Starpery.com

Storage and Concealing

Got an idea? Need an invention?
iowacharlie

Storage and Concealing

Post by iowacharlie »

I am considering buying my first doll. My only dilema is I have limited space and privacy. I wanted to know what other member use to hide there dolls in simular situation. I am considering having a hiding space built or customizing some furniture. Has anyone done anything like this before or have any experience dealing with a simular situation?

Fruithead
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fruithead »

I will be in this situation when my doll arrives. One place I have thought of is inside my bed base as it is a double divan and I should be able to take the drawers out and get her in. Or there's the loft, or on top of the wardrobe. I think in the end I will settle for inside the wardrobe. If someone finds her there, they would be guilty of rifleing through my things!

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

I can tell you from expierience that Inflatable dolls are better and easier to conceal. Bow them up when needed and deflate them when not using them. For me, I inflate mine when i can use her then deflate her and keep her in a small duffle bag . Also try travel sized dolls.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Storage and Concealing

Post by phillip57 »

iowacharlie wrote:I am considering buying my first doll. My only dilema is I have limited space and privacy. I wanted to know what other member use to hide there dolls in simular situation. I am considering having a hiding space built or customizing some furniture. Has anyone done anything like this before or have any experience dealing with a simular situation?
A life size silicone girl will be difficult to conceal... they are harder to move around than you realize, subject to gouging, tearing, and otherwise roughing up her soft exterior. Read up on the back log of posts before making your purchase!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I'm putting a custom made bracket in my closet. No one goes in there, and as it has a regular door I can even add a locking door handle if necessary. Which it probably won't be.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

iowacharlie

Post by iowacharlie »

Thanks everyone for your input. I am wondering if there is anything on the market designed to hide the doll. Has anyone ever designed any kind of secret rooms or panels on existing furniture such as a cabinet or bed?

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

Look back through the forms can't remember where I seen someone had made a bed with two slide outs.
They were concealed to look like the frame of the bed.
You would have not known they were there.
My best guess would be in inventors corner to start your look.

Sincerely JM :D :wink:

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

Artist 69 made this.

Artist69 album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10706

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi iowacharlie.

I remember reading several years ago (not on TDF) about someone who had a room for his dolls and the only way in was through a secret door in the back of his wardrobe (closet).

Sounded like some major building work to me, I think it would be very difficult to hide house alterations like this from anyone who lived in the house with you.

Vickylover.

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

Was that our Bill's Victoria's Closet?

iowacharlie

Post by iowacharlie »

Thanks again all, thanks MG4, that bed was just what I had in mind. I will browse through some of the older posts and look for more information.

f80man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by f80man »

You could find a lot of beds like Artist69s at most of the waterbed stores at one time, I dont know if they are still around or not. If you dont like a waterbed you can just buy the frame.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for Monks.

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

I jacked up my bed, replaced the box springs with 1x4's, and built a trundle-bed type box to hold my silicone beauties. It doesn't really "hide" them, but unless someone goes into my room, pulls out the trundle, and removes the cover sheet they can't see them. I keep my TeddyBabes on the bed or in an armoire.

If I get really motivated (doubtful), I'll build a locking armoire for all of my dolls. I would probably use a rolling wire rack for the frame. I doubt it will look as nice as Artist69's, but at will work.
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi everyone
NamRepaid wrote:Was that our Bill's Victoria's Closet?
Yes it was called Victoria's Closet but I didn't realize that it was Bill's. Is the story still around :?: It was quite a few years ago that I read it.

Vickylover.

Unknown138
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Unknown138 »

I am constructing a large speaker cabinet. I play bass in a band, and having a large speaker cabinet lying around is not unusual in my house. I have hidden my inflatable doll in my practice amp for a while now. My wife suspects nothing.

My custom cabinet will basically look like this on the outside...

Not EXACTLY like this, but similar. I will post pics when it is done.

It will measure 60" tall by 24" wide by 20" deep. The back of it will be a key locked, hinged door. Inside, it will have a system of padded PVC pipes and a bicycle seat that will suppor the doll. Along the sides will be a series of spaces large enough to hold Eagle Creek Pack-It cubes full of the doll's clothes.

These will be held in place by bungie cords. By the measurements I have, I should be able to fit 12 of these in the cabinet with the doll, with room to spare for extra heads, shoes, etc.

If needed, someone could actually incorporate a small practice amp into the cabinet to make it functional without losing too much space. I don't need to do this, because my wife at least understands the difference between a cabinet and an amp (a cab is just speakers...requires a head. An amp is usually both either combined or seperately connected)

Regardless. I am constructing this out of materials available on Ebay and several pieces of wood from Lowe's. Total cost of it is less than $150. It fits nicely into a closet, and is something I can explain if I have to.

For those that don't play an instrument, you can always call it stereo equipment :)

INFORMATIONS