www.funwestdoll.com

Fix pinhole leak on Poupee - Advice Needed

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
SuckItTrebek

Fix pinhole leak on Poupee - Advice Needed

Post by SuckItTrebek »

I've got a poupee that I've come to discover has two pinhole leaks.

I'd like to fix the hole on what is otherwise a functional doll.

I'm no latex expert, so can anyone on here who is let me know the best way of addressing this issue?

Thanks.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Fix pinhole leak on Poupee - Advice Needed

Post by titjob »

buy some liquid latex to repair. :oops:
or talk to haremlover

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

The manufacturer recommends superglue - cyanoacrylate.

I stretch the latex around the hole and insert a drop of glue and then let it get back to size so that the drop expands into the structure of the latex inside and out and seals.

If the hole is near the crotch then one has to be a little careful.

Copydex latex glue is good but it benefits from being sealed by a varnish of cyanoacrylate.

Holes can be in the oddest places - under arms and at the ends of fingers or toes - but these dolls are reliable and repairable.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

SuckItTrebek

Post by SuckItTrebek »

SuperGlue, really?

Not sure why, but I'd just have assumed that a chemical like ethyl cyanoacrylate would damage latex.

Shows you what I know.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try this weekend.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

You can also use pieces of a latex balloon for repair.

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=189&t=22026
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Aerial

Re: Fix pinhole leak on Poupee (avoid superglue!)

Post by Aerial »

Superglue is no good idea and should be only used to glue latex on hard materials (e.g. hard plastic inflation nozzle), because it locally makes latex brittle and so develop cracks around the glued spot by strain. I just had household rubber gloves (worn during supergluing) rot by glue residues (possibly vapours + water) after storing the washed gloves in an airtight plastic bag for some weeks. Apparently cyanacrylate soaks into the latex and slowly turns it into brittle state that breaks apart like thin ice or latex frozen in liquid nitrogen. May be this happens only when the fumes can't evaporate or in combination with hand sweat, but IMO superglue is only good for hard materials but not latex.

Use Copydex non-toxic rubber cement instead (prepare glue spot with isopropanol, apply glue on both sides and let it dry until it turns transparent before you push it together). Also PU based household glue may work reliably where not stretched too far.

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Cyanoacrylate is the worst solution as it releases acid vapor when curing. This vapor will break down the latex. It is also NOT waterproof and will eventually peel from the latex when flexed or wet.

Inflatable latex boats for marine use are repaired by inner coating for pinholes and for a doll, this is an easy method.

http://www.westportmarina.com/zodiac/repairs/latex.html

You must keep the doll rotating and try to cover all the affected areas. For large holes, using a patch with liquid latex (Inland Marine), is best.

t9

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

I guess everyone has their favorite ways to fix stuff - and with that said maybe it's me - but I always seem to find my own path to that fix stuff thing and many times it ain't the one that's well traveled or desired by others - so be it

I've fixed four poupee-latex air babes several times for minor pinhole type leaks - and each and every time it was with Cyanoacrylate(CA) with Medium gap filling type glue

Funny thing is - she hadn't lost a leg or arm fell off yet because of it - better yet - the leak never came back and the problem was solved period - and these repairs were done some time in the past too - so for me this was a long term repair not a quick fix

Go your own path - try things - yeah maybe the repair advice the other give is good for large tears that require patches - so far since 2009 only minor issues have befallen my French air babes and a quick dab of CA has solved all the issues for me with the exception of the vinyl head to latex body - that's another story for a different day

Happy Trails -

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

I modified various Stretch Armstrong figure variants inflatable. Some of these developed brown or chewingummy soft spots; I am not sure if these came from overlooked moistened syrup gel residues (fuelling biological rot?) or dish washing detergent (used to remove that gel), or if indeed vapours of superglue I sealed the neck assembly with does long term damage.

Cyanacrylate at least must get the chance to vapour out completely (i.e. no smell left). Inside closed air chambers it may stay active for too long and decompose the latex.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Superglue??

What the effing hell? Nooooo!

I used something called Monkeypaw... a great latex adhesive... then cut a little patch from a rubber glove, coat and apply. It will STRETCH and not come loose... superglue won't do that... it does not stretch. I haven't found that brand for awhile (unfortunately) but if you go to a bicycle shop... they have RUBBER SOLUTION which is the same thing... made specifically for bonding latex.

I took a balloon, cut a hole in it, put a tubular balloon in it, and used this to glue them together... then inflated it to 20 inches in size. I'll just say tha the tube came in handy...

Anyway... didn't pop... held up quite well.

Superglue? They don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Go to http://amazon.com (Or the version for your country) and enter this into the search... "bicycle rubber adhesive"

Jerry
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Jerry wrote:Superglue? They don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Go to http://amazon.com (Or the version for your country) and enter this into the search... "bicycle rubber adhesive"
Great advice and certainly your experiment with the balloon sounds incredibly fun . . .

But seriously superglue is what the manufacturer Domax recommends for plugging the pinholes that develop from air bubbles in the latex.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Barbarous
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Barbarous »

It seems the best path is to find a product you are comfortable and confident using.
I used most of the mentioned products some I liked, some I didn't, and the rest I will
consider in the future. Good luck.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Jerry wrote:
I took a balloon, cut a hole in it, put a tubular balloon in it, and used this to glue them together... then inflated it to 20 inches in size. I'll just say tha the tube came in handy...

Anyway... didn't pop... held up quite well.

Jerry
IMG_1037sm.jpg
IMG_1037sm.jpg (127.74 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
you mean something like this?
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Nope... mine was yellow. :-D
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Interesting stuff and ideas - :thumbs_up:

Its been my experience that with the French made latex air-babes that the problems that do crop up are almost always these tiny pin type holes and not giant rips that tear thru the doll - maybe its my luck or my care for mine that prevents the huge problems -

Its based on my experiences that with these tiny problems & using (AC gap filling glues) that the need for expansive type repairs would be unwarranted - plus dealing with latex adhesives and their attendant inhalation issues makes my choices clear - but - based on what i have seen here - if some major calamity should befall my gorgeous French madame's I'll keep in mind these tips - thanks to all - :thumbs_up:

Happy Trails -

INFORMATIONS