Starpery.com

Giving TPE girl a tan

Got an idea? Need an invention?
buttoncock

Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by buttoncock »

So, I've done a lot of research....I have tried airbrushing fabric dye. It wipes off. I also tried tdf member ewoods coffee/tea/wine recipe, and it wipes off.

Im frustrated. A little money and a lot of time wasted here.

Ive read that I can use smooth on silicone paint on TPE....others says it won't work.

What are my options here?

My girl is too pasty and I want to give her a golden glow with tan lines.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by MannequinFan »

buttoncock wrote:Ive read that I can use smooth on silicone paint on TPE....others says it won't work.
I don't think TPE and silicone are compatible. I've heard that TPE toys will melt if in contact with silicone for an extended period of time.
My only experience with coloring TPE was to use a powder makeup which works nice, but will eventually wear off and will wash off easily.

So you can't get dye to stain the TPE? Sure your doll is TPE and not silicone?

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Yes, I'm certain she is TPE. I read one of the members used cream makeup on his TPE dolls hands/feet to make them look more realistic.
I'm just looking for a more permanent solution. I know there's a way to paint the TPE. I mean, the makers paint their faces after the mold is cast.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

buttoncock wrote:Yes, I'm certain she is TPE. I read one of the members used cream makeup on his TPE dolls hands/feet to make them look more realistic.
I'm just looking for a more permanent solution. I know there's a way to paint the TPE. I mean, the makers paint their faces after the mold is cast.
The TPE paint they use does not last very long either. You can't find any of it on my 1 year old TPE doll.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Well...I know, but it doesn't rub off with the stroke of a finger like the methods I have tried so far. :(

Pygmalion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Pygmalion »

It's very hard to paint on this material, especially if it's based on polyolefin. It's a bit more simple if it's based on polyester.
The problem is that for the best results the surface should be prepared, chemically or with the heat, or at least with a primer, and an elastic paint must be used. I would use a polyurethane paint or a vinyl coat, sprayed in a thin layer, but it's not a thing that I would suggest to everyone. One can't mess with an expensive doll.
I prefer to not have a signature, it's so hard to write words that don't offend anyone. Wait a minute, this is a signature! Gee, I hope nobody will be offended...

cy_xander

Post by cy_xander »

buttoncock wrote:So, I've done a lot of research....I have tried airbrushing fabric dye. It wipes off. ...

My girl is too pasty and I want to give her a golden glow with tan lines.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
A bit ironic, and frustrating - leave dark clothing on a TPE doll for 10 minutes and it stains, yet you can't get it to intentionally take a color.

hmm ... perhaps you could give her a tan simply by dressing her in a white bikini (for the tan lines), and then dressing her in tan colored clothing, and leaver her dressed that way over night. Repeat until the desired color is achieved.

I'm only being 1/2 sarcastic. At first I was joking, but then started to think that might actually work. When you look closely at stains from dark clothing, it doesn't even appear to be on the surface, but permeating the first mm of the material.
Amber
AmberImage

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

Hey: cy_xander the problem with using the clothing to stain as desired is to get it to stain evenly. Ever saw clothing stains that were spread evenly over the areas that it came in contact with. I have heard of people putting a little cocoa in with their cornstarch to create the illusion of a tan, but have not tried it and from what I hear it has to be redone on a regular basis and evenness is a problem with that method as well!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

I think I'm going to try a spray can "airbrush make-up" tan kit and see what happens. I know it won't be permanent, but at this point...im just looking for a stain that won't rub off from any sort of touch.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

buttoncock, no one mentioned on here , their was a person in the past that actually used tea to stain the dolls body to give it a tan look , either you can look for the story on here or maybe a admin can post the link to it. it even showed pictures . i don't know if that member is still on here or not and how long that the tea stained the body .

I have been talking to different doll companies and trying to get them to come up with actually white bikini lines on tanned bodies , in a sense just the opposite , but they have a problem doing the white bikini lines to . anyway maybe someone can show you the link on this . :D

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Time traveler,
I did see that. Ewood is who did that. I tried his recipe and it didn't work...just rubbed off. Sure, she looked nice and golden....tan lines and all, until I touched her.
I sent Ewood pm, but no reply.

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

Dye the doll.

Find a TPE piece that matches your doll, and experiment dipping it to get your ideal color. Then find a bath tub where you can dip your doll to get a nice uniform surface. It should fade over time.

I don't know about tan lines. You can try those instant tan spray cans.

I would play with the cans. She could be a girl that likes to go to tanning booths.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

bootylover, I think Im going to tape off a square on the back of her head and try that. There are several different formulas of TPE, so what might work on one might not be as effective on the other and vice versa.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I suggested the cream based makeup at one point. It may work. Or you could soak her in tan colored liquid clothing dye called rit. Good luck.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

samara, I already tried fabric dye. It came right off. Which, doesn't make sense because I have had her in a black/pink lingerie piece for a few days to see if it would stain and it has....dark stains from shoulder straps that don't wipe away from my finger. I may not have left the dye on her long enough. Maybe I didn't heat her up enough.
IDK. Im going to try this airbrush tan leg makeup in an aerosol can. I will do several coats. If it doesn't work, I will try the fabric dye again and heat her up better and leave it on for longer.

INFORMATIONS