www.funwestdoll.com

creating a latex doll project

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

creating a latex doll project

Post by timetraveler1 »

I am hoping that starting in the new year that I will be able to start on trying to make a latex doll using the cloth spandex and cover over a plastic molded jointed body I have . I can't do anything this year as I am tapped out on money , Christmas and all on a limited budget .
I want to use craft coloring to color silicon to coat the doll with ( kind of like home made sex dolls .
although this is actually or would be a silicon covered skin , , this seems closer to what is listed on the forum to post it .

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: creating a latex doll project

Post by rubherkitty »

Sounds great!
Please make note of what spandex material you use as it may make a difference on the outcome.

Your title says your making a latex doll, but your thread says your going to color and use silicone?
Now that I am into doing some silicone work I plan to do some testing of silicone on various material to see how it adheres and what textures I can achieve.

Here's to doll making! :glou:
RK
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

rubherkitty , will you be using silicon on spandex material to ?
yes it's not really a latex doll which is what this forum is , but I don't think their is a silicon doll creating area .
I guess if someone wanted to if it was made airtight it could be airtight . I was just going to use a plastic molded jointed doll inside , others could be stuffed .
I may change my mind by then and use that fx silicon bought by the gallon pre colored . then it would actually be a latex doll , everything cost so damned much and I am poor , lol a bad combination . :D :cry:
But I do want to see latex dolls continued , now only the French ones are being made that I know of .
I see the effects of it already on the latex doll forum slowing down more and more .

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I have some Ecoflex 010 plat silicone from Smooth-on to test with, but have not purchased a spandex cat suit. I have some Nylon/ Spandex pants that I bought at Goodwill to maybe make a doll, but I cut one of the legs off to make a tight body dress for Nikki. I can always experiment on the other leg.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

sounds good , let us know what you find out in your experiment with notes and pictures , I would but as I said I am on a very limited budget and so it will be a while before I can try .

solitaryman2414

Post by solitaryman2414 »

The knitting Of spandex is so tight the silicone will pull off, ever with latex, if you don't dip or rub the latex into your material it will come apart, what ever you use will have to be well saturated on both sides to stick to one another.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

solitaryman2414 wrote:The knitting Of spandex is so tight the silicone will pull off, .
That's what I'm afraid of.
I actually bought some GE silicone 1 to mess with awhile back, but haven't gotten to that either. I was going to try cotton material like thermal underwear to see if the silicone would adhere.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

on home made sex toys website they used (silicon and colored it ) on top of I think panty hose and apparently that worked as I have seen complete full size dolls . I just checked at their site and it doesn't show the full dolls that they did show before , but I do have photos etc. of the other ways I mentioned that was from their origi9nal site , maybe they have it still listed somewhere else , I don't know.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Okay I ran across this on ebay , now from what I understand this was a spandex suit like what I mentioned and coated with latex , you can read it for yourself on the ebay listing , except for the color of a person could but this with a tan skin color he or she could fill it with fiber fill to create a latex doll .
This would be way so much easier then trying to create it .
I'm checking to see if they offer a skin colored version . will post what I find .

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Sorry, I don't see the eBay link?

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

sorry Rubberkitty , Christmas craziness that's what i'll blame my blank mind on , lol here is the link!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Body-Satin ... 1c38a3f8d1

but I just checked my e mail asking if they had a tan skin color and he answered back saying this :

I'm sorry my friend. The items cannot be customized.

Best regards
Charlie

so it's back to square one , I may keep looking and checking other companies for this same product , this is spandex with latex covering so apparently the spandex will not tear loose as some thought .

if someone else can find a company with a tan latex skin like this one please post it , it would make a great stuffed latex doll !! :D

solitaryman2414

Timetraveler:
You need a material that the latex can escape throught to the other side so they can bond together with the spandex in center, I have taken a letha weapons doll and covered it with latex and as long as their were no ruff spots even latex will not bond to a smooth surface even latex. So far I have made four latex dolls based on letha's body. Try a nylon body stocking, the thinner the better, I put a pair of pantyhose on the inside of one body but the upper part of the pantyhose pulled away from the inside of the doll, the upper part of pantyhose has to tight of weave to let the latex seal to the outer skin so it separated the outer and inner skin of the doll, the leg part of the pantyhose work aright but not from the crotch up. And don't think you can put the whole suite in latex and then put it on your mold, it will be a big mess [been their]. Right now I'm using a hvlp spray gun to spray the latex onto a maniquine and that is a pain in the ass to get off the mold, to thin it tears, to thick and you kill your self pulling it off. If want to try something, get a bunch of fiberglass no. 10 I think it was[the fiberglass matte that come in a bond fiberglass kit] put the silicone on it and place it on a inflatable doll, but make it only one layer but over lap about 3'' to 4'' inchesso you don't loose the look of the doll when your done, but make sure to coat the mold with dawn for a release of the silicone or you will have a big mess.

solitaryman2414

I forgot, let the dawn dry before applying silicone. I'm making some small latex toy doll bodies from the 50's, most are shot so I have to rebuild them from what is left from all those years, sometime nt much, once you have your silicone body made you can do as I'm doing, dip in latex, for the bodies I'm going I dip the bodies in a 5 gallon pail to coat them so I can fill the old bodies with a plaster or some other material to make a new mold to make the new bodies. But if you do this make dam sure to put talc or some other powder on between each dipping or the latex will stick together and create a big mess.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

solitaryman2414 , after finding that spandex suit ( see e bay link) that is already covered in latex , if I can possibly do it I wanted to get one with a tan skin cover already made , then I could use it to stuff to create a latex doll. if I can't find a dealer withy one already made in s skin color , then I will try to make one myself when I have the money .
I will put your notes though in a file .

INFORMATIONS