Starpery.com

Finding Good Cloth Doll Patterns!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
TakersRose

Finding Good Cloth Doll Patterns!

Post by TakersRose »

I'm trying my hands at making a cloth doll. Not necessarily sexually capable but as anatomically correct as cloth can be. But I thought that maybe making a cloth companion doll for myself would be fun. However, finding a pattern for a doll that suits my needs is sort of difficult. I've found the Nunodoll site and the body is in the right direction in regards to proportions. But the head is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something a LOT less anime. I'd like to be able to do something with a fabric sculpted nose and possibly some kind of modified plastic doll eyes and some sort of lips made out of leather or suede. Something that makes the doll look cartoony but not the classic anime look.

I'm also looking to make high heeled capable feet, so that I can make heels for her. I'm not sure how tall I want to make the doll just yet. But I plan on making her custom clothing.

Any help in the direction of a pattern or techniques for learning how to make such a pattern would be greatly appreciated. :D
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Finding Good Cloth Doll Patterns!

Post by carlys_guy »

go to the top of the page and click advanced search then type in cloth doll patterns there are a lot of entries with some sites with patterns.

carlys_guy

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

carlys_guy wrote:go to the top of the page and click advanced search then type in cloth doll patterns there are a lot of entries with some sites with patterns.

carlys_guy
Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, my search only turned up some links to the Nunodoll website and some links that are no longer working.

However.....I did turn up a website called Doll Makers Journey. It's not a place for life size dolls or sex dolls. BUT, it is a place FILLED with cloth doll patterns and tutorials and techniques. Between that and the Nunodoll site, I'm sure with some effort I can cobble together that will work for my needs. :D

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

try contacting member coyote9 he makes dolls under the name velour vixens they are plush sex dolls and he uses pvc pipe for a skeleton some are dragons.

carlys_guy

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Here's a thread where you can get a pattern from a forum member :http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ic+pattern The link is at the end of the thread. If you check out the posting history of various people who commented in that thread you can probably find a lot more to learn about making your own fabric doll. I'm sure there's more stuff out there; it's not something I've paid a ton of attention too although I remember it coming up from time to time, so if you poke around long enough I'm sure you can find more hidden nuggets of knowledge as well. Good luck!

Edit: Here's a link someone mentioned in an old post that still works: http://kids.nunodoll.com/lifesize/girl08.html I didn't look too far into it, but apparently that one pictured is a double sized version of a smaller doll which there is a pattern for. Doesn't look too bad though!

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

this posting used a vinyl doll (Lovebody Ren doll) to create the pattern .. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69998

Genji

Post by Genji »

I compiled all of my doll making notes into a downloadable PDF and listed on Etsy, the crafters marketplace site.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GFdolls

A few people bought it. Nobody reviewed it yet, but they didn't complain or ask for a refund either, so hopefully they found it to be of some use. :wink:

I started out making a Nuno doll as well. It turned out okay, but they must be handled with care, since they need a stretchy and lightweight stocking-type fabric outer skin, which tends to fall apart, at least my first efforts did.

Anyway, I ended up abandoning that method and drawing my own pattern for more heavy duty fabric--which started out as a Frankenstein of ideas, but went through enough mods that it is 99% my own creation.

I like the less cartoonish look as well. I like to use inexpensive round teddy bear type eyes and modify them.

It's interesting how often people search for sexy items on Etsy (which are allowed, as long as the listing is tastefully done). It would actually be a good place to sell handmade dolls of any type, as long as they are individually made which is what it's all about.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

When looking at the Nuno Doll, my main concern was the doll falling apart. I did go ahead and print out that pattern for a sort of 'starting point', pattern wise. I've got an older book that teaches some cloth doll techniques. However, I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

Like everything else, this is obviously going to be trial and error. First, I'll be doing some designing and then making my own pattern.

INFORMATIONS