Starpery.com

Plush Inflatable [odd sounding idea I know... :P ]

Got an idea? Need an invention?
TFreeman

Plush Inflatable [odd sounding idea I know... :P ]

Post by TFreeman »

Been toying with this idea for a while, and the more I think about it the more I wish to pursue the idea.

Basically, a doll where there would be an inner layer made up of something like nylon, which could be put together in such a way where it could retain air, as well as an outer layer made up of a plush material (think Teddy Babe soft). I got the idea once when I was bored, grabbed the arm of a nylon jacket, twisted off one end, and blew into - and "inflated" - the other end... and was amazed at how well it retained air.

I'm thinking about possible challenges and issues with such a design - fragility or lack thereof, how hard working with nylon for the inner layer would be, whether I'd be able to properly affix a valve on the nylon layer without compromising the structural integrity OR the ability to hold air, as well as cost... but damn, the more I think about it, the more I am starting to love the idea...

ivanova

Re: Plush Inflatable [odd sounding idea I know... :P ]

Post by ivanova »

More like a semi-inflatable.

TFreeman

Post by TFreeman »

Well, not exactly - I do find it hard to explain accurately... it would be 100% inflatable, just the materials being completely unconventional in hopes of making something that may be stronger than vinyl, and have a feel comparable to plush anything... i that makes sense... XD

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

Sounds like a good idea.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

I seem to remember many years - okay decades - when Tak Shing of Hong Kong had an air babe basic to all the other mid ranges in design - but she had a felt like skin attached to her entire body to give her a feel unlike that of a blow up doll -

If memory serves she was called the "Aphrodite" doll - or a play on that name -

She was very similar to the then popular Ms. World air babe - same shape of body but with a different head - as the "Aphrodite" doll had a closed mouth with blonde hair

Her feel was really unlike any other in the inflata-land but again if memory serves she was a wee bit more expensive - so it was a one and done design - although one and done in Hong Kong mean many thousands were made - :P

An inflatable Teddy Babe sounds nice - she would deflate and take up less space as her poly filled sisters - not sure if folk would want to deal with the possibility of her at some point loosing air if something happened to the inner air chamber

Kool idea though - :thumbs_up:

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

My wish would be for an inflatable silicone doll. The nylon would serve as the inner re enforcement.
Maybe after the latex inflatable issue is dealt with.

Mark
<em>I know the good artist</em>

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

links for your idea;
inflatable nylon fabric suit .. not the shape of a TB ... http://www.hauntedprops.com/product-p/ru88710.htm

contact this company for a free 'sample' air valve;
http://www.carmo.dk/gb/product/valves/i ... AvUs8P8HAQ

CyberLovedoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CyberLovedoll »

This is not anything new, except maybe in dolls. I have a plush inflatable bathtub pillow that is vinyl with a plush valuer like outer surface.
Another similar technology that I remember from my school days. If I remember correctly, the medicine balls were made of a plush like material with an inflatable bladder inside.

Ron

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

CyberLovedoll wrote:This is not anything new, except maybe in dolls. I have a plush inflatable bathtub pillow that is vinyl with a plush valuer like outer surface.
Another similar technology that I remember from my school days. If I remember correctly, the medicine balls were made of a plush like material with an inflatable bladder inside.

Ron

Was it flocking fibers ... if so it is not very 'plush'

http://www.craftflocking.com/Home_Page.php
http://shop.brickintheyard.com/4oz-Floc ... ock4oz.htm

CyberLovedoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CyberLovedoll »

r363b wrote:
CyberLovedoll wrote:This is not anything new, except maybe in dolls. I have a plush inflatable bathtub pillow that is vinyl with a plush valuer like outer surface.

Ron

Was it flocking fibers ... if so it is not very 'plush'

http://www.craftflocking.com/Home_Page.php
http://shop.brickintheyard.com/4oz-Floc ... ock4oz.htm
Not sure, but it feels kind of plushy to me.
I think it might work if you open up a plush doll, remove the stuffing and skeleton, and stuff an inflatable doll inside.

Ron

xkingyox

Post by xkingyox »

I was planning to buy a lovebody Risa to use as an inflatable base shape and sew a cover with stuffed limbs but I decided to start with a body pillow and build onto that instead. Might try getting a love body and some fleece, it would be nice if you need something light weigh and able to become smaller for storage. You'll definitely need some sewing skills though!

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

Very good Idea, not odd at all, keep playing with it, my mind is racing.
CyberLovedoll's pillow reminded me of the inflatable mattress that was around in the 70s, had what looked like black rubber inside where the corrugated hard plastic cork went and some kind of woven material bonded around it, they were really tough, if you drove on it with a car it would either support it or pop the cork, we also had something similarly robust we used as a roller to get the boats up the beach, but had no material around it.
I believe the lack of stretch was key to the strength.
I recon a layer of soft foam or something between the inflatable and the velour would feel nice, maybe make it strong enough to put water in?
Or foam inside the bladder so as to be self inflating like those camping mattresses.
Perhaps multi chambered connected by a tube for flexibility in the limbs.
I recon you could come up with something very marketable.
Genius!

Pete.

INFORMATIONS