Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Skull of Nova, which faces are suitable this skull?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

Probably only Abyss can answer these questions. I thought that there would be general interest.
”Nova (New BT magnet style design)” this is copy of text from website.
Questions:
Are faces of Seasons and C series suitable?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Skull of Nova, which faces are suitable this skull?

Post by samara78 »

Last i heard all faces were compatible to that skull design. If it is a face and not a full head any of the faces will fit good luck.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

I try to explain why this case of faces is unclear.
Face of Nova is only one BT magnet style face. If for skull of Nova is only one new face, so selection is very minor.
If skull is identical RD2 magnet skull, so selection is large, but what for we need Hybrid doll?

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

The RD2 and BT magnet skulls are NOT the same as the magnets are placed slightly different between the two skulls. If you put a BT magnet face on an RD2 magnet skull, the face will be distorted quite a bit as I have done this to verify it.

At present, I am not sure if the magnet skull for the Nova face is the same as the magnet skull for ALL of the previous BT magnet faces. If the BT magnet skulls are all the same, then all of the older faces will fit the skull used for the Nova face.

I will send Joe an email to ask him for you and post it here so we will all know for sure! :thumbs_up:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Oh i am way behind on the times here.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

I sent Joe an email and asked him if the magnet skull for the BoyToy Nova face is the same as the magnet skulls used for all of the older BoyToy faces such as the Calendar girls, Seasons girls and the C-series girls. :D

As soon as Joe lets me know, I will post the info here for everyone! :thumbs_up:

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Sadly, both seasons and C-series faces are discontinued. Sky, Star, Nova and Solana are available according to to their website.
She told me to come but I was already there

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Joe got back to me and confirmed that The older magnet skull for the Calendar girls, Seasons and C-series faces is (NOT) the same as the magnet skull used for the Nova face! So at present, the only magnet face available in the BoyToy line is the Nova face and the current magnet skull only works with that face!

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

Srange to make changeable magnet style skull where is only one face available. I guessed this.
Anyway face of Nova is beautiful. I like her, I will get her later, probably march.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

dodgeman wrote:Joe got back to me and confirmed that The older magnet skull for the Calendar girls, Seasons and C-series faces is (NOT) the same as the magnet skull used for the Nova face! So at present, the only magnet face available in the BoyToy line is the Nova face and the current magnet skull only works with that face!
So is the new Boytoy skull which fits the Nova face actually a Realdoll skull? Might that new skull actually now be compatible with the Realdoll magnetic faces?

Since Realdoll started promoting the Realdoll / Boytoy hybrid, this is likely the reason the new boytoy skull and Nova face are not reverse compatible with the old Boytoy line of magnetic faces.
My Doll Album is here!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

APN12 wrote:Srange to make changeable magnet style skull where is only one face available. I guessed this.
Anyway face of Nova is beautiful. I like her, I will get her later, probably march.
I would say that it is possible that Matt will be creating more magnetic faces as dedicated BoyToy faces for the BT magnetic skull in time but, I do not know at this time.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

ks wrote:So is the new Boytoy skull which fits the Nova face actually a Realdoll skull? Might that new skull actually now be compatible with the Realdoll magnetic faces?

Since Realdoll started promoting the Realdoll / Boytoy hybrid, this is likely the reason the new boytoy skull and Nova face are not reverse compatible with the old Boytoy line of magnetic faces.
I don't think that Nova's skull is an RD2 magnet skull. I asked Joe if the 2 BoyToy magnet skulls were the same for the older faces and the Nova face. I also commented that I know that the old series of BoyToy faces do not work with the RD2 magnet skulls and the reverse is also true as I tried that myself. He told me that the 2 BoyToy skulls are different and made no mention of the RD2 magnet skull. He asked me to give him a link to this thread and I did so. Perhaps he will look in on this thread and give us more info about this! :D

INFORMATIONS