DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

First Review of a Private Island Beauty Thoralicious

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
mrmalek

First Review of a Private Island Beauty Thoralicious

Post by mrmalek »

This review will be rather "subjective" (from my point of view as a frustrated amateur photographer), and will be divided up into segments and added over a period of months. Please feel free to ask questions (of course, I may not always have an answer).

Let's start with making the selection from a multitude of manufacturers. I wanted a "high end" doll made in the USofA, though Japanese and Russian Dolls are certainly worthy of purchasing. Also, price was somewhat of a consideration, since this would be my first doll purchase and I wasn't sure if photographing a doll was close to photographing a RG (Real Girl). Just for the record, a seasoned RG model dresses herself, applies the makeup, and moves to different positions usually (but not always) under the direction of the photographer. Obviously, a doll doesn't do any of those things, except the makeup is always on and unlike a RG, a doll is always ready for a shoot and doesn't complain (a few models actually walked of the set) about the long hours.

Ordering the Private Island Beauty (PIB) at the web site is easy and straight forward. Any special requests may be added in a special text box. I opted for light freckles, tan lines, and ear piercings. Payment was handled through PayPal, easy enough since I already had an account. Patrick Wise immediately sent me an email confirming my order was received. Just as a side note, I changed my order a multitude of times as new faces, eyes, fingers, and breasts became available. Patrick would indicated it wasn't a problem and replied that same day......usually within minutes! Great customer service!!

Ok, this is a start. Next time I will go into the details of handling, dressing and posing of my PIB, so stay tuned.

mrmalek

Re: First Review of a Private Island Beauty Thoralicious

Post by mrmalek »

Yes, yes I know, it's Private Island Beauty. Personally, I like Pacific Island Beauty myself, you know, the tanned, grass skirted, and topless beauties of the South Seas........kinda like Thoralicious.
Or, I could use the CRS defense (or for that matter, the senile defense, lol). So whatever the reason, Private Island Beauty is the one for me!
Attachments
IMG_3637.JPG
IMG_3637.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 21449 times

argo1

Post by argo1 »

I thinking about to buy a PIB as well. But I have few questions:
1. How does it actually feel when having sex with it? Is it soft like human?
2. How doest it feel compare realistic toys like cyberskin perfect ass?
3. it's very heavy, so does it actually fun to having sex with ?
cheers

Fuzzy78
Former Member

Post by Fuzzy78 »

last i looke it was private island beauties lol, and for moddelin pib might not have been the best choice duue to posability

fuji

Post by fuji »

FurballRZ wrote:last i looke it was private island beauties lol,
Hum...=>
mrmalek wrote:Yes, yes I know, it's Private Island Beauty, but I cleverly used Pacific to draw attention to this posting.
:wink:
FurballRZ wrote:and for moddelin pib might not have been the best choice duue to posability
PIB have now an improved skeleton, and seems to be way more poseable than before... Plus, if I agree with you that poseable dolls are easier as models, those who doesn't have a "grip" skeleton have the ability to take more natural positions...

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

bravo,

BG

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

Answers to questions:

SEX..............well, actually I don't have an answer for you. Thoralicious is still a "virgin" and will probably stay that way. Strictly for my photography hobby, however, soooooooo tempting sometimes, lol.

POSING..........Thoralicious cannot stand, kneel, or sit up straight by herself without support of some type (pillows, hooks, wires, stands, chairs with backs). She does have the ability to pose when properly supported, and the skeleton inside the new "Girl Next Door" allows for the arms, legs, feet, head, hands, and fingers to be "arranged" in a vast variety of configurations, much like a RG model.

DRESSING.....Probably the easiest way to dress Thoralicious is supporting her from the neck bolt (an optional item, but well worth the little extra money), and dusting her with lots of power. Obviously, the best clothing to use are the loose fitting ones, however, with a little care (and lots of patience), tighter clothing, and possibly some sewing skills will be well worth the effort. After the shoot has completed, I will usually remove the clothing and re powder, then re wrap her in the shipping sheet.

More to follow later.................so stay tuned.
Attachments
IMG_3559.JPG
IMG_3559.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 21136 times
IMG_3585.JPG
IMG_3585.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 21136 times
IMG_3629.JPG
IMG_3629.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 21136 times

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Great looking doll and nice review. I could certainly enjoy being stranded on an island with her ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

A more few thoughts:

REALISM........Absolutely stunning! The "Aria" face and the "Girl Next Door" body are so real, I sometimes look twice to be sure she's not a RG. Fun to pose and photograph her; so easy to move around, too. I usually move Thoralicious from room to room with the "bridal carry" less her head and shoes. (She spends the nights in another room). The seam lines are all but invisible, and the hands and feet look real even at close up viewing.

HAIR.........I ordered the "front laced hair option"; much more realistic that the cheap "costume hair" I had stored away from previous model shoots. I highly recommend the hair option, trust me on this one........the cheap hair is really a nightmare to work with.

BODY IMPERFECTIONS.......Almost none to speak of. Truly the work of a craftsman.
Attachments
IMG_5217.JPG
IMG_5217.JPG (918.76 KiB) Viewed 20910 times

blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blou2blou2 »

I chose this post for my first comment. Me and my boyfriend are from France but i am at quebec for vacancy. My english is poor sorry.

I like this review i want to give a first opinion too. We just ordered a beautiful private island beauty. Private island beauty for us is: delicacy, sensitive finesse, feminine, gracious, elegant, sophisticate beauty, fine realistic body extra sexy and reel proportions, like a ballerine or tiny delicate woman.

The skin look so real, it's not like a fake robot body with a uniform glossy skin that look sticky and without details, it's not like a big rubber skin. For us it's not like a big manufactured dolls industry line work.

PIB are pieces of love made with love, unique. We can see a big difference between pib and other manufacture, for the skin and the realism and the detailed art work, home made collector masterpiece.

blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blou2blou2 »

We are waiting our beautiful pib to post a review too, and many picks, nice topic:)

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

blou2blou2, I really apologize for not responding in a timely fashion. I just wanted to congratulate you for selecting a PIB. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Please post photos when "she" arrives, and relate your experiences with the ordering process. I am looking forward to hear your comments and appraisals of Patrick's "creation".

blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blou2blou2 »

thank you mrmalek for your answer, thank you for your kindness, it's ok . i am happy to share with you my story and i will be very happy to tell more about my private island beauty, when she will '' come to live'' :) I hope i will be able to do photos that look like beautiful like your photos.

sporkdude

Post by sporkdude »

mrmalek, anymore thoughts about her?

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

Greetings sporkdude.......Oh yes, Thoralicious has a few minor problems which, of course, does not detract from her beauty. Patrick needs to design a PIB that will dress herself, style her own hair, and "assume the position" for my photo shoots, lol. In fact, she has acquired a taste for my beer, Pabst Blue Ribbon......I think she may be turning into a lush.
Other than those small glitches, Thoralicious continues to be a joy to photograph and many times I need to look twice at her when entering the "photo studio"; her realism is so awesome. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. I have included a few "Thoralicious, All American Girl" photos from a work in progress photo shoot.
Attachments
IMG_5704.JPG
IMG_5704.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 20413 times
IMG_5699.JPG
IMG_5699.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 20413 times

INFORMATIONS