Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Discount frequency

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TheDicktater
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Discount frequency

Post by TheDicktater »

Hey everyone, I'm someone who has been interested in the Boy Toy dolls for a few months and just noticed that they're putting on a fairly substantial sale. My question, however, is how often does this happen and is it usually around the same discount? I'm asking because this sale has almost tempted me to pull the trigger but a few months from now would probably be a bit better with regards to my budget. Would I be kicking myself if I pass this up and am ready to buy around December/January? Let me know your thoughts!

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Discount frequency

Post by Bazinga »

Well heres the thing, yes the sales are kind of frequent(maybe 3 or 4 times a year)and they vary, mostly $1000 off, some 10 or 15% off, etc. BUT here's the thing sometimes the sales are for specific bodies and not the others, sometimes they are for all but not the new bodies, but this sale is for ALL the dolls, not rare but can't promise the next sale would be the same. I am sure that the next sale would be around New Years or definitely Valentine's Day the latest but I couldn't tell you how much or what dolls would be on sale, but long story short a $1000 off sale will come again, and if you'd like to save more first if you have to(like what I'm doing) I'm sure thats fine too. They have great sales and they have great customer service whenever you do buy I'm sure you'll be happy you did. Hope that helps. :glou:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Yes, Like Bazinga said, Abyss runs sales several times a year, sometimes 1000.00 off on RD's, sometimes 1000.00 off on BT's and sometimes 1000.00 off on all dolls! There are a few sales that are 15% of at times on certain dolls and 10% off on doll accessories too. I remember seeing a 15% off sale on RD's and then a few months later see a 15% off sale on BT's and that is when I ordered my BT3 Winter doll! :D

Abyss is great to deal with, their people are great, products are great and being a customer of theirs for 2 1/2 years now and having 8 of their dolls, 4 new and 4 pre owned, I could not be happier with a doll company! I have 2 other dolls from 2 other makers but, Abyss dolls are the most appealing to me all in all and VERY functional all around! There are several of my dolls that just melt my heart because I love them so much! :mrgreen:

Save your money and buy when you feel you are ready to no matter what doll you choose or which doll captures your heart! Dolls are a wonderful experience in every way! :mrgreen:

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

dodgeman wrote:Yes, Like Bazinga said, Abyss runs sales several times a year, sometimes 1000.00 off on RD's, sometimes 1000.00 off on BT's and sometimes 1000.00 off on all dolls! There are a few sales that are 15% of at times on certain dolls and 10% off on doll accessories too. I remember seeing a 15% off sale on RD's and then a few months later see a 15% off sale on BT's and that is when I ordered my BT3 Winter doll! :D

Abyss is great to deal with, their people are great, products are great and being a customer of theirs for 2 1/2 years now and having 8 of their dolls, 4 new and 4 pre owned, I could not be happier with a doll company! I have 2 other dolls from 2 other makers but, Abyss dolls are the most appealing to me all in all and VERY functional all around! There are several of my dolls that just melt my heart because I love them so much! :mrgreen:

Save your money and buy when you feel you are ready to no matter what doll you choose or which doll captures your heart! Dolls are a wonderful experience in every way! :mrgreen:
Couldn't Agree With You More.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

TheDicktater wrote:I'm asking because this sale has almost tempted me to pull the trigger but a few months from now would probably be a bit better with regards to my budget. Would I be kicking myself if I pass this up and am ready to buy around December/January?
My good friend Dodgeman gave a great response, and Bazinga didn't do too bad himself for a new guy, but I will add this:

You are better off pulling the trigger when your budget is sound and you on solid financial ground. We have seen dozens of beautiful new dolls get put up for sale on day one of delivery because of "unexpected financial distress". You cannot cancel an order once she's in production. So, rest assured Abyss will offer a new sale every few months. Just make sure your girl has a secure home to come to when the time is right!

Good luck!

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

The above posts got this right. I can add... The past two years there sales have been... Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall & Holiday.
The longest sale was the Holiday sale. Last year the Holiday sale was from Nov 26 to the end of Dec & it was $1000 off all Dolls.

:D Happy Hunting :D

TheDicktater
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by TheDicktater »

Thanks for the insight, I think I'll go ahead and wait for the next sale to come around before ordering. I know the wait will be killer once I actually put the money down but it's not too bad just yet. :D

INFORMATIONS