SAFETY VALVES - AND HOW I WISH YOU WERE GONE

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

SAFETY VALVES - AND HOW I WISH YOU WERE GONE

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

As the title explains all - i can't stand safety/ check valves - worse still many air doll makers insist on this safety feature on their product line - :?

I have never really been sure how to remedy this- to me malady till - I had a Wah - La moment on a "you-tube" video - shows ya - we're always learning

Little background here first - air dolls come usually with two types of air valves the tried and true type - blow air in - and off to blissville - and the bain of my inflata-life the safety valve - the safety valve was meant for inflatable stuff used on the water - so that if the air valve was opened the boat didn't go poof - all the air escaped at once and down you went to Davy Jones Locker - :P

The safety valve has a flap at the end that restricts air flow both in and out - great for recreational stuff on the lake - terrible in the inflata-bed room - ugh - :mrgreen:

So while doing "ahem" research on "you-tube" I came a across a tutorial from "Heath Dragon" on how to remove - you guessed it safety valves - from a pool inflatable Orca whale - so I used this same method on a value range PDX Brooke Le Hook air babe - worked on the first shot - so I quickly did my other two PDX air babes - and again Wah - La - I have now So much easier to use air babes - went so far as to try it it out as well on a Seven Creation 'Big Tops Becky" that was Very difficult to inflate - Again - worked like magic

Maybe yer wondering just whats the big deal - its like this without a safety valve an inflata-babe goes from flat to full figured fun in a snap - with the safety valve it becomes a project - even the battery operated air pump I use has issues with safety valves - and takes for ever to inflate - and forget about breathing life to an air-babe with a safety valve - you'll be like ya ran a 5K road race with bad sneakers - uphill - :roll:

Anyhoo - all is well in inflata-land this night as - the evil safety valve demon has been slayed with help of a Heath Dragon self-help video - kudos to Heath - :thumbs_up:

I threw some pictures of Brooke Le Hook - but the change was done internally so - you really can't see the modification - so look up 'Heath Dragon" on you -tube removal of safety valve

For those that just want a quick what did I do - okay here is the steps -

* With doll deflated - i pushed in the air valve flush with the dolls backside
* while holding the doll with my left hand on the air valve - using my right hand - i felt for the air valve inside the doll
* After finding it pull the safety flap - you'll feel the little flap and begin a gentle twist motion
* after a few twists the flap will pull off - and presto - no more safety valve
* Re-inflate - the way it was meant to be - easily with out trouble

The flap will come off and lose inside the doll - but that ain't no big thang - considering that the flap will no longer be an issue of inflation/ deflation
Attachments
PDX - has installed safety valves on their entire line - why - I have no idea - as safe sex doesn't require a safety valve
PDX - has installed safety valves on their entire line - why - I have no idea - as safe sex doesn't require a safety valve
PDX Brooke Le-Hook 01.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1857 times
Brooke Le - Hook can now breath easy - with her safety flap - no longer the thing in our way to
Brooke Le - Hook can now breath easy - with her safety flap - no longer the thing in our way to
PDX Brooke - Le Hook 02.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1857 times

hugemistake
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: SAFETY VALVES - AND HOW I WISH YOU WERE GONE

Post by hugemistake »

Good find on the mod yorktown. I never got a PDX doll but I can tell that this idea will help a lot of people.
It's OK to grab DOLLS by the pussy!

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Your right - HM - :thumbs_up:

There are several inflata-brands that insist on the dreaded "safety valve" in their line up - and none make sense to its use on an air doll - but why try to make sense of non-sense - :mrgreen:

The main thing is based on "Heath Dragons" idea - I am able to over-come this issue no mater which manufacturer puts this thing on - :angel:

I should note - that Daio Shi has been installing on its newest air babe models a combination valve - the valve is actually two parts - one is a traditional small safety valve - attached to a large Boston Valve - which allows for super quick inflation/ deflation - someone is paying attention - :!:

Happy Trails
Attachments
PDX Value air babe - all PDX air babes come with safety valves
PDX Value air babe - all PDX air babes come with safety valves
PDX Brook Le - Hook 03.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1792 times

Dollicio

Post by Dollicio »

Very good argument against the use of safety valves on dolls. I can imagine there being times when one might want to deflate a doll in a hurry too.

Interestingly, while on YouTube I came across this video on the Heath Dragon channel describing an easy technique for removal of the inside flap on safety valves.

https://youtu.be/eQoV6w_nuSQ

But you will end up with a little vinyl flap bouncing around inside your doll. If you don't want that, I would try using an appropriately thin and long nosed plier to very carefully insert into the valve in order to grab and twist off the inner flap. Then without letting go of the flap, I would then remove it by drawing it through the valve.

These techniques do run the risk of damaging an otherwise good doll. The million dollar question is how much do you dislike safety valves?

If you have an already blown out and disused doll that has these valves, you might try experimenting with a removal method on it first.

PS. The Heath Dragon channel has other videos on repairing and reinforcing vinyl inflatables. Very informative. :D

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Did I mention - I dislike - safety valve - :mrgreen:

Thanks - "Dollicio" - for posting the link from you-tube :angel:

There is absolutely no purpose at all for use of a safety valve in an inflata-babe - and the video is good to show how to remove

As to the small flap now fallen into the heart of my inflata-babe - worry not - as there is no fear this will cause any issue future problems

A loose soft vinyl flap will cause no harm to an inflata-babe from the inside -

INFORMATIONS