Starpery.com

Is there much demand for doll modifcations?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
BeeBee_painter

Is there much demand for doll modifcations?

Post by BeeBee_painter »

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum today!

I came across love dolls when watching a documentary on Netflix! I was instantly drawn to the fact that the majority of the dolls lack much realism in terms of colourings (especially facially, on the genitals, nipples).

I'm an experienced painter of reborn dolls (you know the vinyl/silicone baby dolls that people collect), and have always enjoyed making something with hyper realism. And from googling love dolls, it's fascinating to see that many (except select, highly expensive ones) are not as realistic as they could be in terms of how they are painted. Not meaning to offend anyone here of course!
I have decided to order a doll, as my own little project :) as would love the satisfaction of turning a generic off-the-self one into something hyper realistic and one-of-a-kind. So I'm planning on completed modifying her.

This begs the question... is there much demand for doll modifications? Or are the majority of love doll collectors less enthusiastic about this?

Bee Bee x

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Is there much demand for doll modifcations?

Post by samara78 »

Hi bee bee. I mod some dolls mostly mine with powder makeup and silicone paints. Some people send their doll heads to me sometimes. I like modding out the eyes of silicone dolls to give more life. Not many people contact me for such things though.
Attachments
Before a makeover
Before a makeover
20170517_141049~2.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1331 times
After a full make over
After a full make over
20170517_200518~2.jpg (781.95 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

i need a list of which brands of makeup will work on tpe.

Tomoe
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tomoe »

Tybalt wrote:i need a list of which brands of makeup will work on tpe.
Brand is kind of irrelevant. The type of makeup that works best on TPE dolls is powdered colors like in eye shadow palettes.

OP: I'm sure lots of people would quite like more realistic body blushing and detailing on their dolls, but the cost (they're big and heavy) and risk (they're somewhat fragile) of shipping them to someone to have this done is prohibitive.
There are some members here who do a very good job with that kind of thing though mostly on their own dolls.
Please do post pictures of the results once you get your doll, and if you could also post some pointers on how you achieve your results that would be awesome :)
My dolls:
Emilia DS 145 Elf
Angelica 165 cm anime fabric doll with silicone head

Previously owned dolls:
Katherine WM 135 cm
Miyuki 160 cm Anime fabric

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Yes seeing a doll made over by you would be a treat for sure
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS