Starpery.com

Silicone Dolls without Skeleton - Opinions?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Silicone Dolls without Skeleton - Opinions?

Post by rubherkitty »

samara78 wrote:You n4leed to use a thick cord covered with foam, then put in the mold. I would to test one out for you george.
You may have something there. Maybe take the round bungee cord that has the woven cover and use them as single up to multiple cords bundled. 5 cords bundled for a spine, 4 cords bundled for thigh bones, etc. Don't know if this could be done w/ TPE though.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by manobon »

I think a life-size Platinum Silicone doll without a skeleton would be interesting - or maybe with all these foam core/intertwining cord options people are suggesting.

It absolutely would be more for sex than modeling, but still a lot of fun!

The only similar-in-function option I can think of is RealDoll's Female Deluxe Torso, but that starts at $2500, has no arms, etc.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. It seems like most people are looking positively at it.
I already created several molds for our upcoming regular dolls, but i might use a taller size for this experiment.

There will still be a bone-type ABS structure, and avoiding pokes can easily be achieved with harder silicone at "critical" places - something I already included for our regular dolls. I came up with "layering" silicone in different hardnesses and it seems to work out quite well so far.

Stay tuned, we will announce production and demonstrate prototypes within this year.

George
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by manobon »

Would these be Platinum Silicone or TPE? (I wasn't sure if you were using 'silicone' interchangeably)

Also, any chance of that jaw system you were working on before being a part of this as well?

mysto

Post by mysto »

I also love the idea, the cord or rope idea seems good.
“The mind that opens to a new idea never returns to its original size.”
― Albert Einstein

jsai
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jsai »

I guess the issue is the forearms and lower limbs would spin like a helicopter

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

limbs would spin like a helicopter
I dont think so. With a blowup doll for examle you do get the back swaying and arms swinging easily but not completely freely. This can make it seem like you got a 'live one' but wiggly in a human lively way. The substance, though only air and vinyl, restricts or shapes movement somnewhat, helping along illusions. Not jello squids, its definitely an airbabe.

pastydude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pastydude »

xsdolls wrote: There will still be a bone-type ABS structure

George
My Kelu doll from VRD has something like this. It seems to be a plastic type skeleton, but doesn't hold a pose. It works great at the small mini doll size. Probably would want to go with a bit firmer pour on this?

jblock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jblock »

The old MLD offered a "flexi-spine" as an option for its 42" model. None of the joints hold a pose, and the spine bends in all directions very realistically. I believe the "bones" are pvc and held together with some bungee material as is being discussed here. Not sure what the joints look like though but this system offered very realistic movement.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

You may not have realised but this is an eighteen month old thread and xsdolls is no more unfortunately.

INFORMATIONS