DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Not really underfstanding the skeletal construction

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
pepe4158

Not really underfstanding the skeletal construction

Post by pepe4158 »

Can some one informed explain it to me?

pictures would be great...but if not just explain

I talked to Patrick and he explained its not your usual nut and bolt joint....so it kind of went over my head

I should have asked more but he spent a lot of time as it was and was very patient....i should have focused more on that as i am really confused now

Agent D

Re: Not really underfstanding the skeletal construction

Post by Agent D »

Greetings- Think of their flexibility and skelaton as being more like A full size bendy gumby doll. Its all bendable, Except, the legs and shoulders will not hold the bend. Mainly due to the attachment method and or the weight of the arm or leg. But lighter, smaller limb sections can like elbow or sort of knees. The neck, on the other hand is very stiff and holds a bend well. You can look up loose vs tight joint dolls to get a good comparison. Bottom line is, you have to get creative about posing PIB skeletons. But if you want to roll around in the sack, then they are WAY more accommodating. And you still great posability, just consider the little extra effort foreplay! :-)
Shelby on the couch

pepe4158

Post by pepe4158 »

thks....which one is that?...i mean is it the spinner model or another?

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Shelby is the Spinner, lexi face (non-oral).

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

My very basic and simplified understanding is this:
For example, a leg has a knees joint with a upper thigh and lower calf.
This anatomy is represented by two separate pvc pipes with a couple lengths of of wire ran down the center of the pipes. The wires give connection and flexibility at the knee joint between the pipes joint. Now the pipe "bones" are encased in silicone....wahlah! A doll leg!

Patrick would probably be able to give a much better discription , and hopefully Patrick won't ban me for the gross oversimplification of his art.

SexTypeThing
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SexTypeThing »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:My very basic and simplified understanding is this:
For example, a leg has a knees joint with a upper thigh and lower calf.
This anatomy is represented by two separate pvc pipes with a couple lengths of of wire ran down the center of the pipes. The wires give connection and flexibility at the knee joint between the pipes joint. Now the pipe "bones" are encased in silicone....wahlah! A doll leg!

Patrick would probably be able to give a much better discription , and hopefully Patrick won't ban me for the gross oversimplification of his art.
I admire the beauty of his work, faces are very realistic but the engineering is poor. Those PVC pipes edges need to be sand down or be covered with other softer plastic or rubber so the PVC won't eat the silicone away (which happens after a few months or a few years depending of the use), this "eating" is due to friction and movement. I just bought a Dec. 2014 and she is gorgeous, softer (much softer then previous years). Finger pokes are still inevitable and the neck fails sometimes, specially when moving her around. I hope the newer models are more durable. Love the sex part and the killer legs. Patrick is a great artist, just needs to improve the skeleton and the doll will be a knock out.

STT

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

I have asked this skeleton from PIB, but nothing answers.
I do not want "as spring effect" (Sanhui 125, table lamb foot skeleton). It is flexible but not hold position because
example thigh returns by "spring effect".
Loose skeleton is good if it has not "spring effect".
Sorry if this unclear, English is not my mother language.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Some manufacturers use "bungee cord" instead of wires. Bungee cords are elastic like rubber bands and give that "snap" back to a straight position. Alternatively the wires give you the capability of holding positions. Both methods have their pros and cons and depends on what your needs are.

INFORMATIONS