Got an idea? Need an invention?
ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Quick Change Head Adapter

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

Dang I didn't mean to start something
and didn't think this would be a copyright issue
I was just curious if in the end it would be cheaper or the same price as Indigo20's connectors.

ILoveCoffee

Post by ILoveCoffee »

carlys_guy wrote:since he is stealing indigos product he should be banned from the site and sued. he sure isn't very smart to do it here on TDF.
this thread should be deleted as soon as possible and not so honestj should appoligise to indigo20.

carlys_guy
Not only that, but he is just showing off. Besides, what he has already shown exposes two critical flaws that will not allow it to work properly. I will not share what they are, but I am sure that any competent engineer or machinist would see them easily.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Coffee
  • Sanae
  • RLSD 140 D
  • #33 Head
  • Brown MannequinFan Eyes (or Deep Blue or Deep Green or Light Green or "Mia" Green or Light Blue)
  • Auburn Hair (#10), but several more wigs
  • Medium Skin Tone
  • French Manicure Nails
  • Stand up Feet w/ MF screw caps
Visit Sanae's Doll Album at http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14809
Proud member of the Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force since 2017.

honestj
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by honestj »

To begin with, I just an individual. I am not a business and while my shop is fairly well equipped, it is just a hobby shop in my garage, at my house. I found TDF because of my interest in dolls, not for any other reason. Before I joined the site, I did a lot of research and decided to purchase a doll from a TDF approved vendor. I sent an email asking some general questions and pricing information to the TDF vendor I thought had the best website with the most information on it. I waited a week and when I didn’t get a reply, resent the email. At this time, I also sent an email to a second approved vendor that was very well spoken of on TDF. I waited another week and still had not received a reply from either of the TDF approved vendors. I sent a second email to the vender with the good reputation. I waited another 4-5 days and still hadn’t heard back from either of my first 2 choices, so I sent my email to 3 more vendors. This time I heard back from 2 of the vendors the next day, both of which did a great job answering my questions. Within a couple of days, I ordered my doll. So, I contacted 5 different TDF approved vendors and heard back from 2.

Once I received my doll, I started a thread and posted pictures. I bought a few accessories, some from individuals on this site. I mentioned them in my thread and that I was going to make a Quick-Change adapter for my doll. I received some emails and there were also some comments in the thread made about price, availability and correspondence. After reading the requests, concerns and comments, it sounds like there is an unfilled demand.

I have not sold any adapters and I haven’t decided yet if I want to pursue it. I did send a member an adapter I made, but I didn’t sell it to him. I sent it to him no charge, even though he offered to pay for it.

In another thread, a member mentioned that he had a homemade magnetic adapter. So, I started this thread on how I made the adapter in the inventor’s corner section. When I looked through this section of the site, I found all kinds of neat stuff being made and thought that maybe some of the people that posted in this section might be interested. A few people posted comments in this thread that sounded positive and I thought that at least some were interested. I plan on continuing to post more unless a moderator tells me different.

There is no doubt that Indigo thought of this idea. I have never met or talked to the man, but from what I have read on this forum, he appears to be an intelligent person and passionate about his products. I posted a picture in another thread that was similar to a picture he posted and that was kinda being a jerk. I apologize for that Indigo, I’m sorry.

I don’t think I have posted anything that is copyright protected, if I have please let me know and I will remove it. There are no patents involved with this. If an item does not have a patent, anyone can make the item and sell it. Almost everything made, has more than one company making it and selling it. Supply/demand, competitive pricing and customer service are just a few of the things that can direct sales.

People do things many ways and some ideas may take longer or could be more difficult to make. I use magnets in my garage all the time for different things and keep many sizes and strengths in my toolbox. I just made a ring light for the mill a couple of days ago and used neodymium magnets in the design. Using a magnet for something like this adapter was not foreign to me.

I didn’t have access to Indigo’s development work. I just measured the original connector, the depth of the neck and head threads, sketched it out on a sheet of paper, ordered a couple of different strength of magnets and made the parts. Our parts are not identical.

honestj
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by honestj »

“what he has already shown exposes two critical flaws that will not allow it to work properly.”

On the internet, everyone has their own opinion. Over the years, I have made many high-tech, complicated items in my home garage, but this adapter is not one of them. I know that this is an oversimplification but, one part is basically a bolt, without the head, with a hole drilled through it and a magnet in the end. The other part is basically a bolt with the threads turned down on part of it so that it slides into the other piece. There are not any critical flaws in the parts I have made and I happy to say that the adapter I made for my doll works flawlessly.

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

@ honestj:

Thank you for your response.

Due to the facts, which I'm showing inside my answer, I must judge your answer very critically.

Evidence situation #1:

Source:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p1075288

You made a post on March 27 showing this picture:
Evidence #1 March 27.jpg
Evidence #1 March 27.jpg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 523 times
As you can see there is a felt washer sticked to the bottom of the doll's head and the top section of the connector has a rubber O-ring.
The usage of both items in your picture shows me that you have downloaded my manual for the connector or red articles introducing my connector, because both items are described there as a braking system for the doll's head.

What you did is an exact copy of it.

Evidence situation #2:

Source:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1075491
honestj wrote:Thanks coolumbia. I’m just doing this from my home. But, if there is enough interest, anything is possible. :lol: :lol:
Your answer to coolumbia shows your possible intension to do business with the connector you made.

Evidence situation #3:

Source:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p1081872
Evidence #3 April 10.jpg
Evidence #3 April 10.jpg (68.1 KiB) Viewed 523 times
I posted the picture on April 10 with an answer to forum member "JunkGuy", because he mentioned, that he has problems with the size of the original neck bolt and the connector from forum member "honestj".
Because of such situations with tolerances in thread depth, especially with older doll heads, I produced shorter top sections.

Source:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p1086330
Evidence #4 April 18.JPG
Evidence #4 April 18.JPG (49.04 KiB) Viewed 523 times
This picture from forum member "honestj" appeared 8 days later, on April 18, as response to my picture.

As you can see on the picture, the amount of connector sections, O-Rings, magnets and especially the situation that there are exact 2 shorter top connectors are on the picture is showing, that forum member "honestj" is able to produce more connectors and that he reacted to the situation of possible shorter thread depths in doll heads.

That is an evidence of following and copying my development steps for demonstrating, that forum member "honestj" is able to do the same.

Evidence situation #4:

Source:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p1092318

That is the answer from forum member "honestj".
honestj wrote:I don’t think I have posted anything that is copyright protected, if I have please let me know and I will remove it. There are no patents involved with this.
That shows, that forum member "honestj" made a research on the internet for a possible patent of the magnetic connector with the intension to do business with his product.

And for doing this he is using the same platform "TDF", the source from the original product.

In addition he is using the subforum "Inventors corner", which brings me to the question:
"Where is the invention ?"

The product is only different because of a slit for a screwdriver.

All other components, measurements, connecting mechanism via magnet and head braking system of the product are equal to the original.

And he is following the development work from the manufacturer from the original product (shorter top sections) because of necessary customer support, just by identical copying.

------------------------------------------------

This all brings me to the question why are not copying other developments from TDF forum members.

Let's copy the magnetic eye ball system from MannequinFan, with eye balls just 1mm smaller in diameter.
Or let's do it with the Teeth & Tounge set from vonRubber, and our tounge is a bit different in color, or let's use the new neck mechanism from CrazyCajun and we are just adding one small washer to it.

If we all would have to protect our inventions with patents, our products would be so much more expensive and nobody would buy it.

That is the death for inventions for the community.

------------------------------------------------

My product has no patent.
But my manuals, and even excerpts out of the manual, are copyright protected.
There is no need for the © sign.

I defend my original product at all costs.

honestj, I think you know what that means.

Tomoe
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tomoe »

OP just made an adapter for himself as a DIY project. He's not mass-producing or selling these and not trying to compete with anyone in any way. I don't see a problem tbh. If he was profiting off of it and taking business away from Indigo, that'd be a different story.
My dolls:
Emilia DS 145 Elf
Angelica 165 cm anime fabric doll with silicone head

Previously owned dolls:
Katherine WM 135 cm
Miyuki 160 cm Anime fabric

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

It seems to appear that honestj tries to copy Indigo20's invention with the intention to sell them in a professional way. Due to the fact that I fully understand that this is an infringement of an other member's development I decided to lock this thread to protect Indigo20 as he's the inventor/developer of this item.

- SF -

INFORMATIONS