprising source. Imagination is key.
Love is in every bit of reality - be ready for when our creations can express and flow that love - myself

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Hello DenaMeier
Glad to see another member interested in such things.
I'm in the central US and hope to get into making dolls someday too.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

To be honest, While I am impressed w/ the tech that has gone into this doll project, the doll face itself is just average in looks IMO. I don't know, she just looks more friendly than sexual. Hopefully you can have several face options to choose from. Better makeup and wig may help some too.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

even if a person made different heads , economy model ( sound activated moving mouth ) a middle cost head, ( sound activated moving mouth and moving eyes. ) deluxe model ( all the above and a turning head to. all adjustable by user ) would be good , but it would have to also fit current doll bodies . i also agree with rubberkitty about the face etc.

dildoll

Post by dildoll »

Yeah, I don't judge what client's want. If they want a cute-ish face we make exactly that. I can make whatever you like.

Unofficial POLL: How much do you think something like this costs?

Keep in mind this is not a thousand units, but one head made to your exact specifications and aesthetics. You don't go to a BMW dealership and say, "nice cars, but here are some drawings I have and I need you to make this car, but keep that the same price as what you have on the lot..."

Cheers

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i have no idea on what something like that would or should cost , as i mentioned you need to set up some various prices , with different set ups as i mentioned. and price accordingly. to me personally i think you should offer three different stage type heads , as some people might only be able to afford stage one (example) head with eyes that move and sound activated motion mouth.

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

you work like... in Hollywood or something? I always wondered if there were any movie people here, since the whole thing of artificial people is kinda like props/special fx in a way

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

The price you're asking is very fair for the doll.
Yes, if a person can have a custom head made that is just extra gravy.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

This is amazing. Needs better face though. I can see lots of work went into this. I imagine to make a custom robotic head would be very expensive, that's assuming it comes out like they had in mind. Even a custom non-robotic head would be like $20,000.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

it all boils down to what it can do, the looks and price , if priced to high the average person won't be able to afford it. maybe a select few might buy it but that would be it on a higher priced head.

INFORMATIONS