Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Inquiry - Seko Delivery

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Inquiry - Seko Delivery

Post by RussMeyerFan »

Even though I still have two months to go until my doll (I have already named her Alison) arrives, I am the kind of person that anticipates every detail of a major event. In particular, I would appreciate some more insights into how the delivery works, from shipment to home.

My career doesn't really allow me to take days off easily, especially at this time of year, so I wouldn't be able to get home to my apartment until like 5pm during the work week. Will Seko coordinate a specific delivery date and time? Do they deliver past 5:00 or 6:00pm?

As far as the physical package is concerned, do the drivers deliver right to your door? My apartment has a back door (which I pretty much use as my front door) that opens right to the parking lot at the back of my apartment building and it would be incredibly easy if they could accommodate delivery there.

Thanks in advance for any and all help :-)

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Inquiry - Seko Delivery

Post by Hostage »

Yes, they'll send you an email confirmation on shipping with contact numbers you can call to specify a delivery time and any location details.
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

I think BT dolls are delivered in cardboard. That's a whole lot easier to handle than a wooden crate like RealDolls are shipped in.

The delivery is I think "to the door", so if the door is behind the building you should ask him (nicely) for help. They most likely have carriages to carry the box, but two carrying a BT box is no problem, as two can carry a RD crate and a RD crate is probably three times as heavy.
Give your signature only when you're satisfied that you have the box where you want it (e.g. not in the street), because once he has your signature he can leave.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

They are known to leave it with a neighbor if you aren't home...
My Doll Album is here!

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

I had a doll delivered after 5pm and I have dealt with Seko and doll delivery for a decade! They are awesome.

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

Thanks for everyone's comments. Whenever that magical delivery day comes, it will certainly be a nerve wracking one. If only there was some kind of way to relieve all of that tension when it is all done ;-)
ks wrote:They are known to leave it with a neighbor if you aren't home...
That would be a nightmare.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

RussMeyerFan wrote:Thanks for everyone's comments. Whenever that magical delivery day comes, it will certainly be a nerve wracking one. If only there was some kind of way to relieve all of that tension when it is all done ;-)
ks wrote:They are known to leave it with a neighbor if you aren't home...
That would be a nightmare.
When the time approaches, they will contact you. Talk to Cesar at Seko, I'm sure they will accommodate you!

http://www.sekologistics.com
My Doll Album is here!

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

They will for the most part follow your delivery instructions! Don't Worry be happy! :D

thaniel98
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by thaniel98 »

The best advice I have is to call SEKO once you have tracking. They were very easy to work with and worked around my schedule for delivery. They walked it up a very long driveway and right to my door. Like others have said, they will also reach out to you to schedule the delivery. My only criticism is after they picked it up from Phoenix Studios, it sat at the terminal in CA until I called to inquire and then they had it on an overnight flight and delivery a day later.

pumacub
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by pumacub »

Is SEKO the main freight service that people use when selling dolls?

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

You'll get a call from the local terminal a day or so prior to delivery. They'll verify all the contact info and ask about any unusual or special steps they'll need to take in order to complete the job. Once that's done they'll propose a time window, my last one was 10am-2pm, and upon arrival the driver will call you directly.

Once the package is delivered take your time and inspect it for any damage - be mindful the guy or gal has other stuff to do, but once you sign that all is good it's on you if you missed a gaping hole in the side of the box.

My first driver was a nosy lady that hung around longer than she should of, but it was funny after the fact.
My second driver looked like Super Mario and he was in, out, and and fighting Koopas in no time.

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

upsux wrote:You'll get a call from the local terminal a day or so prior to delivery. They'll verify all the contact info and ask about any unusual or special steps they'll need to take in order to complete the job. Once that's done they'll propose a time window, my last one was 10am-2pm, and upon arrival the driver will call you directly.

Once the package is delivered take your time and inspect it for any damage - be mindful the guy or gal has other stuff to do, but once you sign that all is good it's on you if you missed a gaping hole in the side of the box.

My first driver was a nosy lady that hung around longer than she should of, but it was funny after the fact.
My second driver looked like Super Mario and he was in, out, and and fighting Koopas in no time.
Thanks for the insight!

I finally got an email saying my doll was shipped on the 26th. The tracking on the SEKO site currently says "in transit to delivery terminal" with a projected delivery date of July 6 (which will be 16 weeks to the day that I placed my order online).

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

A few days later and tracking still says "in transit to delivery terminal" without update since 6/26. Is this normal?

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

RussMeyerFan wrote:A few days later and tracking still says "in transit to delivery terminal" without update since 6/26. Is this normal?
It doesn't update as often as USPS, FedEx, or UPS tracking codes do. Mine still showed in-transit the day it was delivered.

On the plus side - they did call me a day earlier than expected, so there may be a silver lining in it for you after all?! :D

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

While the delivery truck was already under way, SEKO tracking still said the package was in the USA :P so yeah, tracking doesn't get updated that well.

But the handling by SEKO is second to none, they arranged everything for me, from sending me the customs invoice to arranging a local delivery company who could deliver the crate to my doorstep.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

INFORMATIONS