DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

PIB Review: Updated 12/10/09

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

It's fun to see the communication between new Private Island Beauties owners.
As for" happy endings", ha! I hope that is indeed the case...I'd like to think of these orders being filled as New Beginnings.
This week we send pieces to Germany, Austria, and Canada, with another to be picked up from the Midwest.
Florida comes next. Lots of placing pins on the map of the world.
So glad the piece got to Australia safely. We're learning to "not worry", just do it and have fun.
That's always been the plan.
P

Old_School

Post by Old_School »

toonist wrote:Hi,

The new Isis head has that function as well. We reinforce, just a bit, the inside corners of the mouth.

Best, P
Where can I see the new Isis head? I cannot seem to find it on your web site.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

I'm trying to get better at sending pics in to my web guy for site updates.
I'll have some wonderful new pics of Isis within the week. I've actually molded it 3 times so as to get it just right. I have to stop doing that!
If anyone needs pics of anything that isn't on the site yet, I'll be happy to e-mail pics.
We literally make changes everyday.
We're having way too much fun finding new color variations for the multi colored labias now. Adding just a hint of bronze to the flush of coloration on some of the pieces for a cool sun tanned look.
Just today we made the skeleton a bit more able to hold poses. I could go on, having good days...always feeling behind, but, we're catching up. P

priceritchie2010

Post by priceritchie2010 »

toonist wrote:I'm trying to get better at sending pics in to my web guy for site updates.
I'll have some wonderful new pics of Isis within the week. I've actually molded it 3 times so as to get it just right. I have to stop doing that!
If anyone needs pics of anything that isn't on the site yet, I'll be happy to e-mail pics.
We're having way too much fun finding new color variations for the multi colored labias now. Adding just a hint of bronze to the flush of coloration on some of the pieces for a cool sun tanned look.
Just today we made the skeleton a bit more able to hold poses. I could go on, having good days...always feeling behind, but, we're catching up. P
Yes, I agree fully with you on the Isis head molds. You have it perfect NOW. Leave it alone and move on...lol

Geez, artists and their constant need for perfection..... :roll:
As if I've EVER just written a story and got it perfect the first time, with zero polishing or touch ups. Yeah....RIGHT.
My Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11888

Silvia
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Silvia »

this thread has been VERY helpful in shopping for dolls!

I had run across the PIB website and had taken note of Patrick's art (hope you don't mind if I call you Patrick) but after seeing some of these review photos I am just floored!

WOW, that's one hot babe!

The main thing that had stuck in my mind about these PIB ladies was the skin....those FRECKELS just make them, and the texture of the feet, areola , and hands is so real! The model they made the hand/ feet casts from has great ones, hands and feet go miles in the way of giving the girls a presence.

Amazing work, my hats off to you gentlemen.....

Honestly I am in awe that you are making these works of art, and if you'll forgive the critique, have such casual photos on your web site. They really do not do your product justice. I bet in person they are even more stunning. The eyes are so deep and thoughtful.

Again sorry to be blunt , but WOW these are just....WOW...and should be getting the attention they deserve. I know if the opportunity presents itself I will certainly order one!

out of curiosity has anyone done a similar highly detailed review about some of the other fantastic artists who make these dolls?

Old_School

Post by Old_School »

toonist wrote:I'm trying to get better at sending pics in to my web guy for site updates.

I still can't find the pictures on the website...is there a link?

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey,
Since I'm snowed in on Super Bowl Sunday, we're finally able to get to lots of upgrades on the website. If you need new pics of anything just give a holler. I'll be happy to send them out.
P

Fruithead
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fruithead »

Pat, would it be best to email or pm you for that?

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
I check my e-mail more often than the pm's.
That's just how it is.
I'm just about caught up on e-mails. Yea!

Now, for Football...do we all have our beer and wings?

P

feetlova87
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: PIB Review: Updated 12/10/09

Post by feetlova87 »

Hey Biotrox, when are you going to form a Doll Album of all those pics you have on the first page.

Dude Man

Post by Dude Man »

Awesome review ! I never seen the hands and feet that way, you did a great job taking these pics.

ArtificialNeeds
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ArtificialNeeds »

Excellent review! The pictures show the doll from a few perspectives that were hard to come by elsewhere. Really helped in choosing the right doll.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Welcome to the forum, ArtificialNeeds.
I also found this review helpful in 2011 when I got Ellen, but Patrick's
latest dolls are different in some ways. It would pay to confirm any
particular features you like in this review, directly with PIB.
Off the bat, I can tell you the neck, nipples, dividing line in the pubic
region are all different then pictured (better!). He's also recently released
a new body style and an updated skeleton.
You would no doubt be pleased with the improvements since this review,
but I thought I should mention that things have changed.
Have fun with your doll shopping!

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

yewe378f
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by yewe378f »

This is an excellent review. Glad to see Patrick has evolved over time. Question for anyone one with a PIB Bathing Beauty doll? In this evaluation I noticed a closed toe shoe size 6 and open toe size 4 while some older posts on the forum some have recommended size 7.5 closed and 6.5 open toe. Patrick on the web site has the shoe size at 51/2. I'm confused and wondered if anyone could shed a little more light on this please. I'm waiting for my PIB and wanted to better understand before buying a few shoes.
Thanks

Orbital111
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Orbital111 »

yewe378f wrote:This is an excellent review. Glad to see Patrick has evolved over time. Question for anyone one with a PIB Bathing Beauty doll? In this evaluation I noticed a closed toe shoe size 6 and open toe size 4 while some older posts on the forum some have recommended size 7.5 closed and 6.5 open toe. Patrick on the web site has the shoe size at 51/2. I'm confused and wondered if anyone could shed a little more light on this please. I'm waiting for my PIB and wanted to better understand before buying a few shoes.
Thanks
Hi Yewe378f, choosing a shoe size can be tricky since the sizes tend to vary by type and brand. There are also the narrow foot and wide variations. I have a pair of size 6 open toe high heels that fit the Bathing Beauty pretty well, but are a little narrow at the front where the toes peak out. It says "6M" on the bottom. If I had gotten the wide version of these, I think they would have fit her feet at the front much better and wouldn't be such a squeeze.

Another pair of heels that I bought her are size 6.5. They are a little long but fit the width of her feet.

She also has a pair of open toe size 4.5 sandals which are actually longer than either of the size 6 heels. :? These fit her foot length perfectly, but the straps that go over the top of her toes are pretty tight. If it's a tight squeeze like this, you can usually add some powder to the tops and sides of the toes and then slowly work her foot into the shoe. Some sandals have adjustable straps for both the toes and ankles. If you can find a pair of these, they will be the most comfortable for her. :wink:

The most surefire way to get the best size might be to draw an outline of her foot on a piece of paper and take it to the shoe store that has the shoes she wants. :)
Hope this helps.. I am still experimenting myself.

INFORMATIONS