Internal doll structure

Post by nos4a2 »

deleted

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Nos4a2,

IMO it is a bit overdone for the doll the things you want to do, and very very difficult too.
When stuffing a doll using a skeleton you have as you know to go the "build a ship in a bottle" approach.
Every work on the skeleton has to be done through her neck.
So when you put that big objects into the doll you haven't any room to screw e.g. her pelvis bolts. I think you don't manage this even with a compression bag.
Remember that stuffing has to be done quite hard others the doll cannot bear you unless if you manage to make it 100% airthight and I think
that won't. Parts inserted with a compression bag compress too much when you lay on the doll I think so it won't work.
Simply stuff it up as hard as possible with simple pieces of stuff, for a Latex doll use fibrofill and nothing else else it reacts with the latex and you'll get mess! You can use polyether or other stuff for your vinyl doll.
Further I think such beatifull skeleton is a bit overdone for a latex or vinyl doll.
These dolls are as they are and can be a bit improved, but you can't get them more beautiful as Ramsdales dolls, even if you use such sophisticated skeleton.
So IMO don't do this, go to a hardware shop and buy some simple pvc piping, use two little turnable transport wheels for your pelvis *remove the wheel, the legbone comes in plase*
So build something simular to Nicks Ramsdale skeleton is imo the best idea if you want to have a doll that can stand supported.
Even stuffing a doll without a skeleton is not a bad idea.
Go the KISS approach!
I have had great fun with the Lorissa doll, at zero costs (the Lorissa was an irrepairable leaky doll of 1 year old, and I had some pillows with the foam I didn't use).
So you haven't to do all this effort.
If you do, make such beautifull skeleton...go then till the max, build the doll then further up in this way, maybe by using a mold and fill the rest out with silicone.
Then you may get a better doll as a stuffed doll.

Mytime
One dream, one mission...

Nada

Post by Nada »

... Hi guys!!!

To me, we are all correct from our own unique perspectives. :)

For a realistic and totally"do-able" doll, I would have to say that Nick of Ramsdale has the floor, so to speak.

And, if you want "smoother" limbs, simply, use much thinner and perhaps softer foam-sheeting to create a rounded tube-structure within each limb's section and this would be quite a bit like Nick's torso example, but in a miniature scale with your "Saran Wrap Muscles" acting as the "Lines of Force" for her body's, final, firmness...

(But, maybe, round the outer cylinder's ends, inwards to soften them?) And then, perhaps, IF these rounded edges could be smoothly CRUSHED together with another rounded piece of foam, from the INSIDE, then you might have a fairly un-noticed seam, remaining?

And THEN,,, in the remaining center,,, add your pipe-insulation foam structure, followed by your nice but NOT PERFECT "foam and Saran Wrap muscles" with a small bit of loose foam to LOCK it all in place.

(To bore the old members, here and on LDC, I wanted factory-made soft foam pieces for our latex dolls, almost 3 years ago.) And make them, somewhat "hollow" with firm and smooth plastic socket-ends and we would be talking about "Basic Doll Robotics", right about now, with a latex skin acting as, both, the "Muscle and the Glue", you might say. :)

And, with each foam limb-piece having a simple matching ball-and-socket "joint", you could probably say "Goodbye" to requiring an internal-structure for you basic bed-room " Love Doll".

(To me, after holding a FUN and very flexible doggie-position, why in the world, would you care about her, simply, standing around like a fashion-model :?: )

... Jim Nada...
(The "Better Love Doll",,, FIRST,,, and then a "Love Statue"...) 8)

biscaynenick
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Internal doll structure

Post by biscaynenick »

Found this in the archives from over 10 years ago, I am curious to know what new methods and ideas have surfaced for inner doll structure, frames, skeletons, when stuffing an old Airbabe. I like the idea of using pool flotation noodles as a base before stuffing. seems like it would be sturdy enough to get a doll to stand, and rigid enough to keep a metal coat hanger wire from poking through. I'd like to see if I can get a doll to hold a pose !

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

That's pretty kool to re-open a 13 year old post - things sure have changed since then - be curious to know how many members remain from then and are still active - :idea:

Here is a thing that didn't really happen back then - the massive amount of readily available TPE "&" Polyester-Fabric made dolls - that in many ways make these science project designs obsolete - sure you're not going to get a TPE or Fabric solid doll @ inflatable price but if not done right this can still become an expensive road to go down unless you have lots of patience and willing to invest much time and Shillings when things don't go down right

By all means if a good science project is your goal - at the end of the day you can say - hey I made this - well then - that's way kool

Inflatable dolls - don't do well in the long term as solid dolls - I have in the past seen some extreme make overs - but rarely do they make long term sex toys - maybe I am mistaken - but I can't seem to remember seeing that much of conversions that translate to long term

Maybe instead exploration with inflatables - with then a move to TPE or Polyester-Fabric at a latter time would be better served - :?:

Good luck with your doll quest

biscaynenick
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by biscaynenick »

Currently I straddle the fence on a number of things. I really enjoy doll building and have always been fascinated by special effects. At a young age I always wanted to incorporate special effects, Halloween props, into my female doll desires. Collecting parts, mods, improvements, has become another model building hobby for me. I've just completed my first textile doll (a little on the heavy side) but she fits women's size 8-10 clothes like a glove ! So now I can check it off my list, BTW I'm already acquiring parts for another (improved) model. I had Recently done my first stuff job on an air babe that had some fatal tunnel damage, I ended up just saving her for parts for a future project (for some reason I want to keep this one pneumatic) just wasn't the same stuffed, to agree with the die-hard pro-air crowd ! hahaha ! I got pretty heavy into female mannequins, but they get expensive quick, and sure take up the space. I have 21 girls in my bedroom and not much room for much else !!!
But more and more I'm getting hooked on air gals, I mean some of them are just perfect as is !!! It seems like eye color, and wigs make so much more of a change on an air babe than a mannequin ? It just seems like fiberglass locks in the personality ! I'm by no means struggling to figure things out, I just have a curiosity for trade-craft, new, and old ideas. The Quest Has Brought Me Here !!!!

magoruk

Post by magoruk »

Hi, I have 3 things to this topic.

1) The inflatable doll is the most happy, when she is filled by air only. All damages can be repaired and making non-inflatable doll form inflatable is usually degradation.

2) Today we live in age of solid dolls. Technology of skeletons, filling materials, jelly or solid parts is very advanced now. If one wants a solid doll, it needs a decision - buy one from professionals (lot of companies) or make own. If second option is selected, you need to find how to produce all parts of doll from zero. Only this way will be best.

3) There is a project of making solid doll from inflatable one, published in China http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3111033506?pn=0& (WARNING !!! You can see what you won't. I am sad for this doll.)
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13129
How it looks in a heaven? The heaven it is the same world as our, with one exception. You can live with your doll there and the doll is ideal. The ideal doll means, that there are no any technical, practical or social problems concerned with her. And what about a hell? The hell don't exist. Every place will turn to a heaven, if you will be with your doll there. Because she is a part of your personality, she will be always with you.

biscaynenick
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by biscaynenick »

Wow ! Thanks for the link. Interesting knee joint to say the least. I couldn't agree with you more on feeling sorry for that doll. I translated the pages and read the whole thing through, Those guys are as crazy as shit-house rats !!! So glad to be here on TDF !!!

INFORMATIONS