DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Complaint regarding Private Island Beauties

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
ric1853
Ex-Member

Complaint regarding Private Island Beauties

Post by ric1853 »

I've had three P.I.B., and they all have developed the same problems, I wouldn't recommend them no matter what site you buy them from.

Note from Management: OP has been requested to provide pics to be compliant with Rule 10 of the Forum's ROC
My Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11918<br /><br />

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Is the pib doll website a scam

Post by blindwebster »

ric1853 wrote:I've had three P.I.B., and they all have developed the same problems, I wouldn't recommend them no matter what site you buy them from.
That is quite the change coming from you, Ric. You used to be one of the most ardent supporters around these parts with your Destiny. What happened?

ric1853
Ex-Member

Post by ric1853 »

Blindwebster,I still think PIB are beautiful but they don't hold up well especially if you use them for pics,they have wire skeletons inside of thin pvc pipe and wire breaks over time where you bend it like the elbows, knees, wrists anywhere you have a joint and when that happens the wire tears though the silcone, then you have a big ugly tear you have to try and repair. That why I don't take pics of Destiny anymore and that's why I removed them from the PIB fourm, the last one I bought was a 2014 model supposedly had improved skeletons but I've had the same problems with it, plus I had one of the pvc pipes break about 6inch above the knee I have no idea how that happened, plus quite a bit of delamination of the silcone on different parts of her body. It's really a shame I really enjoyed taking pics of Destiny and sharing them but now she just lays in my bed is only move her when i change the sheets, the one I had with a enhanced skeleton set in chair for the same reasons, the first one a 2010 model just basically fell apart.
As I said before Destiny is beautiful but 5000 or 6000 is a lot for something that just lasts around 2yrs and after that your afraid to move them because you don't want to cause any more damage, I never had any trouble lifting her I've lifted weights since I was a young man and I still do, I never dropped her let her bump into any thing and was always very careful, but still the damage happened because wire eventually break and so does things pvc pipe.
Now this is just my experience with PIC'S not everyone's may be the same.
My Doll Album

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Since Ricks last doll we have put in place an enhanced system. It doubles the strength of the joints. We have had zero problems with it. Recently a few finger wire pokes happened with a couple collectors but we were able to resolve that.
Any doll has its limits.
I believe we now have a wonderfully life like feel with a sturdy skeleton.
Every week we tweek things. Just recently we created a new way to attach the finger wires so as to avoid and possible problems. It takes years to develop these changes. We have.
P

ric1853
Ex-Member

Post by ric1853 »

That's great to hear Patrick, but if remember right you did that in 2014 too. I never had any problems with finger pokes,just joint tears and delamination to on the 2014.
As I said earlier my experience may not reflect other PIB owners ,I took a lot of pics of Destiny I'd say you have at least 20 or more of her on your PIB website and me taking those pics and moving her around may have been to much for the wire in her skeleton all wire will break sooner or later where it bends that's just a fact. Now I do still believe that you make the most beautiful dolls out there ,are you still using wire and pvc for the skeleton?
All the best
Ric
My Doll Album

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Is the pibdoll website a scam

Post by toonist »

Your pics were always wonderful. We took great pride in them and were happy that you found her to be such a companion and model. I think you found more in your doll than anyone. I do recall needing to repair the dog bite chunks taken from your doll.
We are still using pvc...but no longer drilling any holes though it ( which we found could give a weak area)...and the wire is completely different now. 2 yrs. is a lifetime of changes.
We are aware of the potential for wire fatigue, but I believe our system does a fantastic job of compensating for that. The potential is almost nill. We have spread out the focal point...and it works.
The delamination issues were yrs ago. That hasn't been an issue for ages.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. P

ric1853
Ex-Member

Post by ric1853 »

That's good to know, but all wire breaks sooner or later where it bends that's a fact you or I can't change that just this the way it is and about the delamination my 2014 model has quite a bit on the left side and tummy but again my experiences may not reflect all PIB' I'm just speaking from my experience I may have just got a bad one. I still think Destiny is beautiful even with her flaws and that Patrick is a gifted artist.

Ric
My Doll Album

DollAdict
Former Member

Re: Complaint regarding Private Island Beauties

Post by DollAdict »

Give the man a new doll for free. Think about when buy a new Mercedes or Hummer that break down beyond repair after just 2 years. Then we talk again, i can hear you curse all over the pond.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

On other threads that mention wires breaking, weight, or other issues, I've floated the idea that manufacturers should offer torso versions of dolls in addition to full-sized dolls.

Would that be something to consider?
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have had 2 PIB doll bodies. 2012 and 2016. The 2016 BB had only one finger poke while she was in my care but did get 2 others during her journey to her new companion. The 2012 body I had first, had exactly what Ric describes. The left wrist joint in both the 2012 and 2016 broke. The 2012 through fatigue I assume; and the 2016 during her trip like the additional finger pokes. The 2012 belly/boob layer de-laminated just a smidge maybe 2mm deep by a cm long in 2 spots on the her right side. I was able to easily silpoxy that back. The 2016 is fine. Both girls developed small tears in the crotch area that I was able to patch with silicone and tinted silpoxy. I will link to pics from the 2016 sale thread below. I do not have pics of the 2012

I'd like anyone reading this thread to note Patrick's sincerity, concern and timeliness in his responses. Anyone who has spoken to him on the telephone or met him in person as I have will understand what I am talking about. Recently, we have seen other doll manufacturers on this forum publicly respond quite discourteously and without regard for their customers. Anytime I have communicated with Patrick for repair advice or general questions he has always responded quickly and with great care. Ric and I have taken great care with our gals and both truly appreciate Patrick's artistry. I GREATLY admire Ric and Destiny's photos and always strived to achieve that quality of image with Marina. Nothing I am sharing is meant to be contradictory of anything Ric is sharing with us, but just adding my experience.

Marina 2016 was the softest, most realistic feeling silicone doll to hold in your arms that you could imagine. That classic curvy Bathing Beauty physique is just stunning. The only reason she is no longer with me is that I am much more into doll photography that I ever imagined. While the new PIB skeleton is indeed more pose-able and resilient than previous incarnations; she could not hold poses I needed her hold. I was afraid to try some poses for the reasons Ric states regarding breaking the wires. Though I understand the GND body for weight reasons is even more pose-able.
That being said, I have no regrets and I am glad I had the experience with my PIB that I did.

Link to the photos of what was mentioned above. Per ROC, though I am not complaining.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=77634
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

foxfingers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by foxfingers »

I currently have an order in for a PIB. Therefore, a topic such as this would naturally be of great interest to me. I mean... they're not cheap, right?

That being said, I find the opening post by the OP completely unsatisfactory. No examples, no photos and a terse two sentence post that looks like a 13 year old trolling Reddit. I don't own a PIB yet, so I can't speak to the charges levied at the doll maker. I can say that the original post doesn't make any case I feel compelled by.

Please provide some evidence when attempting to dissuade a consumer from a particular product. Thanks!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Unfortunately, the more complex a doll gets, the more things that can go wrong.
Want a doll w/ different grades of softness for breast, butt and stomach, gel implants, etc. Then realise there may be issues that have to be repaired. This is with all dolls.
Patrick could just cast the doll in hard silicone and say "There ya go" but screwing a radial tire vs a PIB? You make the call.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

foxfingers wrote:I currently have an order in for a PIB. Therefore, a topic such as this would naturally be of great interest to me. I mean... they're not cheap, right?

That being said, I find the opening post by the OP completely unsatisfactory. No examples, no photos and a terse two sentence post that looks like a 13 year old trolling Reddit. I don't own a PIB yet, so I can't speak to the charges levied at the doll maker. I can say that the original post doesn't make any case I feel compelled by.

Please provide some evidence when attempting to dissuade a consumer from a particular product. Thanks!
Please read the all of the posts in the thread carefully and the dialogue between Ric and Patrick. If you ordered a doll recently and are waiting for a 2016 PIB, I am sure you will be pleased. Note any doll has its limits. Since are you very new to the TDF and mainly active in the plush sections, you may want to do little more reading on silicone doll care and use. These dolls are not inexpensive and require care in regular handling and use.

Meanwhile feel free to read my review of my 2016 PIB BB here:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 46&t=69188 I hope it is very helpful to you. Since this isn't Reddit, keep your posts about dolls and not the members. Just some friendly advice.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

dreamerx07

Post by dreamerx07 »

foxfingers wrote:I currently have an order in for a PIB. Therefore, a topic such as this would naturally be of great interest to me. I mean... they're not cheap, right?

The doll maker itself as well as another owner did not ask for proof as the op concerns make sense. So why are you? If the skeletons were made w wires they will certainly break over time a bit faster due mult poses for photos etc..easy to understand. I like the bip looks n hope new ones r built w actual metal skeleton. More weights imo on a very lifelike doll shouldnt be a prob.

foxfingers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by foxfingers »

dreamerx07 wrote:

The doll maker itself as well as another owner did not ask for proof as the op concerns make sense. So why are you? If the skeletons were made w wires they will certainly break over time a bit faster due mult poses for photos etc..easy to understand. I like the bip looks n hope new ones r built w actual metal skeleton. More weights imo on a very lifelike doll shouldnt be a prob.
It says in the original post that The Management is requesting pics to substantiate the claim the OP has made.

Anyways, whatever. I'm sure the doll I ordered will be fine.

INFORMATIONS