Starpery.com

Painting a Vinyl/Silicone (orwhatever) Inflatable?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Painting a Vinyl/Silicone (orwhatever) Inflatable?

Post by Elzevir »

Is it possible to repaint a vinyl inflatable like the ones 1am sells? I have a few of them and I was toying with the idea of maybe trying to change one or two to have different skin colors. What kind of paint would one use and go about doing this? Thank you in advance.
Attachments
tara-002.jpg
tara-002.jpg (323.8 KiB) Viewed 2116 times

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Painting a Vinyl/Silicone (orwhatever) Inflatable?

Post by timetraveler1 »

I and fabian and a few others have painted on make up ( eye shadow ) using model car paint thinned with thinner . but i don't know about a whole doll if anyone has changed the color any way .

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

If you decide to go ahead with this project, please let us know how it goes as it will be a first as far as I know.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Elzevir »

Well, that is a bit surprising that no one has attempted this before. I was thinking a method similar to that of homemade tried way back. The silicone and acrylic paint mixture with some thinner. That's my first thought to making a flexible but permanent paint that's safe. But since these are uncharted waters, I have no idea if it'll work.

kev55
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kev55 »

Hi, Don't know if this helps, but I was using silicone, tinted with acrylic paint and thinned with acetone to try to modify the shape of the very same style doll, but the mix didn't stick, and left a red stain on the pvc that doesn't come off, maybe acrylic paint thinned with acetone, left to dry and then removed, might work. Kev.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I'm sure there is someone out there who has tried this before, but the project has never been posted to TDF. Back in the inflatable doll age, TDF either didn't exist or very few people knew about TDF, so this kind of project may never have been posted. Today, inflatable dolls have lost some of their popularity versus other doll types, so there has been little discussion about personal projects to improve one's inflatable doll. It is too bad as there are still a lot of great inflatable dolls available, and you can always stuff them with polyfill when the develop an un-repairable air leak.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Elzevir »

Sorry for the extended absence, real life caught up and all of that. But however, kev55's idea is actually quite brilliant! I will be trying that in the near future and let you know the results on some spare parts I have from cheap inflatables I purchased.

INFORMATIONS