Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Dude, where's my torso?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jakexi

Dude, where's my torso?

Post by jakexi »

Hi everybody,

I used to think that the Abyss is there in the top of doll manufacturers. Now i have a different opinion. I am not saying that their dolls are bad but customer service seems to have some problems.
I place my torso order january and last week i got a message that the torso is ready to ship at their warehouse. So i asked for the tracking number and that is the last time i heard from them. Communication has been very difficult from the beginning of the order. They simply stop answering when i ask them a simply question after placing the order. After a couple of months of silence they send me a message that the torso is ready but no tracking code or picture of the torso which i asked also. And that's not all of it. After they send me the message that the torso is ready to ship some delivery company here in my country contact me saying that the Abyss is sending me a package but only as far as the capital city. Whaaat, i live over 800 kilometers away from our capital city. Abyss has previously send me the mail where they said that the torso will be send at the nearest airport to me and there is a airport in my home town. The delivery company say that i have to pay the airport feeds and some other payment and the box transport to my city. I told this to Abyss and notify that they promise the torso to the nearest airport but they won't reply. When i made the order i gave them my address and they calculate the shipping costs and i pay that amount. So what is this BS? Why this is so difficult for them. I pay for the delivery and least they can do is send the torso to my home town airport so i can pick her up. Do i ever see my torso :(

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Dude, where's my torso?

Post by rubherkitty »

RE: Airport. They probably mean international airport that has a UPS/ Fed Ex cargo depot.
Many people have small airports near them that accommodate craft from prop planes to small jets, but not every airport is a cargo destination.
Should a 747 jet land at your airport to drop off 7 packages?

What country do you live that they don't have vehicle delivery by the carrier?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

jakexi

Post by jakexi »

rubherkitty wrote:RE: Airport. They probably mean international airport that has a UPS/ Fed Ex cargo depot.
Many people have small airports near them that accommodate craft from prop planes to small jets, but not every airport is a cargo destination.
Should a 747 jet land at your airport to drop off 7 packages?

What country do you live that they don't have vehicle delivery by the carrier?
Thanks for the info. I live in Finland.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

yes,

This is reading more like a Finland local freight issue than an Abyss, issue.

Surely they have provided tracking info links, and you can confirm current status with carrier.

That said....

I would like to see an Abyss rep provide further comment however. I have PM Abyss accordingly to provide clarification.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

jakexi

Post by jakexi »

Anung Un Rama wrote:yes,

This is reading more like a Finland local freight issue than an Abyss, issue.

Surely they have provided tracking info links, and you can confirm current status with carrier.

That said....

I would like to see an Abyss rep provide further comment however. I have PM Abyss accordingly to provide clarification.

Anung
Thanks Anung,

I just got mail from the delivery company. They told me that i have to accept all the extra costs, then Abyss will send them my order and they will process the order to me. I told them that i have allready paid the delivery. I wish i could cancel my order and have a refund. That can't be true that the Abyss delivers my order in the other side of the country.

Brick

Post by Brick »

Yes, Anung is correct in that Abyss can only get the freight to the closest Intnl. airport that the carrier services. Once it reaches there, your customs take over and access any charges to that it deems needed. Abyss cannot know all charges for every country. So there policy is they can get it there, but you have to work with your customs dept. to get it delivered. I am sorry this wasn't made clearer to you......Brick
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

What carrier was this shipped through? Bills Trucking Company?
It's hard to believe a international shipping company would not have a distribution hub for ground delivery in a country they serve. Do all Finnish citizens have to drive cross country to the airport to pick up their packages?
Glad I don't have to drive from Tuscon, AZ to Chigaco's O'Hare to get a package!!

There may be a reshipping service who can take these orphan packages to the postal service in your country for ground shipping?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

jakexi

Post by jakexi »

I have had many other dolls delivered to my door by UPS/ FedEx example. Doll journey stops at the customs and then i pay taxes/ customs and after that the journey continues to my address. I was hoping that was the case with Abyss.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Have you contacted the shipper with a package number? What shipper is this going through?

jakexi

Post by jakexi »

I don' t have any number or carrier yet. My order is still in Abyss warehouse. Abyss have contacted a local carrier in Helsinki and the carrier contact me offering to do everything and deliver the order to me. Catch is that the carrier want's money for this and that. In my mind i have allready paid the delivery costs. Beginning of the order i asked Abyss does the delivery mean that the order will be send to my door and the answer was that the order will be send at the nearest airport. So i tought that is my local airport and when i try to verify that, they stop answering

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Well, if the package has not shipped yet, demand that Abyss use a carrier that will ship to your door. You say you received pkg's from Fed Ex and UPS. What's wrong with one of those?

Abyss "should" be able to tell you what carrier they plan to use from USA to Helsinki and what the charge is.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

So for 2k a Chinese company can send a doll from their factory to my front door...but a 7k Realdoll from Abyss can't manage this?.... :whistle:

jakexi

Post by jakexi »

rubherkitty wrote:Well, if the package has not shipped yet, demand that Abyss use a carrier that will ship to your door. You say you received pkg's from Fed Ex and UPS. What's wrong with one of those?

Abyss "should" be able to tell you what carrier they plan to use from USA to Helsinki and what the charge is.
Thanks,

That is a good suggestion but i doubt they will answer me. Last time i heard from them was a week ago when they promise me the tracking code, still waiting :roll:

jakexi

Post by jakexi »

Maviarab wrote:So for 2k a Chinese company can send a doll from their factory to my front door...but a 7k Realdoll from Abyss can't manage this?.... :whistle:
Yes, that seems to be the case. For now on i use only Chinese manufacturers. They are nice and they answers the questions. Years ago i ordered a Wicked Realdoll and she was delivered to my door. Something has been changed over years or is it just me that they wan't to pick on :|

dollarfan

Post by dollarfan »

What kind of customer service is this! I was expecting more from Real Doll. Offering an excuse when Your customer need help and a solution.

@jakexi contact The Doll Forum support. They can help You with good advice. support@dollforum.com

INFORMATIONS