NEW, EYEBROW KITS AVAILABLE!!!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

Hi everyone,
by popular demand, I have designed a new eyebrow kit to be applied on silicone dolls.
These eyebrows are fine human hair "hand-knotted" on an extremely fine lace, 20-D, this is the lace that is used for hair products used on movie sets.
The kit comes complete with full 8 page instructions, don't be scared... there a 21 color photos on these pages detailing the full installation along with a chart explaining the proper eyebrow location, more images than text.

for more information write to me:
guylouisxvi@yahoo.com

Ikyoto

Post by Ikyoto »

1 - outstanding work!
2 - have these been tested on a realdoll yet?
3 - are you offering them in various colors and "styles"?
4 - can you give a general price range here?

I'm asking here so that people can get a little more info. Not trying to cause problems.

MarkY

Post by MarkY »

Yes !!! Can't wait til it arrives. Thanks in advance Guy Loius-XVI !

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

Hi Ikyoto,
thank you.
no problem, to answer your questions...

2 - have these been tested on a realdoll yet?
No to be honest, but I've been using these types of eyebrows on my mannequins for years.
These kits are still new but some have already been sold, I'm waiting for the results to come in.
The finished eyebrow that you see is the result from the kit, this was applied on a "Platinum Base" silicone surface.
Like everything else, you have to be delicate so not to damage them, they don't "grow" back...

3 - are you offering them in various colors and "styles"?
There are 3 colors to chose from, light, med and dark; dark, standard, being the one in the photo, black and "red" could also be available.
Styles, standard and high-arched, with a deliver date of about 3-4 weeks or less.
The only difference for custom colors and style is the price and delivery time.

4 - can you give a general price range here?
They go for $150. US plus shipping, comes with everything needed along with very detailed instructions, the only thing not supplied is the press powder, there are too many skin tones to deal with.

take care,
Guy

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

Cool,
I'm gonna have to get one of those eventually. I just had to buy a new monitor for my computer. And it was about the price of one set of eyebrows. I'm sure they are going to be a hit.

A few questions though, is there some silicone glue included with the kit? Will it stick to Realdoll skin? I know the eyebrows on my doll have a few paint rubs.

Would you recommend removing the existing painted on eyebrows? And then applying the kit to the same area on the forehead?

Well anyways they look great. Keep up the great work. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

Hi Corben_99,
Thank you
yes, silicone is supplied. It's condestion/Acetoxy cure type silicone, also known as silicone sealer and adhesive.
This type of silicone bonds to almost anything (only silicone sticks to silicone), the only thing that would weaken or render the bond useless would be gease and oils.
Some silicone surfaces or component have silicone oils in them to make them soft and this is where the problem stands, but the new silicones today uses less oils so the "danger" is less.
The important part is in the preparation of the surface and I detail that in my instructions.
As for you question on removing the existing painted eyebrows, they would probably come off anyway during the surface preparation, they would also help to line-up you new brows.
I designed this kit to be as easy as possible and as effective as possible.
As I strongly state in the instructions, "...be patient and follow the steps...". One common problem is trying to work too fast, silicone has to fully cure to be effective.
Take care,
Guy

Ikyoto

Post by Ikyoto »

Given that I already told my wife that the overage i paid out is coming back, I wil have to wait a little while on this, but you can expect me to be a coustomer and at the LEAST encourage people to get them.

I've worked with the same grade of mesh and know what work doing hair is... (I hate doing beards!!!). Your quality is self evidant and, frankly, I'd be charging people more....

Thanks.

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

Hi Ikyoto,
I'm glad someone understands the work involved in creating these beauties and also designing a kit.
Yes, I could charge a lot more, but I would rather keep the price affordable so everyone could benefit, why be greedy... everyone profits in the long run.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Guy - Outstanding work!

The eyebrows that Matt puts on are a tinted silicone that is used as paint. They probably won't come off in the cleaning and prep process... but they won't do any harm either.

You can clean the surface with acetone to remove even the slightest amount of oil or grease... so this should really work well.

Jerry

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

Hi Jerry,
Thank you for the kind words, acetone would help, but it's very difficult even next to impossible to ship with the kit.
As for the painted eyebrows, I do use a similar technique for painting.
It would be best if most of the painted eyebrow would be removed, this way you would not have a "double" image of brows.
Since the posting, I received an overwhelming amount of e-mail inquiring about the eyebrows.
I wish to thank you again for inviting me to the Forum, if it wasn't for your kind gesture, I would not have ever know about this fine group.
Sincerely,
Guy

Thunderheart

Post by Thunderheart »

I will order my doll without the painted eyebrows then, and add these beauties afterward....
Very nice work Guy

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

Hi everyone,
this may help all of you.
This chart shows the Eyebrow styles and color that are available.
I've desing this chart to be used as a "cut-out" guide, simply print and cut the eyebrows and see which one looks best on the doll (hopefully the scale will remain close, that is why I added the width of the brows)

simply order by number and color...
Guy
guylouisxvi@yahoo.com

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Dropped my order in the mail this morning.
Bill

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Matt will work with those of you ordering dolls. If you oder these and have them shipped to Matt... I'm sure he will install them and not paint the eyebrows for you. I have heard of people ordering special eyes and/or wigs and having Matt use them.

Matt... comments?
Jerry

P.S. I'm sure that Mark would also do this for you.

fourmaki
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by fourmaki »

Many customers have asked for custome wigs, nails, eyes. We have several with natural eye brows. Just wach the durability her little face jamed up on the sheets. Replacements are no harder than lashes.

I persionaly perfer painted brows for some reason.

Mark

INFORMATIONS