Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thinking of getting a BoyToy anything I should know?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TaliaLunari
Active Poster
Active Poster

Thinking of getting a BoyToy anything I should know?

Post by TaliaLunari »

Hi I'm new here it's a pleasure to meet you all!

I've been poking around the BoyToy section for information and pictures for a while now but I wanted to get some direct input from those who own them. I'm currently saving to get a BT3 Dark Sky and I'm curious if there is anything I should know about owning a BoyToy vs other high end dols. I'm also curious on your opinions on which of the BT bodies is the most realistic or most attractive. Any input welcome I'm not only looking to hear positive feedback as far as I know no doll is perfect lol.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Thinking of getting a BoyToy anything I should know?

Post by Swan »

Hello Xion_Zora224 and Welcome!
First of all... I believe everyone would tell you not to make a doll purchase till you've exhausted every possible doll your interested in.
I took 5-6 months before I pulled the trigger for Ryleigh(Boytoy3 star). As I was looking (over those 6 months) I kept coming back to Boytoy star.
I new it was the only doll for me 100%. I've had her now approx. 7 months and I would buy her again above all others.
Cons..
The Boytoy neck can be an issue. Floppy neck / neck adjustment are a great possibility.
Eyelashes
Finger pokes / Duracast recommended

All worth learning how to fix because Boytoy realism is unbelievable... Good luck

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

Hi Xion_zora!

If you've checked out the BT photos.. You're prob aware of my fondness for them!
I really do love their weight/size - perfect for cuddling etc, but they're aren't gonna crush you (my right hip notwithstanding..)

And the new BT4 .. Wow
She is like an rd2 body D in BT form... Just amazing...
If/when you decide make sure to get duracast option.. And I highly rec the gel butt (yum!!!)

(Reminder to self- post Mo's badonkadonk photos)
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

Swan wrote:Hello Xion_Zora224 and Welcome!
First of all... I believe everyone would tell you not to make a doll purchase till you've exhausted every possible doll your interested in.
I took 5-6 months before I pulled the trigger for Ryleigh(Boytoy3 star). As I was looking (over those 6 months) I kept coming back to Boytoy star.
I new it was the only doll for me 100%. I've had her now approx. 7 months and I would buy her again above all others.
Cons..
The Boytoy neck can be an issue. Floppy neck / neck adjustment are a great possibility.
Eyelashes

All worth learning how to fix because Boytoy realism is unbelievable... Good luck
Is it possible that asking them to make your doll with no finger wires would eliminate the finger poke issue altogether? I heard they will do it for you if you ask(only if your not interested in posing the hands of course) I'm interested in a bt too but the finger pokes and the floppy neck does worry me.

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

~BTs are lighter to their RD counterpart.
~Face wise. hard to say. I just want them all. lol.
~The heads w/ the closing eyes feature is pretty cool. adds another dimension.
~I like all the body types. I do prefer big breasts. ( again, gotta catch 'em all :wink: )
~BT3 proportions is pretty realistic, scaled down.
~BT4 upped the breasts/hips.

Lastly, just gear up on essentials/space and prepare yourself. :mrgreen:

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Xion_Zora224 wrote:Hi I'm new here it's a pleasure to meet you all!

I've been poking around the BoyToy section for information and pictures for a while now but I wanted to get some direct input from those who own them. I'm currently saving to get a BT3 Dark Sky and I'm curious if there is anything I should know about owning a BoyToy vs other high end dols. I'm also curious on your opinions on which of the BT bodies is the most realistic or most attractive. Any input welcome I'm not only looking to hear positive feedback as far as I know no doll is perfect lol.
Can't go wrong with a Boy Toy. I've had 3 of them. I wanted a BT3/Sky but the exchange rate for my local currency is quite violent these days.

Boy Toys are heavier than they look. Some members have been very surprised. Some of them, especially those with a bad back, have been putting their BTs up for sale shortly after arrival.

I'm surprised to read the loose neck is still a problem.
Bazinga wrote:
Cons..
Eyelashes

Is it possible that asking them to make your doll with no finger wires would eliminate the finger poke issue altogether? I heard they will do it for you if you ask(only if your not interested in posing the hands of course) I'm interested in a bt too but the finger pokes and the floppy neck does worry me.
It's possible to order them without finger wires, but every time you move your doll the fingers will flip and flop around like fishing lures. I find that to be very disturbing.
She told me to come but I was already there

Greyling

Post by Greyling »

It's possible to order them without finger wires, but every time you move your doll the fingers will flip and flop around like fishing lures. I find that to be very disturbing.

I have a JM 75 CM doll, and that's exactly what the hands do.
I got used to it however, but that's an accurate description of no wire hands on silicone dolls.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

They have a way of reaching into your heart! :D I have two one going on seven years! :whistle: Treat them as the works of art which they are and they will return your affection many times over! :D

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

RaDiv wrote:
Xion_Zora224 wrote:Hi I'm new here it's a pleasure to meet you all!

Can't go wrong with a Boy Toy. I've had 3 of them. I wanted a BT3/Sky but the exchange rate for my local currency is quite violent these days.

Boy Toys are heavier than they look. Some members have been very surprised. Some of them, especially those with a bad back, have been putting their BTs up for sale shortly after arrival.

I'm surprised to read the loose neck is still a problem.
Bazinga wrote:
Cons..
Eyelashes

I did see that in a video the flopping as to speak but I think I could probably overcome the shaking of the fingers if I didn't have to worry about those dang finger pokes. One more question if removing the wires solves the finger poke problem will other problems arise like the fear of a finger snapping off or is the silicone thick enough wheres one doesnt have to worry about that unless a finger is pulled with great force?

TaliaLunari
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TaliaLunari »

Cons..
Eyelashes

Oh I've spent monthes agonizing over different TPE dolls, fabric dolls, other silicone dolls, and even figuring out If I wanted a BT or an RD and I can safely say that Dark Sky is the doll for me. However its going to take me over a year to save up for her so I'm thinking of buying this cute little fabric doll called Nori from 1am so I have somthing untill then. I calculated up that it would cost a little over 1,000 for her, the two outfits I want for her, undergarments, and a nicer wig. I thought that wouldn't be too much of a dip into the BT fund to make the wait a bit less miserable ^_^

TaliaLunari
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TaliaLunari »

Thanks for all the imput everyone! I'll certainly see about the duracast option for the hands as I do want to pose her fingers. As for the wieght issues she is supposed to wiegh just under 60lbs which is not a walk in the park for somone of my stature but perfectly do-able for my needs with some assistance from a roller chair :D

Swan

Post by Swan »

deerman wrote:They have a way of reaching into your heart! :D I have two one going on seven years! :whistle: Treat them as the works of art which they are and they will return your affection many times over! :D
Absolutely totally agree deerman :!:

Sorry guys... but NO way on NOT having finger wires. As deerman states these Dolls are works of art. Not having finger wires would seriously diminish there realism. It's not that difficult to repair. Boytoy supplies a packet of silicone and just a little fixes it right up. If you're going to spend nearly $6000.00 finger wires are a must. Better to spend the extra $400.00 and get Duracast.

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

Hmmmm I'm still on the fence on this one, luckily for me a sale is a little ways away so I have time to think about it. I'm talking it over with the mrs. about the finger wire thing, but that's alot to think about. Kinda had my mind set now I'm second guessing, but I could have swore I read that someone still got a finger poke with the duracast .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Like Swan said, it is finger wires all the way for me as all of my dolls have them and makes the dolls hands more real in every way but, that's me! :thumbs_up: As for finger pokes, all you have to do is to be very careful when moving your doll especially while carrying her. Keeping her hands crossed a bit on her lap or belly while carrying her from one room to the next to avoid bumping into walls, doors or anything that could create an impact will go a very LONG way to keeping her fingers in nice shape. Keeping her hands across her belly or lap while sitting her down on a chair, couch, bed or any other surface will protect the fingers as well from stabbing straight into the surface on which she sits down on and poking a wire through a finger! :thumbs_up:

I can tell you that I have a June 2015 doll with Duracast hands and the silicone is about the same stiffness as the very first Platinum silicone dolls from mid year 2009 till 2010 when the silicone was softened a bit! My oldest doll is from around June 2009 and I have one from March 2010 so I have the ability to compare the newer to the older silicone side by side. The Duracast will not absolutely prevent a finger poke as the earlier dolls had the same issues as well when a doll was handled incorrectly. The newest softer silicone is SOOO soft now that damage to the extremities is much more likely from incorrect handling but, we all forget to be extra careful at times, myself included. The Duracast silicone gives the hands and feet a better chance to survive an impact on an object and is definitely worth the investment especially with the BoyToy dolls having a bit smaller diameter fingers as compared to their full sized RD sisters, all of the new Abyss dolls benefit from this development for sure! :D

Hope that helps explain the situation with the Duracast option my friends! :glou:

Dodgeman

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

dodgeman wrote:Like Swan said, it is finger wires all the way for me as all of my dolls have them and makes the dolls hands more real in every way but, that's me! :thumbs_up: As for finger pokes, all you have to do is to be very careful when moving your doll especially while carrying her. Keeping her hands crossed a bit on her lap or belly while carrying her from one room to the next to avoid bumping into walls, doors or anything that could create an impact will go a very LONG way to keeping her fingers in nice shape. Keeping her hands across her belly or lap while sitting her down on a chair, couch, bed or any other surface will protect the fingers as well from stabbing straight into the surface on which she sits down on and poking a wire through a finger! :thumbs_up:

I can tell you that I have a June 2015 doll with Duracast hands and the silicone is about the same stiffness as the very first Platinum silicone dolls from mid year 2009 till 2010 when the silicone was softened a bit! My oldest doll is from around June 2009 and I have one from March 2010 so I have the ability to compare the newer to the older silicone side by side. The Duracast will not absolutely prevent a finger poke as the earlier dolls had the same issues as well when a doll was handled incorrectly. The newest softer silicone is SOOO soft now that damage to the extremities is much more likely from incorrect handling but, we all forget to be extra careful at times, myself included. The Duracast silicone gives the hands and feet a better chance to survive an impact on an object and is definitely worth the investment especially with the BoyToy dolls having a bit smaller diameter fingers as compared to their full sized RD sisters, all of the new Abyss dolls benefit from this development for sure! :D

Hope that helps explain the situation with the Duracast option my friends! :glou:

Dodgeman
Thank you guys for your opinions, your statements make alot of sense, maybe I'm just overly cautious.

INFORMATIONS