Starpery.com

SPEAKER AREA IN DOLLS HEADS FROM MANUFACTURER

Got an idea? Need an invention?
DollAfficionado

Re: SPEAKER AREA IN DOLLS HEADS FROM MANUFACTURER

Post by DollAfficionado »

This has been one of the most informative/educational threads ever in the Inventor's section. It should probably be a sticky as this information gets asked about a lot across all of TDF.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright, the recording module from electronics123 came in last week and I had a chance to mess around with it in the last couple of days.
Here's a little YouTube test/review I did using the speaker that came with it and also the with the 808 Thump bluetooth speaker using the AUX input...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1o0vk_D7pE Programming the board was easy and worked just like their video shows.
For some reason the PM66 software would not install properly on my desktop computer, but worked fine on my netbook.

There is no volume control on the module or the Thump speaker, so the volume level needs to be set properly in the .wav files.
I had to set the recording level in Audacity to zero to get the clip volume low enough. The files were REALLY LOUD at first. 8O
Audacity also has an effect filter that you can use to reduce the volume more if needed.

Getting a decent sound quality will lower the actual sound time quite a bit from the advertised 300 seconds.
The 4.7 or 5 kHz would be completely unusable, 8 kHz sounds pretty bad (like your on the telephone). I found that 14 kHz worked well enough for the speaking sound. For just noises like moans, a lower rate could perhaps be used to save space.

The 808 Thump sounds great and has more than enough volume.
One disappointment is that using the AUX input does override the bluetooth so they can't be used at the same time, so you'd have to unplug the jack to use A.I. or Voice Attack. One other thing is that the on/off button is on the bottom, so you have to lift the unit up or take it out of the compartment to turn it off/on.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Looks great so far.

It's probably better to be over volumed than to not have enough. I know there are some audio files that I have to have my computer settings and BT speaker at max to hear. Then there is some that is fine. I guess it depends of the mic record volume set by the person recording the audio. Also if the speaker is in the back of the head, under a wig and laying on a pillow it will be muffled some. Add some back ground music and the sex audio may be hard to hear. Of course I can see where if you are just wanting general AI chat the volume can be normal, but if the audio is of her screaming and moaning a louder volume may be called for or OK. Then again I'm half deaf so that doesn't help! LOL
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hehe, I'm half blind (without my glasses). Sounds like we'd make a great team. :lol:

BTW, the buttons on the module are easy to press, and no clicking or noises.
I'm thinking one will work nicely at the end of the FL adapter with a little plug inserted into the sleeve end as a pressure plate so that the button will be pressed as one thrusts.
Those first two Rusty Waters clips would work nice for that! :razz:

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yes, it will be interesting to figure out all the ways the push buttons & sensors can be adapted.

I wonder if it is possible to swap the light and motion detector for push buttons? Or graft additional push buttons into one of the inputs?

Maybe have the speaker plugged into multiple units? I guess if a person was wanting to wire up a silicone doll w/ multiple embedded push buttons you could just have a custom board made w/say 12 push buttons and 8 audio tract locations. Buttons for insert, butt, boobs, waist, shoulders, neck, etc.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:I wonder if it is possible to swap the light and motion detector for push buttons? Or graft additional push buttons into one of the inputs?
The motion sensor has 3 wires so I doubt it could be used for a button, but it may very well be possible to graft additional buttons onto a button lead.
It's just a simple switch - if one of them connects I would think it would work, but I don't know much about electronics. That might be a good question for the guys at E123.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

We are working on the same effect but different paths , you with sensors , me with trigger words in speach, that cause variouse responses and or moan , etc. sex sounds . in my pathway, some dirty talking is nessesary, but hey a little dirty talk never hurt anything when it comes to sex ! :D :wink:

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Great ideas happening here.

MF
Have you tried pushing 2 buttons at the same time or one quickly after a first one? But don't do anything that will damage the unit. Did the unit come w/any warnings.
I just got to thinking about having a insert that had 2 buttons in different locations.
Or what would happen w/a MQ or doll if you were activating a nipple button while the insert button was also being activated.

Here is a quick diagram of how extra buttons could be tied into the single factory button lead. Like you said the button just momentarily makes a connection between a broken wire so any type of 2 wire momentary switch should work. Now it would take a good eye and steady hand to tap into those tiny wires.
Attachments
002.JPG
002.JPG (201.77 KiB) Viewed 3800 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

timetraveler1 wrote:We are working on the same effect but different paths , you with sensors , me with trigger words in speach, that cause variouse responses and or moan , etc. sex sounds . in my pathway, some dirty talking is nessesary, but hey a little dirty talk never hurt anything when it comes to sex ! :D :wink:
Hey TT,
I'm still on your path as well. :) Haven't given up with the voice commands and bluetooth.
I was actually hoping that they could be used together but the speaker won't let me do that unfortunately.

With the new audio compartment I have, to use bluetooth you'd just have to pull her plug (like coming out of the matrix). The wire slot will keep the plug from falling down into the head.
IMG_3857.JPG
IMG_3857.JPG (454.09 KiB) Viewed 3791 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:Have you tried pushing 2 buttons at the same time or one quickly after a first one? But don't do anything that will damage the unit. Did the unit come w/any warnings.
Thanks for the nice diagram, that's exactly it!
I don't see why that wouldn't work.

The module can only play one track at a time, so what happens is that if you press two different buttons (on different leads) at about the same time, one of them would override the other and play. You may get a little audio pop when the first track gets stopped.
Here's a link to the FAQ that explains all the different playback functions: http://www.electronics123.net/amazon/da ... IR_Q&A.pdf

However, if you had more than one button on a lead and used the one shot non-re-triggerable mode, the track would keep playing until finished instead of stopping if you pressed two buttons on the same lead (me thinks :scrambleup: ).

As far as tapping and connecting, HD has a ton of different type wire connectors.
I got a couple of 10 packs of these little crimp on butt splices:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tyco-Electro ... /202204310

They also have some tap splice connectors that might be handy for splicing in the extra buttons:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tyco-Electro ... /202204286

The only problem is where to get the additional buttons. I searched the E123 site but didn't find anything.

EDIT:
I called E123 and confirmed that adding the buttons in parallel will work.
They said as long as they are in parallel like you've shown in the diagram and not in series that it will work just fine.
The only buttons they carry are made for mounting to a PCB but could possibly work...
http://www.electronics123.com/shop/prod ... tch&page=3

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

MannequinFan, how are you using voice command ? i have my stuff running from hal program on a laptop pc, with dragon voice naturally 11.5 version . the bluetooth i use is for the return voice (female ) only . all other is picked up by me either talking with an plantronics ear piece wireless or just being in the room with the laptop . which by the way as i mentioned elsewhere i am now using a custom made hal vision brain plug in that detects motion in a set defined area with yawcam free program.
that runs my 1300 plus random talk program , so my angela a.i. will initiate conversation of random things. mostly house talk, saying how much she loves me etc. etc. sometime now that i have it going i will have to make another video and show her talking

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey TT,

When I was messing with the Bluetooth voice stuff a while back, I was using Voice Attack with my webcam mic and just using the Windows 7 VR.
The Windows VR worked fine as Voice Attack doesn't require as much accuracy as with actual A.I. like HAL. In the future, I'll probably use my netbook to run Voice Attack and use the netbook mic.

The motion detection with Yawcam sounds cool! I'd like to see more on how that works if you can. :)
So do you have the webcam mounted in your doll or just in the room nearby?

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

the yawcam is a free pc program
http://www.yawcam.com/ I have a question to admins . i posted the yahoo link as i always have but it is just showing a plug in is needed to show the video .
do you know why it's doing this?

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

although this is about a speaker in the head of dolls , although i have a place made in a LATEX head , i have recently placed a large summer hat on her head, well that was perfect for just sitting the wireless speaker under the hat and on her head, i showed my wife and told her where the speaker was lol !

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

sometime when i get time i need to post a video of my angela doing some random talk on her own . :D

INFORMATIONS