DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

My visit with Patrick and now waiting for my Spinner

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

My visit with Patrick and now waiting for my Spinner

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

I have been watching developments of Patrick's new spinner doll with great interest. Everything about the new Lexi model just left me in awe. She has a perfect weight (about 42#), great petite size and figure, and a knockout face!

If you are in the market for American made, high-end, artisticly and meticulously designed and sculpted dolls, we have very few options. For those of us lucky enough to live in or travel through the DELMARVA (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia) area, we have Private Island Beauties and Patrick.
http://privateislandbeauties.com

Since Lexi practically had me at hello, I thought I should see for myself how Patrick's works of art set him apart. Patrick has a nice facility tucked away in Manasas Virginia. I made a lunchtime appointment to visit his private studio mid-week. His staff includes the talented and exotic Sara and an adorable little terrier- "Rocky". These three have the perfect job! They are literally surrounded by a setting of gorgeous silicone dolls in various stages of manufacturing. Legs, butts, and boobs everywhere (oh my)! There are castings and body molds sitting on chairs and benches. Some of Patrick's original drawings adorn the walls. Patrick aside from being an all round nice guy, was a professional painter and sculptor in a former life (prior to love dolls). Economic recessions and some hard times became the muse for the idea of merging art and sex. After some exhausting trial and errors, his efforts evolved into a good living and respectable business.

Some of his creations are made by meticulous sculpting clay, putty or plaster....all by hand. Others are inspired from live model casting. It's obvious they are always in the midst of designing, sculpting, casting and creating something new and wonderful. It's like wandering through Willy Wonkas sex shop! If you are in driving distance I highly recommended making an appointment.

Upon entering his studio, I was surprised that there was NO hint of chemical odors or fumes! Even one TPE doll can sometime chase you out of the room from off-gassing. Not here....There were at least 3 dolls being completed and several heads and body molds! Pictures from his web-site are true and need no photoshopping. These dolls are just as breathtaking in real life. His proprietary platinum-cured silicone when powdered is silky smooth. He has been able to adjust the silicone softness in various locations to offer strength and realism. For instance, the fingers are now reinforced with a firmer and stronger blend to prevent finger-wire pokes. Breast can be optioned to be extra-soft. Without having to be gel-filled these extra-soft breasts are very realistic to touch, squeeze and jiggle. I'm not even a boob-man (I'm a confirmed card-carrying LEG man), and I was highly impressed.

He is starting to convert older PVC skeletons to foam wrapped aluminum tubes. Wires are still the main method of joints and giving unparalleled flexibility. This has improved body structure strength without adding weight. Joints have a nice blend of strength for light body positioning or support (like sitting up or leaning back on arms) and range of motion. His dolls are in a constant state of evolution and improvement. These are not static creations that roll off a production line. Each commissioned order lets Sarah and Patrick make refinements and updates.

I got to see, handle and hold a demo spinner doll. Seeing her (or any of Patrick's dolls) in person leaves you with the impression of a real (sexy) presence. Yes, she knew she had me hook, line and spinner! Sara and Patrick interviewed me extensively to ensure they understood what I liked and what options I wanted. We traded information, no sales pressure, or up-selling. They have a several week backlog (about 2 months), and I only see them getting busier. I slept on it to make sure the decision would stick (of course it did), and finalized the order the next day.

My only recommendation is that they create photos representing all the options. Their website has placeholder images only. However during my visit to their shop, it was clear how difficult it would be to have samples on hand for each and every option. I get the feeling that Sara actually customizes the dolls quite a bit to give you the perfect look. They seem very willing to make every attempt to match a particular look or desired characteristic.

Overall, it was my experience that PIB goes the extra distance to meet the needs and expectations of a high-end doll collector. These are unique pieces of art (that you can have sex with) and IMHO are commensurate to their price-point. I'll keep this thread updated as things progress.

:glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: My visit with Patrick and now waiting for my Spinner

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Oh I suppose I should detail what I ordered;

Lexi head non-oral (with no Head/neck bolt). {Heads are ingeniously affixed to the body by propitiatory neck assembly that combines suction and friction of silicone on silicone}.
Eyes - Victorian Blue
Skin - Creme Blush No Freckles,
Pubic Hair - Shaved,
Fixed vagina-no labia lips (hopefully detailed a nice blush matching her cheeks) :oops:
Areola - Dark Pink,
Eye Brows - Thin and Dark, Eye Liner - Thin and Black, Eye Shadow - Hint of Brown
Hair Color - Red, Hair Style - Shoulder Length Wavy
Lip Color - Red, Fingernails - Acrylic French Manicure
> Options [Add Fingerwires, Add Super Soft Breasts]

:plaidskirt:
Sin's Sanctum
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Nice! Congrats on your great purchase.

Spinner heads had me speechless too when I first saw them (not live). Especially the Bree head. After my Textile Doll arrives, I'm going to confirm that the body fits a Bree head in every possible way and place an order.

Not sure what it is exactly in Patrick's heads that set them so much apart for me but they are absolutely stunning.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Also I'm jealous that you got to see all the dolls and the makers live. Must've been a really great experience.

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

dullahan wrote:Nice! Congrats on your great purchase.

Spinner heads had me speechless too when I first saw them (not live). Especially the Bree head. After my Textile Doll arrives, I'm going to confirm that the body fits a Bree head in every possible way and place an order.

Not sure what it is exactly in Patrick's heads that set them so much apart for me but they are absolutely stunning.
Thanx for your interest!

The Bree and Lexi head may conceivably work on a smaller (140cm) textile doll like the Dagmar or Happy dolls. Patrick's spinner doll heads are very pliable. I believe there is a smaller solid core surrounded by a lot of silicone. You can adjust eyes from the outside (as normal) or reaching some fingers up inside the neck-seam line and adjust eyes from inside the socket. This helps reduce damage to fragile eyelashes or makeup. It's a completely different construction from the typical LARGE solid core doll heads (like WM dolls or even Sanhui or DS). These spinner heads are very petite and small yet scaled perfectly for the body size. While the oral head option is available, it was a major feat of magic, sculpting and engineering to do so in such a small area. I do hope that Patrick can get you matched with a good head option. They are indeed lovely.
Sin's Sanctum

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:
dullahan wrote:Nice! Congrats on your great purchase.

Thanx for your interest!

The Bree and Lexi head may conceivably work on a smaller (140cm) textile doll like the Dagmar or Happy dolls. Patrick's spinner doll heads are very pliable. I believe there is a smaller solid core surrounded by a lot of silicone. You can adjust eyes from the outside (as normal) or reaching some fingers up inside the neck-seam line and adjust eyes from inside the socket. This helps reduce damage to fragile eyelashes or makeup. It's a completely different construction from the typical LARGE solid core doll heads (like WM dolls or even Sanhui or DS). These spinner heads are very petite and small yet scaled perfectly for the body size. While the oral head option is available, it was a major feat of magic, sculpting and engineering to do so in such a small area. I do hope that Patrick can get you matched with a good head option. They are indeed lovely.
Thank you for sharing more about the flexibility and the eye controls. Both have been on my mind but the flexibility even more because the neck attachment will be a very tight fit. Eyelashes have been a worry as well, even though they are easy to replace.

I've asked both Patrick and previous owners of my Textile Doll model for measurements and if everyone gave me even roundabout correct measurements, my doll's default heads are almost the same size as the spinner head. This sounds very weird to me, since my doll is real-sized (165cm) but the only difference in face size is about 5% in width according to the measurements provided. Length is exactly the same from the chin to top. Again, this sounds rather unreal so I'm waiting for my doll to arrive first so I can measure things myself. I just hope the measurements work since Bree head left me downright speechless the first time I saw the picture of it.

I had been wondering about the oral capability because there really isn't much room there. But I assume the cavity goes upwards to make up for the lack of space.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Yes the oral cavity does go upwards. As with most dolls when giving oral....her face may distort during fellatio.

Also forgot to mention that Patrick's dolls' vagina all have the option of fixed vagina or removable inserts. The inserts are supper soft! I think insertable option may also impact anal characteristics on the smaller dolls....ask Patrick for details.

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:Yes the oral cavity does go upwards. As with most dolls when giving oral....her face may distort during fellatio.

Also forgot to mention that Patrick's dolls' vagina all have the option of fixed vagina or removable inserts. The inserts are supper soft! I think insertable option may also impact anal characteristics on the smaller dolls....ask Patrick for details.

I kinda wish there's a way the future dolls have around it like how real human mouth is.
Sanhui does it. Look at the 165+ Addeline. She can do fellatio without any distort and everything feels realistic. I guess not all dollmakers share similar goals to get the dolls oral capable with this lack of conclusion. Going up would distort. I understand the need to go up as our Johnsons are standing up and ease for that. But let's be real here. Woman mouth doesn't function like that. They have to face down, in able to look at you up, will up to pull your Johnsons with her mouth.

hehe :haha4:
DOLLAVIDALOCA

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:Yes the oral cavity does go upwards. As with most dolls when giving oral....her face may distort during fellatio.

Yeah especially with such a small face, I'm sure there will be a bit of "eye-popping" and distortion. It really can't be helped. Though I'll be mostly using the head for kidding and maybe photography if the skin tone is not too far off from my doll body.

Patrick's inserts are a bit small for my doll in diameter. The cavity is designed for fleshlights and onaholes and the likes. But I bet they will be really great with the spinner body.

What did you think of the current Spinner skeleton in general? Does it move and pose realistically or is it like its made of wire? Does it bend only from joints?

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

RJAce1014 wrote:

I kinda wish there's a way the future dolls have around it like how real human mouth is.
Sanhui does it. Look at the 165+ Addeline. She can do fellatio without any distort and everything feels realistic. I guess not all dollmakers share similar goals to get the dolls oral capable with this lack of conclusion. Going up would distort. I understand the need to go up as our Johnsons are standing up and ease for that. But let's be real here. Woman mouth doesn't function like that. They have to face down, in able to look at you up, will up to pull your Johnsons with her mouth.

hehe :haha4:
I was thinking that it going upwards would make for easier insertion and make the logistic better. Of course, the drastic difference in angle could make the activity look a lot different than it's in real life. With PiB, in order for the cavity to go downwards, the parts would need to go inside the neck attachment, which is just not practical.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

dullahan wrote: I was thinking that it going upwards would make for easier insertion and make the logistic better. Of course, the drastic difference in angle could make the activity look a lot different than it's in real life. With PiB, in order for the cavity to go downwards, the parts would need to go inside the neck attachment, which is just not practical.
You are correct.....for the neck assembly to incorporate and oral cavity would be tricky (and likely only work in specific alignments).

As for the PIB skeleton, the joints are comprised of multiple lengths of stranded flexible wires. I did see some length of wire sections at the shop, they are structurally substantial. I would relate them to a high-end power extension cord. I have never had an extension cord break on me due to frequent bending. This gives a "loose joint" feel but she is not "rag doll flappy". These dolls can sit up straight. Arms have enough "strength and tone" to prop herselfup on her arms. Legs can be crossed sexily or spread like a flexible acrobats. She will not stand, and arms, legs, hands or feet should not be used to "pull" a doll into position. Dolls should be picked up by the torso and limbs gathered accordingly. Unlike Real dolls (who look like they are often stuck in a perpetual "cowboy stance", PIB dolls naturally settle into sexy feminine positions and poses.

My visit affirmed that PIB is a quality doll that should last many years with proper care.
Sin's Sanctum

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:
dullahan wrote: As for the PIB skeleton, the joints are comprised of multiple lengths of stranded flexible wires. I did see some length of wire sections at the shop, they are structurally substantial. I would relate them to a high-end power extension cord. I have never had an extension cord break on me due to frequent bending. This gives a "loose joint" feel but she is not "rag doll flappy". These dolls can sit up straight. Arms have enough "strength and tone" to prop herselfup on her arms. Legs can be crossed sexily or spread like a flexible acrobats. She will not stand, and arms, legs, hands or feet should not be used to "pull" a doll into position. Dolls should be picked up by the torso and limbs gathered accordingly. Unlike Real dolls (who look like they are often stuck in a perpetual "cowboy stance", PIB dolls naturally settle into sexy feminine positions and poses.

My visit affirmed that PIB is a quality doll that should last many years with proper care.
That's great to hear about the durability. Especially considering few of the topics of late that got quite heated.

At least in photos the PiB's always seem to be at really alluring positions and they do seem natural. That I agree with. I am a fan of more loose joints and PiB's are always seemed to be designed for play rather than posing.

Also Patrick explained to me that even though the skeleton is from wires, it won't bend from weird places. Only from where the joints are. That's great to hear.

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Greetings -

From my shoot of Shelby on the Couch here's a good pic of my Spinner Shelbys flexibility -

And yes, I thus confirm, Sara rocks! :-)

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Sins...it was such a pleasure showing you the shop. We are going to clone you. I appreciate your post relating your visit. Everyone is more than welcome! Sara has been in the background for so long...I think she really appreciated your mention. She does indeed ROCK!
I don't think we even showed you the back room that is full of head molds. Sometimes I miss our big studio...but this one is cozy....and my garden is just outside the door.
Thanks again...
Patrick and Sara

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

And...thanks so much Agent D for your great pics.
Shelby has a great home!
Enjoy...

INFORMATIONS