Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Hello people and dolls

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

minifriedrice
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello people and dolls

Post by minifriedrice »

Hi all! Long time lurker (maybe not that long; about 6 months?). Just wanted to introduce myself :D
I've enjoyed browsing this community because you all are very friendly and encouraging, which is a rare trait for forums, I think. Additionally all the doll care, purchasing, and other information has been really helpful.

Some history if anyone's interested. I found out about silicone dolls by hearing about the movie Lars and the Real Girl, without ever actually seeing the movies. After looking up the topic, I first came to the RealDoll and BoyToy website. From there, I became really hungry for information on the subject of silicone dolls and decided I had to get one. Along the way I stumbled upon (and stayed and lurked) here at dollforum, :) , and then finally ended up taking the plunge and ordering a BT4 with some minor customization (different eye color for instance).

With regards to the ordering process for anyone that might want to know about it, I have to say that Joe is a really helpful and friendly guy who answers questions promptly. Also, from shipping of the doll to arrival at my place, was only a 3 day process (Monday to Thursday!). So that made the longest wait of my life almost bearable. The box came in excellent quality and while the people at Seko seemed to be a little bit nosy, it seems like they hire independent contractors to do the actual delivery sometimes. The delivery person himself was not at all interested in the contents of the large box and he was very helpful in moving the box into the garage (apparently their policy is that they cannot take it inside your house for you anymore, but they can move it into your garage for some reason).

She is pretty heavy, but I think the main thing that makes it seem like the dolls are so heavy, is that you expect to be able to move them around so easily. Once you get over your misconception and realize that you have to move her around slowly and carefully, it's not bad.

I guess I'm a softy (according to the post Are you a softy?).

Here's a picture of Melissa. Image Apologies, but I don't have a better camera at the moment.

So yeah, nice to finally meet you all. :angel:
“The harder the world, the fiercer the honour.”
-Dancer

minifriedrice
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hello people and dolls

Post by minifriedrice »

Nice to meet you pastydude :D
-Dancer

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Hi minifriedrice, congratz she is beautiful!

Solana face with blue eyes. Gorgeous... I think you're the first BT4 owner to post here?

Have fun and welcome to TDF.
My Doll Album is here!

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Welcome and congrats, certainly a nice look and good to see another softie around.

All the best.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

minifriedrice
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by minifriedrice »

Thanks for all the warm welcome. This is exactly what I meant, when I said you all were so inviting. :angel:

ks wrote:Hi minifriedrice, congratz she is beautiful!

Solana face with blue eyes. Gorgeous... I think you're the first BT4 owner to post here?

Have fun and welcome to TDF.

Maybe people are just being shy like I was/am? :-P

mi6c wrote:Welcome and congrats, certainly a nice look and good to see another softie around.

All the best.
Thanks! I feel like being a softie only enhances the experience, which has been overwhelmingly positive so far.
-Dancer

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Welcome to minifriedrice and your beautiful new BT4. Has she told you her name yet? Azure can't wait to see more pictures of her new sister.

Azure sends Hugs-n-Kisses
0osik
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

minifriedrice welcome to the forum, your girl looks wonderful and we'd love to see more.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Hi minifriedrice. :D :D Welcome to the forum. :D :D It's a fun friendly place so please feel free to join int the chat. :thumbs_up: Thanks for the pic of Melissa - she's stunning :D Looking forward to more of her pics - any camera or top of the range it doesn't matter - the photog takes the pics not the camera. :wink: :D

I hope you like it here and hope to see you round the place. :D

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

Congrats minifriedrice & welcome 'officially' to TDF (I probably lurked for a year before registering)

Yeah looks like you are the first Solana owner - you can register her details on the Doll Matrix.

I am waiting for my Solana, should come home around 9/30 - she'll have light skin freckles and honey brown eyes on the BT3 body. :)

Hope to see more pix!
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Post by Sheeana »

Ooohh! The first BT4!! Oh my..!

Please post more pix of this beauty!

I'm going out for the day, but I hope to see more and maybe say hi to Melissa

Now you need to get her some clothes and lots of jewelry heehee..!

Ok I gotta go, bye!

Xoxoxo,
Sheeana
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 4788 times
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

Azure
Doll
Doll

Post by Azure »

0osik wrote:Welcome to minifriedrice and your beautiful new BT4. Has she told you her name yet? Azure can't wait to see more pictures of her new sister.

0osik
Silly 0osik you get distracted by pictures of pretty dolls :P , her name is right there by her picture :oops:
Welcome Melissa,gawd I've got beautiful sisters.

Hugs-n-Kisses
Azure

Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anassilao »

Hello friend, and welcome on TDF togheter with your beautiful girl Melissa!
Is not important if the camera is not good, she's actually beautiful, and the pic does her the deserved justice. :thumbs_up:
I agree with you, this kind of high-end dolls is actually heavy, but the BT dolls are, however, the most lighter in this category.
Heavy is a feature necessary to have a robust skeleton and a durable doll.

I have my Loly four-years and she's still beautiful. I am sure you did the right choice.
Have fun with your beauty.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Congratulations minifriedrice & welcome :!:
Lighting is everything... get enough of it and your pics will be fine :thumbs_up:

minifriedrice
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by minifriedrice »

Hostage wrote:Congrats minifriedrice & welcome 'officially' to TDF (I probably lurked for a year before registering)

Yeah looks like you are the first Solana owner - you can register her details on the Doll Matrix.

I am waiting for my Solana, should come home around 9/30 - she'll have light skin freckles and honey brown eyes on the BT3 body. :)

Hope to see more pix!
You should expect an extreme beauty when she comes! :angel: Can't wait to see you share about yours.
Sheeana wrote:Ooohh! The first BT4!! Oh my..!

Please post more pix of this beauty!

I'm going out for the day, but I hope to see more and maybe say hi to Melissa

Now you need to get her some clothes and lots of jewelry heehee..!

Ok I gotta go, bye!

Xoxoxo,
Sheeana
Hi, Sheeana. I'll do my best to get her lots of clothes and jewelry, but I don't think it could compare to your huge collection. :razz:
Azure wrote:
0osik wrote:Welcome to minifriedrice and your beautiful new BT4. Has she told you her name yet? Azure can't wait to see more pictures of her new sister.

0osik
Silly 0osik you get distracted by pictures of pretty dolls :P , her name is right there by her picture :oops:
Welcome Melissa,gawd I've got beautiful sisters.

Hugs-n-Kisses
Azure

Hello Azure. You and your sisters hit the genetic jackpot I'm thinking. :)
Anassilao wrote:Hello friend, and welcome on TDF togheter with your beautiful girl Melissa!
Is not important if the camera is not good, she's actually beautiful, and the pic does her the deserved justice. :thumbs_up:
I agree with you, this kind of high-end dolls is actually heavy, but the BT dolls are, however, the most lighter in this category.
Heavy is a feature necessary to have a robust skeleton and a durable doll.

I have my Loly four-years and she's still beautiful. I am sure you did the right choice.
Have fun with your beauty.

Yeah, I appreciate the heaviness too. It makes Melissa feel very solid in my arms.
You and Loly must have been very happy for the past 4 years. :D
-Dancer

INFORMATIONS