Starpery.com

Study topic: Making a large ball joint type love doll.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Study topic: Making a large ball joint type love doll.

Post by rubherkitty »

Definitely a cute face!
Could pass for 18 IMO. Seen much younger looking faces on TDF.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Just ran across this doing some BJD searches. Something to aspire to...
:)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Cool! May be too skinny for some, but I like her. Some whispy clothes would set her off.

Here's some other doll pics.
The first 2 of same doll is a Soi type. Was looking for articulation pics.
Nice photo spread of this doll here: http://www.pinkgrapefruitfashions.com/2 ... 8year.html. Considered the 18 yo body.

The last two? Just found them doing the search, but I like them so....
Attachments
Soi.jpg
Soi.jpg (341.45 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
Soi 2.jpg
Soi 2.jpg (647.84 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
Soi 3.jpg
Soi 3.jpg (212.08 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
Soi 4.jpg
Soi 4.jpg (389.47 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

INTERESTING! I like how the legs are carved away to let her legs fold! Looks odd but I like it, she is built like my ex wife, that I may have to adjust too.....I'm making progress on my tests will try and post some here soon, as the joints are good and will work for many things! Never thought I could make a mold from half a tennis ball....and a wine cork.....

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

I vote for the suggestion made by MannequinFan and rubherkitty. Please make at 145 cm.

pageophile

Post by pageophile »

MannequinFan wrote:Just ran across this doing some BJD searches. Something to aspire to...
:)

WOW! Scale her up to regular human size and where do I send the money!?!

Seriously, I've got a thing for slim built for speed women and that doll nails it!!!

Damn :D :D :D
"My name is Ash and I am a slave. Close as I can figure, the year is thirteen hundred A.D and I'm being dragged to my death. It wasn't always like this, I had a real life, once. A job."

pageophile

Post by pageophile »

Hello Gents and Happy New Year

This thread hasn't been posted to in a while so I figure will post some info I found.

Please bare with me and save the "you're an idiot" comment till the end, I'm sensitive :oops:

(In other words, if I'm completely off base please ignore me no harm was intended)

Just wanted to share some info and maybe jump start this thread again as it was very cool IHO.

Going through eBay > Roxy Display found this:

This one has a moveable midsection:

http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... fxaeg.html

There are also other models too:

http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... fxgeg.html

The pictures got me thinking, add a nice full body suit or zentai suit to cover the joints and you've got a large size posable doll.

Add an insert for a fleshlight (or similar) and you've got a posable and f**kable doll.

Here's some pictures and a video. The vid is of a similar doll and it's assemble/operation.

ffxaeg-2s.jpg
ffxaeg-2s.jpg (33.47 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
ffxaeg-3s.jpg
ffxaeg-3s.jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
ffxf-6s.jpg
ffxf-6s.jpg (40.92 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
Video Linky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMF-1XiUME

So now you can tell me I'm out of my tree and need to go away.

Take care,

Page
"My name is Ash and I am a slave. Close as I can figure, the year is thirteen hundred A.D and I'm being dragged to my death. It wasn't always like this, I had a real life, once. A job."

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
That's a good price. There has been a few people who have bought these to mod. Do know if they ever finished or not.
One problem is there is a cross bar between the leg joints through the pelvis that has to be dealt with.

I have been thinking about buying one of these 4' tall dolls to mod. http://masterpiecedolls.shptron.com/p/s ... uty-blonde
I think I could probably bump the height up to 4' 8". Make boobs and install a 18ish head.

pageophile

Post by pageophile »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks
That's a good price. There has been a few people who have bought these to mod. Do know if they ever finished or not.
One problem is there is a cross bar between the leg joints through the pelvis that has to be dealt with.

I have been thinking about buying one of these 4' tall dolls to mod. http://masterpiecedolls.shptron.com/p/s ... uty-blonde
I think I could probably bump the height up to 4' 8". Make boobs and install a 18ish head.
Didn't know about the crossbar would be right in the way of the insert, bummer.

The doll you've listed is a solid starting point at a decent price.

Add some height, boobs and another head you've got a life-sized BJD w/o breaking the bank.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

There may be a way to mod the MQ your talking about via a independent internal flange for each leg? I've never owned one to ck it out. Somewhere in inventors corner this has all been discussed.

Personally, all adult mannequins are too tall for me anyway. Unfortunately, the posable MQ is already 5' 11". Add some heels and she's now taller than my 6' 1". I don't want a doll over 5' tall as I want her in heels of 4 - 5" which will add to her overall height. The masterpiece dolls are around 23 lbs. Not sure if this is naked or clothed?
I'll have to discuss w/ MannequinFan the possibility of printing up some add on pieces for the 48" Masterpiece dolls. Any parts will still have to be glued on and some putty work done to feather them in. I'm anxious to buy one. The pelvis may have to be widened to fit a insert though. This will be the most labor intensive of the mods if that has to be.

Vendor 1AM offers this Natasha Doll for $360.00. http://iamdollusa.com/dolls/solid/TC1101/natasha.html
In my eyes there are some pros, but mostly cons.

The doll is 4' tall, but only weighs 13 lbs, so she must be really thin plastic. The 4' Masterpiece dolls weigh 23 lbs.
Not crazy about the face. It's OK, but could be sexier and the horizontal alignment of the eyes are off.
Not crazy about the add on boobs and big dual entry insert.
Only has 5 joints compared to the Masterpiece dolls 11 joints.
Attachments
Natasha-2.jpg
Natasha-2.jpg (454.21 KiB) Viewed 2207 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Member dirtywretch had a similar jointed mannequin to the one pageophile posted above.
He posted a little in the MQ mod thread about it where he was having problems with the leg posts being in the way of the insert...

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 94#p488594

pageophile

Post by pageophile »

MannequinFan wrote:
Member dirtywretch had a similar jointed mannequin to the one pageophile posted above.
He posted a little in the MQ mod thread about it where he was having problems with the leg posts being in the way of the insert...

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 94#p488594
Thanks for the heads-up on that thread ManFan :)

I'm still just getting started in the Doll Hobby but Mannequins look pretty interesting to me.

Especially with all the mod's you guys have done and posted.

A giant action figure/Barbie that is "functional" really appeals to me.

The large available sizes and relatively low starting costs are bonuses in my view.

Might have to take the plunge and make the Harem three strong instead of two.

Man, I need to get the man room in the basement finished.

Would save a ton of hauling stuff around about when people visit.

Then again I might never leave the basement . . .

ivanova

Post by ivanova »

On the Roxy jointed mannequin: Suggest a lady's wetsuit first, then a Zentai suit. The wetsuit will provide a softer skin and let you fill the joints with a bit of padding. Pity the legs are not as articulated as the shoulders.

pageophile

Post by pageophile »

ivanova wrote:On the Roxy jointed mannequin: Suggest a lady's wetsuit first, then a Zentai suit. The wetsuit will provide a softer skin and let you fill the joints with a bit of padding. Pity the legs are not as articulated as the shoulders.
Hmmmmm, never would have thought about a wetsuit. Much softer and the material would "hide" the joints better too.

Will have to keep this in mind :D

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

She beckons you to make her now or die! :evilbat:

She is the T6900 model of Skynet. She terminates boners!

INFORMATIONS