Got an idea? Need an invention?
Vaan

Revolutionary Skeleton Idea

Post by Vaan »

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/10/07/m ... ustrators/

Video Review:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Koj1anxKjXY

Hey all!!!

I'm a longtime lurker and first time caller here on TDF. What brings me out from the shadows is what I came across the other day. It is a manga artist model that mimics the human form near perfectly. If you haven't clicked the link above and seen what I'm talking about, please do and let your imagination run wild. Unfortunately I am new to the forums and on an iphone so posting pictures is difficult/impossible but the links should be good.

I really hope this little lady helps our community.

Vaan

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Revolutionary Skeleton Idea

Post by Karrot »

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Nice design, but as is, the silicone skin would be too thin. Now if this model was very long and thin it may work. Or maybe if the components had a metal or hard plastic core w/a soft rubber material bonded onto it?
Would also add quite a bit to the cost for molding all the pieces and assembly, but some would pay the price.

You are right that this is the future of gynoids. A soft, flexible, tear proof skin will need to be developed as well.

Thanks for posting and welcome to TDF!
RK / Inventor
Nikki & Janell / Test subjects
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

Welcome Vaan. Thanks for posting that. Very, very intriguing.

Softness would be the main problem for a realistic feeling doll. There would need to be some type of padding over the skeleton. I wonder if something like this skeleton would work with a fabric doll, if the fabric was stretchy enough. They always have the problem with being difficult to pose or with the inner material getting compressed or shifting. Maybe some padding glued to the surfaces of the skeleton, covered with a full bodystocking or two.

I might get one just for the coolness factor alone.

Vaan

Post by Vaan »

Thanks for the welcome!!

I posted this because I thought it was crazy cool and for the remote prospect that it could influence the way doll makers approach the craft. A fully functional skeleton is way down the line, but even the application of simple mechanics like the forearm twist can add so much realism to dolls. Maybe it's a pipedream, but I think this is going to be a game changer.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Hi and welcome to the forum. I see today is your first day here.
Too bad the skeleton is a miniature. Might be perfect for Tom Thumb.
The best thing I could think of would be to use a medical grade skeleton, that you see in the doctor's office, that you could get in a medical supply store.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Welcome to the forum!

Impressive looking figure indeed, but kinda expensive at $300.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Regarding the small size. It is generally always easier to make things bigger than it is to reduce them. The material cost will run more though, but we're talking a doll, not a speed boat vs a aircraft carrier.

I would love to see a highly articulated doll skeleton made out of a unbreakable plastic of some sort. Time will tell. To make all the molds for a plastic skeleton for a particular doll size, you will need to sell a lot of them. Metal tube or PVC tube skeletons can be fabricated from bulk supply to fit a variety of doll sizes as we currently see now.

Store bought human type skeletons might be OK for a loose joint doll, but not a poseable doll. You also have the problem of certain bones being too close to the skin surface and chancing break through's.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

I like the alternative concept of how a skeleton could look and function. A design like this might allow for internal motors for movement. More like an insect's exoskeleton with the workings inside, than a mammal's skeleton. (As long as it could be padded somehow to feel somewhat soft.)

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

WOuld it look good with silicone skin?

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

Tybalt wrote:WOuld it look good with silicone skin?
Maybe TPE skin would work because of it's extra stretchiness. And if it was thick enough might add the necessary softness.

gyxile
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by gyxile »

if we could find something like this in a more skin tone this would be flexible enough for the stomach section as it says it will stretch 200x , not sure what the texture of the product would be like

http://www.acc-silicones.com/content/pr ... m830.ashx#

Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chronos »

Now if they can just 3D print a thin TPE skin over her. Or better yet 3D print the whole thing. Make the skeleton thinner and out of a super strong composite material. Probably ~10 years in the future.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Skin her out in lycra . The decent non tearing kind . If the tention is applied right it would hardly wrinkle

almost forgot welcome to the forum in three more posts you will have the ability to pm other members enjoy your stay on the board. If you know the cost of this girl please share and enjoy
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Never mind three hundred is too much
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS