realsexdoll.com

1am USA Paula sprang a leak

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
Dolls1970

1am USA Paula sprang a leak

Post by Dolls1970 »

Not long ago my Paula doll developed a leak on the seam right around the tummy area.The repair job didn't last long, as I know it wouldn't.
I stuffed her today and she looks great! I already know these modifications don't last long either.I must say though... for the first time ever, I get that real silicone doll feel to some extent.She will have to do until I can afford to buy what I really want from 1am USA - 125cm Terri doll.
Being a single parent is tough on the wallet and any real expendable cash I spend on my kids. I haven't lost hope of finding one that's in need of repair, adoption or a lot cheaper than new.
Anyway...Paula looks great!!! I'll furnish some pictures as soon as I can. ;)

Dolls1970

Re: 1am USA Paula sprang a leak

Post by Dolls1970 »

Old pic
Attachments
P9240005.JPG
P9240005.JPG (104.85 KiB) Viewed 4776 times

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

Dolls1970 wrote:Not long ago my Paula doll developed a leak on the seam right around the tummy area.The repair job didn't last long, as I know it wouldn't.
If you ever have another problem like this with any future inflatables Dolls1970, try the VLP Vinyl repair. I read in the reviews that one guy successfully repaired a split seam on a rubber raft with it. I myself have used it with pretty good success on my dolls.

Dolls1970 wrote:She will have to do until I can afford to buy what I really want from 1am USA - 125cm Terri doll.
Being a single parent is tough on the wallet and any real expendable cash I spend on my kids. I haven't lost hope of finding one that's in need of repair, adoption or a lot cheaper than new.
Don't give up hope Dolls1970, keep your eyes open. I'm pretty sure I've seen this model come up on the buy and sell before, and I'm sure that she (or a very similar doll) will come up again. I've seen some pretty amazing deals over the years, but you have to be in the right place at the right time, with funds in hand.

Good luck,

Sam

Dolls1970

Post by Dolls1970 »

Thanks Sam! Agreed, you can really get a good deal if you keep your eyes open over here.
I really like Paula's new feel after being stuffed. :)

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

Dolls1970 wrote:I really like Paula's new feel after being stuffed. :)
Cool Dolls1970. I always wanted to do that with the Domax Poupee, but never got around to it.

Sam

Dolls1970

Post by Dolls1970 »

Sam, well worth it and easy too.It took about 15 minutes to complete the whole job.
I read some old repair post about stuffing these dolls.It seemed that people were using little foam pellets that can be bought in bulk at Walmarts. Well, i went to Walmart and couldn't find the small foam pellets.
I ended up buying a large bag of very lightweight stuffing used for making stuffed animals and pillows.
The bag cost $9.00 and I only used half of it to fill up Paula.The added weight really brings the doll to life.That fear of a leak is gone.
Peter

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

Yes, that's where I saw it Dolls1970, but I saw it for sale at their website. Some of their items are only available at walmart.com

It was called the polyester fiberfill, and it was the same stuff that you would use for stuffed animals, pillows, etc. You can also find it at crafts stores.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=polyfill

It's a simple and inexpensive improvement that adds a lot of realism to an inflatable doll.

Sam

Dolls1970

Post by Dolls1970 »

Exactly Sam!!!

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Sorry too hear that Paula was losing air - there are some super repair ideas here @ TDF - to keep your inflatable alive - :idea:

Congrats on the conversion of Paula - I am sorta kinda not a stuffed doll person - but yes I do understand many prefer the idea of leak less doll - :whistle:

Ole Sam has some solid ideas - thanks Sam - :thumbs_up:

Quick question - D1970 - where exactly did the leak/ tear occur on Paula - I have a very similar air babe from Daio Shi and any info you might have could help others if it should happen to us/ me

Hope Paula goes on - and thanks for sharing the information - :angel:

Happy Trails-

Dolls1970

Post by Dolls1970 »

yorktown, the leak appeared right at the tummy seam.I used industrial strength vinyl glue and it only lasted twice after use.My goal is a 125cm 1am USA Terri doll someday.
I was never rough with Paula, or was she ever over inflated.The seam just gave out.I just didn't have the heart to throw her away.I'm glad I didn't...she is really awesome after the stuffing and poses a lot better too.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Danke (thank you) - D1970 - :thumbs_up:

I gather it was the seam that was welded from the inside - with a slight fold inward - as both my sitting & standing versions have that in the tummy area -

For tears such as those I always use patching material - as glue alone will not hold - but of course it also depends how long the tear is as well -

Many moons ago I had one of the earlier Daio Shi air babes and she split a seam on her booty - but sadly when it went it went a long way almost five inches long - it was fixable but she instead became a donor doll - or spare parts babe - :?

Again danke fuer die information - :thumbs_up:

Tschuess -

magoruk

Post by magoruk »

Hallo Dolls1970, it is a very sad message from you, that your Paula had problems you wrote about. It was very nice and pleasant to see your pictures here. Inflatable dolls may have a leak sometimes, but almost all failures can be repaired. You need a special glue for soft vinyl, which is used for rafts, airmats, pool toys, etc. There are several glues in market which work perfectly. For best results, it is necessary to read an user manual to the glue and do exactly what they say there. Before applying the glue + patch to your beloved doll, it is better to practice, test the method on some cheap pool toy or similar thing. Air dolls are the most happy with air inside. When stuffed, they can look nice on photos, but they are not happy. They know, that they lost their soul and are on beginning of their end.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13129
How it looks in a heaven? The heaven it is the same world as our, with one exception. You can live with your doll there and the doll is ideal. The ideal doll means, that there are no any technical, practical or social problems concerned with her. And what about a hell? The hell don't exist. Every place will turn to a heaven, if you will be with your doll there. Because she is a part of your personality, she will be always with you.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

yorktown wrote:8) Howdy

Danke (thank you) - D1970 - :thumbs_up:

I gather it was the seam that was welded from the inside - with a slight fold inward - as both my sitting & standing versions have that in the tummy area -

For tears such as those I always use patching material - as glue alone will not hold - but of course it also depends how long the tear is as well -

Many moons ago I had one of the earlier Daio Shi air babes and she split a seam on her booty - but sadly when it went it went a long way almost five inches long - it was fixable but she instead became a donor doll - or spare parts babe - :?

Again danke fuer die information - :thumbs_up:

Tschuess -
I feel i may have the same issue on my pretty dio shii babe.
I will post some pics in a bit.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

I have the 1am Buffy and she is a great inflatable doll but she's been deflated and under my bed ever since I got my TPE doll.
Lets hope she doesn't develop a leak

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:I have the 1am Buffy and she is a great inflatable doll but she's been deflated and under my bed ever since I got my TPE doll.
Lets hope she doesn't develop a leak
If she has a tpe insert left in the whole time she may already have damage. The tpr tpe inserts make the vinyl very hard inside where the tpe and vinyl have contact with one another.

It made the vinyl inside hard and brittle. If it is left in while stored you can have problems.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS