Starpery.com

"Throwing my hat in the...Doll Building...ring."

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

Hi C.H., I guess I need to check this thread more often. :razz: Like most people, having a full time job with long hours, taking care of the house and keeping up with my health is full time work all on its own. :?

But yes, I am still working on this project and as I save money, I do put it into each phase of the doll building process.

One thing that I want to learn and soon I hope, is coloring silicones or polymers. More specifically intrinsic coloring to bring skin color to life. A great artist in the special make-up effects field based in Atlanta, Georgia will be training me in this type of art. I want to do this in October, but it will probably be in November because Halloween season is busy for him.

Toby_Sells is the artist who does this fantastic type of coloring as well as the rest of the whole creative process in creating creatures and characters.

I'm still working on building better inner molds to make the doll more efficient for cleaning, durability and easier access to each entrance of the doll.

Also, I'm snooping around for a web designer, which I have found recently. He lives in Poland. The guy is a genius and an artist in his own right when it comes to web designing.

I still have a few legal glitches to work out in order to "set up shop" in good ol' Georgia, but I'm slowly getting through each hurdle.

In any case, I'm getting there, but by the time I complete this venture, we'll probably have fully functional gynoids and androids greeting us at our front doors offering their "personal" services to us. 8O :lol:

It won't be that bad I hope. :P
"Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice." Zoetrope

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

Thanks for the update, sounds like you've got it all under control. :D I'm sure you'll enjoy learning about coloring silicone... I've done a fair amount of effects work myself. Mixing intrinsic colors isn't too difficult especially if you've done much painting but where it really gets interesting (I think) is accenting the surface of an intrinsic colored piece with other colored pigments to really bring out that extra level of realism. I haven't seen much of this in the doll industry which is a shame, it doesn't take a lot of time and can make a plain piece of rubber look so alive.

Jimbo1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jimbo1 »

itsme wrote:
starion wrote:With what I see it would seem to me like he is basically skinning an android to simulate a female. Whoever mentioned less that 5-7k is probably insane. For what it looks like he will be offering 50-70k would be relatively cheap.

wow 70k I could buy 4 cheep houses and be a slumlord and never work again.
Whoa where do you live? Houses cost like at least a million over here. And they're small houses with 2 bedrooms too.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

sold !!

Post by timetraveler1 »

hey itsme , if you'll buy part of texas for that much i'll even through in george bush jr. at no cost since he has such low ratings (actually lower than an omeba's butt hole !!) lol ! 8O :lol: :lol:

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

amazing artwork

Post by timetraveler1 »

hello Synobyte07 , i checked out the artist work you mentioned he does have some amazing work the mans face a, color and texture is very realistic am eager to see what you get done as far as a women's body and face but of course part of the situation as you know is durability not just the mechanics of an android but the body it's self and then the lightness of the body (even if it can "could" walk on it's own what would happen if it was heavy and fell or stopped working then their would be the weight for the owner to have to move around . :( at any rate i do wish you good luck withm it . p.s. have you thought of a a.i. brain system for it ?? i am using hal 6.1 version a.i. right now and a custom brain "angela smith " i have been working on in my french madem stuffed doll with wireless speaker . :D

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Simply amazing work Synobyte, I am not sure how I missed this thread before. Good luck on getting your production up and running. That android is looking mighty intriguing. Does it have any functionality yet? I would be interested to know how that goes. There is probably even a small market for a non-functional android looking doll. I'd buy one if I had the extra cash.

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

Android-looking? What do you mean? An android would look just like a regular doll with maybe a few well hidden extras. If you want techno gadgets on your doll you can probably glue them on yourself.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Jimbo1 wrote:
itsme wrote:
starion wrote:With what I see it would seem to me like he is basically skinning an android to simulate a female. Whoever mentioned less that 5-7k is probably insane. For what it looks like he will be offering 50-70k would be relatively cheap.

wow 70k I could buy 4 cheep houses and be a slumlord and never work again.
Whoa where do you live? Houses cost like at least a million over here. And they're small houses with 2 bedrooms too.

I hope you are joking.
If you look around you can buy forecloses for 8 grand in TX fix them up and sell for 20 grand and make a quick 7g after the sale and renavation.

Not that I know for sure but OH. and PA you can buy a 2 story 3 bedroom for 5 to 10 grand and resell for 30 40 quick cash.

to do this you need some good workers the faster the crue the faster the sale. the fastes way to make money in realestate for the last 3 years have been lower priced homes Why it becouse pepole in the 80 and 9-0 took on shit lowns and are selling or lusing ther high priced plases.

the smater ones got out befor they have lost there cridet, and have or are buying lowere cost homes.

So if you have some time and some cash I say do it.

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Nonfactor wrote:Android-looking? What do you mean? An android would look just like a regular doll with maybe a few well hidden extras. If you want techno gadgets on your doll you can probably glue them on yourself.
That is true, but I was talking about this picture from Synobyte07's flicker gallery:

For some reason, I find the exposed joints kinda hot. Surely there are some ASFRers around here somewhere...

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

Really not my thing. Now if we were talking about this:

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Nonfactor wrote:Really not my thing. Now if we were talking about this:

OMG! :D What is that doll and where do I get one? Or is that CG?

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

Hi KawaiiLuver: if you like the robotic android, then you'll probably like this music video by Bjork. It's called All_is_full_of_Love. I don't listen to a lot of Bjork's music, but this song and video is very inspiring. I think this was made in 1995 and CGI was just gettin' off the ground for music videos.

Anyway, I'm still trying to make arrangements to schedule a day to work with Toby Sells. I want to get a better understanding of intrinsic coloring for the use on polymers and elastomers.

Always trying to come up with newer and better ideas. :)
"Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice." Zoetrope

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

KawaiiLuvr wrote:OMG! :D What is that doll and where do I get one? Or is that CG?
Either CG or a custom made dollfie-size (30-60cm) doll.

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Synobyte07 wrote:Hi KawaiiLuver: if you like the robotic android, then you'll probably like this music video by Bjork. It's called All_is_full_of_Love. I don't listen to a lot of Bjork's music, but this song and video is very inspiring. I think this was made in 1995 and CGI was just gettin' off the ground for music videos.

Anyway, I'm still trying to make arrangements to schedule a day to work with Toby Sells. I want to get a better understanding of intrinsic coloring for the use on polymers and elastomers.

Always trying to come up with newer and better ideas. :)
Yeah, thats one of my favorite videos, but I haven't seen it in a while. Thanks.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I can't wait to see what comes of your doll.

INFORMATIONS