DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Official PIB Website Updated

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Website Updated

Post by toonist »

How were they unconvincing? She was holding a glass by herself. Here is a pic we sent in recently that shows her holding an apple. The wires inside have little dingles on the ends so they don't poke through. Glad you're thinking of us. P
Attachments
photo-68.jpg
photo-68.jpg (229.08 KiB) Viewed 6799 times

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

toonist wrote:How were they unconvincing? She was holding a glass by herself. Here is a pic we sent in recently that shows her holding an apple. The wires inside have little dingles on the ends so they don't poke through. Glad you're thinking of us. P
Somehow I missed something. I didn't see this photo holding the apple before. The photos I was referring to were taken looking down at the hand holding things, and the perspective made it impossible to tell how they would look side-on, if they could just manage to hold it in a supported position, or to hold it up, as in the apple photo. I'll have to browse the website again and I apologize for the oversight. I'll post again if I have anything new to add, and thank you for pointing out the apple photo. That's a good one. You are indeed a gifted artist.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

toonist wrote:How were they unconvincing? She was holding a glass by herself. Here is a pic we sent in recently that shows her holding an apple. The wires inside have little dingles on the ends so they don't poke through. Glad you're thinking of us. P
Ok, I went to the website and I don't find the doll holding apple photo. Please post a link to the gallery where this is located. Thanks.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

fuji

Post by fuji »

This photo isn't on the PIB website yet...
For the moment, you can only find it in the dollalbum. :wink:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... oto-68.jpg

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

fuji wrote:This photo isn't on the PIB website yet...
For the moment, you can only find it in the dollalbum. :wink:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... oto-68.jpg
PIB has seven pages in the doll gallery. I didn't see this pic among them. Can you post a link to the album this is from? Thanks.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
I found it on page #4 of the Private Island Beauties album.

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... t=0&pos=76

I think that will work as a link. Thanks for checking it out.
P

fuji

Post by fuji »

It depends on how you want to display the images... :wink:
Here's the link to the album:http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... =1&sort=dd
Choose "Date -" (sort by date descending) on the right top of the page, it should be there (3rd pic)...

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing the link, fuji. I was hoping it might be one of a series of similar photos showing items held up in natural poses, but nevertheless. It's a great pic.

On a side note, has anyone ever mentioned how much Isis looks like a young Joan Collins? Not a perfect photo double, but I see a resemblance there. Or maybe it's just me. But anyway. Thanks again.

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Ok I tried to get onto the site again today and couldn't. I figured that at this point it has to be something on my end. I had been going to the PIB site by means of my favorites menu. I checked the link that was in my favorites menu and it was http://www.privateislandbeauties.com/welcome.do The "welcome.do" part looked odd so I manually entered the rest into the address bar (minus the "welcome.do" part) and I got in. I guess this link that I had in my favorites menu was before major work was done on the site? I suppose it doesn't really matter now. @ Patrick: I suppose that it wasn't necessary for your web guy to enable internet explorer 6.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

fuji

Post by fuji »

I have encountered the same problem some weeks ago, Incognito! And have solved it in the same way! :D

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

A few other things that I noticed are that the pictures on the order page are missing. There are squares that say what the picture should be (ie pubic hair, eyes, ect) and the squares overlap one another. Upon clicking a few of the options (specifically 'Hair styles', 'Eyebrow Style', 'Areiola Colors', 'Eye Shadow', 'Lip Colors', and 'Eyeliner') the pictures within those options are also either missing or have weird white lines through them. Actually the other options that aren't missing pictures have white lines present for some reason. I figured that I'd let you know Patrick since appearance and arrangement equals money for you. Hopefully this isn't something on my end again :s

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Ok I checked again today using a different browser (apparently Windows IE is booboo ;) ). Anyway, all pictures look fine within all of the options. However the Eyebrow Style, Eyeshadow, Aeriola, Lip Color, and Eyeliner options do not have pictures of the various suboptions (ie brown eyeshadow vs pink, or Heavy eyeliner vs none). Again, this is on the ordering page. I hope my checking helps you out Patrick.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Re: Official PIB Website Updated

Post by siliventurer »

Must visit site for those interested in line of PIB dolls... :thumbs_up:

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

The PIB site has a newer look and easier to navigate everyone.
It's very user friendly. Lots of info, with category selection tabs/buttons.
This update really looks fantastic, just like their dolls. Kudos to Patrick and Staff.

I'm glad I went to look today because it's the first time reading about the payment plans.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi!
I'm glad you noticed! We have spent a considerable amount of time re-designing, adding photos and new products.
I hope the site is fun and easy to navigate. It should be optimized for all "platforms"…including smart phones and tablets.
There are also lots of clarifications about various aspects of our dolls.
We still have quite a few goodies to add. Stay tuned!! :lol: :whistle:
I hope everyone has a fine Thanksgiving!
Patrick
Attachments
2013-05-28 10.20.53.jpg
2013-05-28 10.20.53.jpg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 4898 times

INFORMATIONS