Starpery.com

Interactive head for a doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Interactive head for a doll

Post by Jerry »

I know a bunch of you were wondering how to make an interactive head for a doll. There is a toy out there from Wowee Toys that is interesting to look at. It is an Elvis head that talks, sings, and moves around.

One person is hacking it to make it look like the terminator... but I was thinking... this is a skull with all sorts of motion and drivers... with the right skin on it, you could make a female head from it.

Anyway... I thought I would post the link so you could take a look for yourself to get some ideas... if nothing else... it will show you how complex such a task is.

http://www.instructables.com/id/WowWees ... r-Project/

Could be an interesting project for the right person.
Jerry
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

hi jerry very good find , i know that when i posted that instructable site thay have many cool things that people have done . to me if someone can even just have it set up for ac/dc would be good maybe it is already that way if the elvis face skin was nice enough looking why not put make up on it lipstick etc. change eye color take off hair and put a new womens wig on him (now a her ) if a input wire could be connected that is like on the animated santa claus you could have a animated head that could plug into an a.i. system like what i have . :)
some people have used the animated santa claus pliugged the input wire from their p.c and our a.i. hal comes through and moves the santa cluase body animated . :)

sactojoe

Post by sactojoe »

That is so cool!
I haven't done any robotics programming myself, but ever since I read Asimov in high school I have found it fascinating.
Other sites that I have seen offer robotic facial parts that are incredibly expensive. They are basically one-offs made by researchers to make extra money. So to find a whole head with limited movements for less than $500 is amazing.
I'm tempted to get it and the male realdoll torso and make some sort of hybrid. I just wish they still had the Elvis for $99 - I would get two! :D

pianokeyjoe2009

Re: Interactive head for a doll

Post by pianokeyjoe2009 »

I have found this elvis animatronic head in ebay. It is around $300 give or take. Some joker is selling it for $5200 without the elvis face as a pro animatronic head! Anybody here have experiance using this? This is exactly my project but using a premium silicone mask and custom made oral sex mouth internals.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I have been on TDF pretty consistent for about 2 yrs now and have seen no adaption of the Elvis head to a doll yet. Wish they had made a female version like Marilyn Monroe or Raquel Welch, etc.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

I think this idea was tried once and never again repeated.
If I remember, it didn't turn out too good...

:lol:

Sorry for that image, I couldn't help myself. :D

pianokeyjoe2009

I have checked the instructables.com on the elvisanator and found out the bust face is made of SILICONE like on pro face masks and so it is quite possible to remove the face and even alter or touch it up to taste, in order to make it female and more robust around the thin lips. I decided to bid on some on ebay to get cracking! My original interactive oral head project calls for a pro silicone mask with all the subtle facial details of a real human(veins,temples,double chin sag,jowls,wrinkles,folds,pores,fine hair follicles on the face and slight upper lip hair),the more defined PVC human skull replica that has true deep temples,eye sockets with eyebrow ridges and so on,realistic mouth with tongue,hard teeth,hinged jaw,and inner throat. The animatronics portion was to be a last option kid of thing,like an after thought since I want to make this as a more realistic version of a real doll oral head. When i saw this post and I then saw the youtube vids on this Elvis bust which I have seen before but never gave any importance to,I knew my project would take on a whole new turn for the better! Thanks guys for posting and when I get my parts together and take pics, I will post them.If I am allowed to that is, I still do not know how to upload pics here yet.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Great. Hope your able to do it.
I see no reason it's not possible to make a new face for it. I have a interest in this as well. Just lack the time and $ ATM to take on the project.

I think the biggest hurdle for me would be to change the voice as I don't know jack about electronics. I'm sure there are people out there who can do it though.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

pianokeyjoe2009

Amen! LOL! The voice.. That is funny. I did not even think about that yet. I do know the unit has a proprietary card with preprogrammed voice singing,etc. But some folks out there did change that and found out it is a standard SD flash card just direct wired to make it hard for us to upgrade or change lest we know what it truly is. Yes the money is a hurdle lol! I am there too, but I am saving and prioritizing on the project so I can get the bits and parts to then go to town.

RoadRoller

Post by RoadRoller »

I remember seeing this animatronic Elvis head a lot of time ago; WooWee built many other different animatronics, I also recall a series of animals (the chimp was actually quite funny).
I love robotics but honestly I have never tried to work with it seriously. Looking at how this animatronic is made, I hardly think it will ever be a good starting point: there are too many boards, too many circuitry and components, the motors look like the cheap stock Mini4WD engines and the work required to modify the whole thing seems quite intensive.
I kinda think it would be a lot easier to buy some servo motors from eBay (there are some good prices around), link everything to an easy to use board like Arduino, Raspberry PI or similar (they are also a lot faster to learn and to program), stick everything into a structure made of a light material (like plywood, or even better, 3D printed PLA or ABS), and in the end cover it with a silicon face, or whatever it's better. I'd honestly go for this way... :)
- DollAutomation.com -
A NSFW collection of seemingly living dolls, figures, sexbots and things.

pianokeyjoe2009

Hi RoadRoller and welcome to TDF! Well I did notice and look at all the boards and cheap parts in the unit. It is made in China after all lol! But the over all cost and simplicity of what I want it to do,is on my mind as the time gets closer for me to get my wow wee in the mail. The boards..Well I thought of moving all the boards to the bust base by removing the built in speakers and power supply/amp to an external box instead and thus take all the motor and head boards and put them in the base instead.

Since this is TDF and the many users here already know what we want these dolls for,I can freely speak.
For oral pleasure I have made a close observation. Physical facial details that attract me to a particular person is the first and foremost key. We are attracted to what we SEE first. In the act itself I have found out the movement of the TONGUE and cheeks makes or breaks the experience. The position and movement of the lips is secondary because the mouth held and shaped in the right position for you,will bring the pleasure just right. But like with real humans,not all of them are willing to WORK IT,so you end up having to do most of the work to GET THERE while being pleased with the mouth. So you have to rely on what you see to help bring you there,what she is doing with her lips,cheeks and TONGUE to send you over the top.

With a doll or oral head, you normally will not find them realistic or hyper realistic like a real human with veins,wrinkles,double chin(even baby fat),hair,etc. Also,there is no animation or movement of the TONGUE or CHEEKS or LIPS. So they are basically permanently formed static sculptures made of some kind of rubber or plastic.

Now in 2014 enter ANIMATED human replicas! But whoa whoa wait a minute! No sexbot??! NO! Not yet... psssshh posshh! So what is a oral sex fan to do? When a real woman is not available and you have time and some money to find an alternative? Creativity,determination and resourcefulness is what!

Enter SILICONE MASKS, FX props, and cheap animated head toys! And lets not forget the teeth! Yep, I know most THINK they do not like the teeth(ouch right?). Well not so fast.. The teeth help to hold in place while the other mouth parts work it. And because it would be like a real human to have hard teeth(smoothed down but hard),it is a subtle nuance that you will notice missing in most dolls and heads and will miss even if it is not directly apparent at the moment.

So for sex,the movements need only be simple and minute but VERY important for the best more real sensation of a real human pleasing you.. Minor tongue movements,minor lips movement,minor to no cheek movements(but thin enough to allow CHEEKING between the teeth and cheek). And of coarse jaw movements.

The movements are:
Jaw:rest shut,down,slight right,slight left
Cheeks:rested,sink in,pop out
Lips:rest shut,pocker out,curl in,pull mouth ends forwards(say O!),pull mouth ends back in(CREAMY SMILE!) :P
TONGUE:Rested,rested puffed up(this is the more natural way when we breath with the nose only),forward,back,left,right,up,out and combination(swirl)! The last is what is employed to make the pleasure more intense and GET you there!

The movements of the Lips and cheeks,we as doll and oral head users can live without for now.
The jaw and especially TONGUE movements how ever...A MUST!! Trust me,a must.

Maybe the wowwee toy will not be exactly what is needed for most of the desired movements of the mouth as is,but with some careful tinkering, you can do most of those movements using this cheap toy(not so cheap at $300). The addition of a silicone animated TONGUE will be the most challenging but not impossible.

The movements of the tongue would only have to be minimal,not exaggerated so it is not so far off to add a servo with a reciprocating worm gear? to cause the tongue to go side to side,back and forward(rubbing you),and a little up,then rested,etc. A even more minimal movement is as you work it, the tongue puffs UP,and moves slightly side to side in the mouth.

Where there is a desire and will,there is a way! I will not accept NO for an answer..

I am under the sneaking suspicion that most of the animations of the elvis head can be eliminated and redirected to the mouth,for our use and purposes. That would eliminate alot of the parts inside especially if you DO replace the cheap motors and gears with servos.

Now onto the CPU or manual controls. I am not privy to Arduino yet.It seems very confusing as I do not know where to start with that yet. But from what I have seen as end products,Arduino is a very nice option and you can make alot of movements,articulations and even vocal sound speech and articulations. Sounds like alot of code programming in BASIC in DOS.. I am a GUI audio visual kind of guy myself so I may get hung up in the text only programming part. But if simple movements also bring simple code programming,I am game!

Raspberry PI seems to be a actual computer system board with Linux OS. That may be an easier option and possibly cheaper since less parts will be required to achieve the same end result as a arduino? And the Linux is now GUI based!

Manual operation: Get a old joystick with smooth operation(old tandy variable pots kind) or a usb kind like MS game stick which uses opto interrupters like a mouse. If you have some electronics background,you can attach the stick to the servos and either a PWM board or just use it direct to PULSE the servos to get the desired results(talk about interactive BJs!)
I will experiment and tinker with one of the 2 units I am buying and I will post my best results.

Robosuck move over!

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

link for your diy project
http://www.frightprops.com/talking-skul ... ement.html
check their videos futher down the above linked page...

pianokeyjoe2009

See!? this is what I mean! Collaboration and leads and advice! This is why I love this forum! Thankyou r363b! While that puppy is a bit high in cost it is more what I needing for the base animation for the oral head. I need to chek the youtubes to see inside and see what limitations I will face with the mouth.. Koodos!

pianokeyjoe2009

Well... I am speechless. I checked out the talking skull gen 3 and I am stupified! I spent money on the wrong thing..oops! Well I am glad I can resell the Elvises. As for the talking skull,wow I need 3 of these and that will not be cheap! If anyone has a lead on these used for LESS than $350USD,let me know I need 3. Thanks again r363b! You just helped cut my work load in half!.

Observations on THIS product:
Looks like a real life size human skull with hard teeth built in,real temples,cleft chin,eyebrow ridges,nose bridge and..... SAY AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! A completely unobstructed mouth area! I could dance a happy dance right now!. The mechs are very tight and well placed on ONE board insert with a tiny computer board that is self contained also mounted on the same board as the mech. I saw that you can remove the computer module and just extend the servo wire leads from it so the pico controller computer can sit in a BUST instead of the head? NO skull cap seam! YEY! The skull comes apart from the back with only a none noticable seam on the sides behind the ears section. Only 2 screws to hold that in place and only 2 screws to hold the mech/cpu board in place inside. The eyes come off way easy to add leds(in my case,pinhole color ccd cameras),and dare I say,I could recast and mold the eyeballs into silicone with the plastic part fused to it so the outside of the eyes FEEL like real human eyes which are soft and squishy not hard ;). The mouth and jaw: The jaw is hinged naturally where it is supposed to be on a real human. The mouth has nothing obstructing it inside. The jaw/chin has nothing obstructing it either. You CAN put in a ready made RD2 or BT3 oral insert or even buy an older RD1 with full face/mouth and put it on this skull.
Sound source is the key to animation here! So ok,maybe not as complex as programming in basic code for arduino or linux in raspberry pi board but.. Dust off your copy of audacity or Soundforge audio editing app and get to recording and editing wave to mp3 files! For the right mouth movements you will need to program the cpu of this by the instructions on the site that sells it but also you will need to record or edit sound files than will cause the mouth to move or hold a position just the way you want for the oral pleasure intended. Not as hard as code programming at least but you will spend time on the PC with this.

Personally, I have only started to delve into all this human replica stuff as of late due to my disenchantment with my now exgirlfriend, so it is fresh and new to me. I am learning more and more everyday and more so now with TDF! I will say the desire for a human replica HEAD with all the hyper real details like I like was a fantasy and dream back in 1999 shortly after I saw the Howard Stern show on REAL DOLL! 15 years later..viola!

Ok,some may have noticed from their own dolls/heads that a lifesized skull and a silicone mask may not jive without some EXTRA PADDING. You are right. The human skull has muscles and such to thicken and weigh it down more and a silicone mask or doll face is too thin or too thick without help. Since I own a mask and not a doll, I will give my advice for that

Add a skull cap winter mask(simple thick cloth ones,and padding of cloth to the skull help by some temporary method so you can remove later. Now carefully slip your full head mask over the skull and position the mouth and eyes till it looks about right where you want them. Feel the skull,temples,etc, for too hollow a spots. Mark those areas on a paper drawing for thickening later. Remove the mask and with your notes and referances start to make silicone(really soft silicone)padding in the right areas of your skull so you can fill in your mask when it is put back on. Refer to human skull/face muscles diagrams to see where to best add silicone muscle mass and filler.

The oral insert installation will be a little tricky but not too tricky. Why? The top of the insert made by Abyss or BoyToys is thick and rounded on top to fit a ROUND HOLE in their skulls! Hardly a direct adaptation to a human skull mouth roof. The biggest concern is to thin down or remove the front top of the oral insert and just coat the skull's mouth roof with thin same colored silicone(plat cure please). You want to keep the back of the mouth and the rest of the insert with tongue and throat intact for obvious copious acts. The oral inserts come with fake silicone teeth..you have to cut those teeth OFF. Carefully cut the lower front of the insert where the teeth are and shape it to the inside of the lower jaw(you should have remove the top front portion already as per my instructions).
You should now have a RD2 or BT3 oral insert that is missing lower teeth but all the lower parts like tongue and throat are intact. The only upper section left should be just after the soft palette where the throat is beginning.
Look at the skull mouth roof and you will know more or less where to cut. Please think,draft, and ponder all this BEFORE YOU CUT! the oral insert is $200 and only sold to existing doll owners so for me that will be tricky to get one.

The tongue animation is the only DIY animation that may be worth doing here since this skull does not have built in lip animation for lip curls and puckers like the Elvis might.

Again I want to post pics but Seems I cant just upload from my PC to TDF, I have to have a webhosting site with my pics, so bare with me as I do not like the CLOUD idea when it comes to my files. But.. I will figure it out and post here when I do.

Now to raise more funds to buy those skulls, and oral inserts,some how lol!

Happy sexbot building!

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Your welcome pianokeyjoe2009 and I look forward in following your project ... I will continue to look for helpful info as you move along to the first true "Interactive head for a doll"

when you purchase and receive the TALKING SKULL from frightprops.com ... I suggest you start your own New Topic thread posting ... a new thread for your project with pics and mods

INFORMATIONS