DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

A Few Weeks with a Private Island Beauty - A Review

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
Zarnon
Former Member

Re: A Few Weeks with a Private Island Beauty - A Review

Post by Zarnon »

netwit wrote:Well done, Zarnon. Thanks for the info. Makes me long even more for my doll. Also, glad to hear that she lived up to most of your expectations. I saw you mentioned kissing; did you get the tongue feature?
You know, he did. There's a small airleak somewhere which I'm going to fix. The tongue is slightly too long. I'll go very slowly and try. The lips are incredibly kissable and so I haven't been in such a hurry! :D
Are you considering strengthening the neck like the CharlieW Fix, if it's a design issue?
Yeah! I forgot about that. For some reason mine won't hold the head upright at all (maybe because with the neck bolt she's slightly forward at the torso). I'll pop a few pics. I think this is one area Patrick could really improve. I'll try the coathanger solution but it would be nice to have some workable neck option right out of the box.
Photos would be nice A great detailed review, Zarnon.
Makes me even more excited about placing my spring order when my funds start rolling in. Photos would be nice ;)
Heh, guilty. I haven't taken pics of any of my new arrivals other than the Ruby head. I just did a spring cleaning on the living room so now's the time. I will see what time I get home tonight and maybe try a few. The morning light works best and I have to shoo my GF out because she's a buzzkill as far as dolls are concerned.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

Orbits
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Orbits »

Good details in the review, thanks.

Your ~2 months for delivery sounds acceptable.

Right now I am at about 15 weeks and I have no idea when I will take delivery....I don't even think the doll has been completed. Last time I checked I was 4th on the list. Frankly, there is no way I would order again without some sort of guaranteed ship date. First impressions are everything as they say.....but I am keeping an open mind because I know this is basically custom art work and not mass production. After waiting all this time I suspect I will be REALLY picky, so my fingers are crossed and I hope the wait and money were worth it. I'll post a review.

Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, etc......

Guitar Boy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Guitar Boy »

Orbits wrote: Your ~2 months for delivery sounds acceptable.
Right now I am at about 15 weeks and I have no idea when I will take delivery....I don't even think the doll has been completed. Last time I checked I was 4th on the list. Frankly, there is no way I would order again without some sort of guaranteed ship date. First impressions are everything as they say.....but I am keeping an open mind because I know this is basically custom art work and not mass production. After waiting all this time I suspect I will be REALLY picky, so my fingers are crossed and I hope the wait and money were worth it. I'll post a review.
Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, etc......
I am glad to see that I am not alone here Orbits.
I could have written your post except I'm 19 weeks + and still no word of a ship date.
(Although, my Candice Michelle may take a bit longer because I have specified many customizations.)
I'm not receiving any response to my emails or PM's either.
This is frustrating and it's giving me stress that I don't need...
BUT, if she is THE most beautiful, perfect and flawless thing I have ever seen (and that's what I expect) then these things won't matter.
Are we there yet? Nope, not yet.
GB :|
Jenny Lynn...
My First and Most Precious Angel

Click on this photo to see all of my girls.
They are made for Love and to be Loved...
To Have and to Hold, to Love and to Cherish.

Thatsme

Post by Thatsme »

Orbits wrote:Good details in the review, thanks.

Your ~2 months for delivery sounds acceptable.

Right now I am at about 15 weeks and I have no idea when I will take delivery....I don't even think the doll has been completed. Last time I checked I was 4th on the list.

Hey Orbits. So if your 4th on the list does mean its not yet started?

HoneyDoo

Post by HoneyDoo »

I don't have a doll yet but these are things that give me pause.

I said when I first got here that if people didn't have to pay upfront for these types of products, the manufactuers would work extra hard to make sure they delivered quality products in the timelnines advertised so they could get paid. I am not saying there is anyting going on here. The manufactuer might just be extremely busy. But I can understand if someone ordered a product where it is advertised as an 8 week delivery and they had to wait 19 weeks and such. I would be a little unhappy as well, even more so if I wasn't getting responses to e-mails. One should be fair to the manufacturer and give them some slack if something comes up. But if they know they are backed up, they should adjust their advertised delivery date if they can't meet a deadline. That is only fair to the consumer, IMO. As a small business owner, I know that its little things like this that can hurt the business. You have to be upfront or a consumer will think, what else is possibly not stated accurately? If I tell a customer I can have their product in a week, I will have it in a week or write them immediately to let them know of a delay. One thing I learned about business is, how you deal with the customer is just as important as, and in some cases more important than, the product itself and it inlfuences the long-term success of a business more than the product. The last thing you want are people on the internet asking other customers what position they think they are in a queue. The business should tell them.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

In fairness, I know at least two of three posters in this thread have requested upgrades/changes that the other makers would have blown off, couldn't do, or would have charged a premium price for.
Also, there are other makers who are apparently years late with purchased dolls (and not just the obvious maker either).
So far I haven't heard many complaints about the quality of the PIB dolls for the passed year, and I'm willing to wait for my requests to be fulfilled.

Also, I ordered dinette chairs with casters, paid up front (who doesn't pay up front for merchandise?) and the order is already 3 weeks overdue. It's not just dolls that are late.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

HoneyDoo

Post by HoneyDoo »

Netwit wrote:In fairness, I know at least two of three posters in this thread have requested upgrades/changes that the other makers would have blown off, couldn't do, or would have charged a premium price for.
Also, there are other makers who are apparently years late with purchased dolls (and not just the obvious maker either).
So far I haven't heard many complaints about the quality of the PIB dolls for the passed year, and I'm willing to wait for my requests to be fulfilled.

Also, I ordered dinette chairs with casters, paid up front (who doesn't pay up front for merchandise?) and the order is already 3 weeks overdue. It's not just dolls that are late.
I am not saying everyting is always on time. Far from it. Stuff happens. But if a business knows it really is going to take much more than X days to deliver a product with a given spec, a customer should not be told as such. Apaprently, these guys are saying they were told it would take 8 weeks. Some busines' out there will tell you what you want to hear to get the sale when they ask for the money. I am NOT saying thats happeneing here but IMO a manufactuer should be very upfront on estimates and should not advertise something about estimated dates if they know it is not possible. IMO this is more about truth in advertising rather than delays, which as you said, happen sometimes.

Guitar Boy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Guitar Boy »

At this point, I cannot, will not and am not saying anything negative about PIB or Patrick.
I admire his work, he makes absolutely gorgeous works of art, one by one.
That's why I ordered one.
As I said, mine will probably take a bit longer due to my extensive customization.
Although it has been longer than I had anticipated, I suspect that the wait shall be worth it.
The times that we have communicated, he has been easy going, helpful and a gentleman.
The only problem I have is the lack of communication as my doll reaches completion.
There could be many reasons for this, so until I find out what's happening, I won't make any accusations.

Patrick, if you read this, please contact me.

GB

Edit:
I was just thinking... I spoke to Matt McMullen once.
He was the same: easy going, helpful and a gentleman.
I admire and respect both of these men.
They both have created some truly wonderful things.
One (Matt) has brought so much joy into my life via Jenny and Jessie, and the other (Patrick) is about to bring even more. :) GB
Jenny Lynn...
My First and Most Precious Angel

Click on this photo to see all of my girls.
They are made for Love and to be Loved...
To Have and to Hold, to Love and to Cherish.

Orbits
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Orbits »

Apaprently, these guys are saying they were told it would take 8 weeks.
Actually I was never given a promise on a delivery date, other than the approx. 8-10 weeks that is suggested on the web sight. I was told up front there were ~20 orders in front of mine. I was not trying to pick on PIB here, this is my first doll, and after this experience if I ordered from ANY of the manufactures in the future I would have to have a ship time......even if that means paying an expedite fee like RD offers. Paying up front is not an issue, of course I did, but PIB does offer a layway plan and they will start the doll with half down I think.

My growing impatience is really more eager anticipation, like the kids in the back of the family truckster on the way to Wally World.......are we there yet? (repeated 10x). I will be picky, partly because of the wait and partly because of the money but mostly because its my first doll. So if I do a review it will be from a newbies point of view. If the doll looks like the pictures I have seen then I suspect I will be quite happy, fingers and toes are crossed.
In fairness, I know at least two of three posters in this thread have requested upgrades/changes that the other makers would have blown off, couldn't do, or would have charged a premium price for.
At 10 weeks I added the tongue option to the order, sounded like an easy addition to a head that was not yet made. Idealy the doll would have been done, or close to done, but of course I would not have been able to add this option. The tongue was not an option on the order page, I found out about this later. I also have a custom skin tone in the original order.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

So

I'm very sorry if somehow my place was in front of anyone else's. I never asked for it.

I did pay up front the entire amount. The oral feature was the only "special" feature on the doll and Patrick knew that up front. I didn't make any additional changes either.

I said approximately 2 months. The entire time from ordering to delivery was closer to 11 weeks when added up. I would've specified it in weeks if I knew it would cause concern.

Sux because I just wanted to do a review not get sidetracked on a delivery issue.

I don't know what to say about the email reply issue. Patrick wasn't perfect or answered all of them quickly but he did answer them.

fuji

Post by fuji »

Zarnon wrote:[...]The lips are incredibly kissable and so I haven't been in such a hurry to make fixes! :D
Yeah, I was already impressed by how they are when I ordered my Bella face 3 years ago... I can't imagine how it is now with all the improvements added! 8)
BTW Zarnon, is it a Bathing Beauty that you've ordered or a "GND"??

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Zarnon wrote:I'm very sorry if somehow my place was in front of anyone else's. I never asked for it.
I wouldn't worry about that, dude; I don't think that happened, just a coincidence. I think a bunch of doll orders must have hit just after your order, is all.
The reason I picked PIB was because after weighing all the Makers and doll options, it seemed to be the best doll at that time. Maybe others felt the same way too.
I recall reading Toonist's posts about a few international orders being shipped, and some custom orders, so IMO it sure looks like the "Island" was a bit busy for a while.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

BTW Zarnon, is it a Bathing Beauty that you've ordered or a "GND"??
I got the bathing beauty. For me that was one of the most erotic bodies I've seen on TDF.

For those with outstanding orders I envy you because my PIB has "presence". Even with the eyebrows kind of knocked around I cannot get over how the face and body work together. There was one early 4Woods I had with that kind of presence. I am one who thinks a doll is a great sex toy but just a sex toy. However this doll looks like she's a half step from coming to life.

If you're a person who likes "function" the range of motion of the hips/legs is really fun!!! The only thing I wish Patrick would improve is the neckpiece.

I will be doing some pics soon I promise.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Wow,
I love reading that!
"A half step from coming to life"....We've got to start quoting folks on the website!
Thanks for your kind words.
They were my thoughts a couple times today as well when we were in the midst of a new photo shoot.
There are moments when they just fool the eye...very fun.
Thanks again...
P

Misty Goddess
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Misty Goddess »

Thanx for the review Zarnon, it really helps in the desicion process.

INFORMATIONS