Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Sheeana BT3 STAR's 3-Month Review!!!

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Re: Sheeana BT3 STAR's 3-Month Review!!!

Post by Sheeana »

laker30 wrote:Thanks for the clarification Sheena! By adapter I thought maybe there was an extra piece of equipment "Down there" for some reason.
Well, Yes.
laker30 wrote:You are drop dead gorgeous by the way and remind me of a Colombian business partner I met a while back. With some luck, a sister of yours will keep me warm this winter.
Un beso!
Thank you sweetie! **blushes**
Congrats!! I look forward to seeing pix of my new sib!
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Nice review BH :thumbs_up: Sheeana is a keeper for sure!
I love my Danielle's petite form, I think all considered a BT3 may well be my next doll. So many things work so well on dolls that size for me.
Oh and they are as sexy as!
Nice one mate :mrgreen:

lancealot2000

Post by lancealot2000 »

Thanks for that review, I'm getting ready to purchase my first doll and review helped
LAL2000

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

This is a great review. Thought I'd add my 2 cents to help other potential buyers.
Hostage wrote: A) Buying process: Good, timely communication throughout my purchase process. Joe was very responsive to my questions about the new body type and the options available. Very positive sentiment here
I agree wholeheartedly. Joe is awesome.
B) Production, Shipping & Delivery - production took a bit longer than anticipated (12 v 8 weeks) but that seems the norm these days. Delivery took less than 5 days from shipping notification (West coast to East Coast /south NJ / USA). no damage noted to box or doll. But... I feel 'left out' when I only had a 2-sided printout of care directions; she came with no certificate of authenticity, cards or other noteworthy items you might think a semi-unique expensive $5500+ BT3 work of art deserves...? Aside from the doll and her shipping outfit, she came with a nice wig and a pair of shoes. And her insert and adapter... she is everything I ever wanted (which is the point, right?)
Lucky you - I didn't get shoes with mine! Boo!
Certificate of Authenticity is a great idea. In some ways, it's an investment in fine art.
C) Doll, physical integrity, issues & upkeep. I know Sheeana is a little sensitive about this, but I have published photos of her neck procedure in another thread. Here is what happened: After a few weeks, she developed a floppy head (http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 05#p645005). That issue I hope is limited in the BT3s and will not resurface, since I would hate to see others repeat that corrective operation (as long as you are patient, the process is relatively simple with the correct tools - tighten the neck bolt, and silipoxy). I have had no subsequent motion issues - she's very flexible and I return her to her neutral/shipping crate posture each day. I did have a learning curve, to be sure - lifting, moving, positioning.. but am pretty good moving her around now. She is good free weight exercise :)
I did get some ring/pink finger pokes in her left hand, which seems more slight than the right hand. I did make good repairs. I am going to be keeping careful watch on her left pinky, the end of which has 2 pokes already. I am also seeing rubbing off of her tan from her chin.
I've owned her for 2 weeks now, and I'm starting the see early signs of the floppy head. I'll have to check out your repair thread if and when it becomes a full blown issue.

I agree with the OP that moving and positioning is very manageable. One thing I wish the BT3 could do is close her legs together (so that her inner thighs meet). Currently, the legs always have to be somewhat separate, which is a constraint from a photoshoot perspective because a lot of good glam photography requires the legs to come together or to cross realistically. Same with the ability to pose her arms overhead. If you think of the YMCA dance, she can do the Y but not the A. I hope one day that the dolls have at least the same range of motion as a real person, if not greater.

I got the duracast option for her hands and feet, and no issues so far with pokes.
D) Sex. Quick assessment: FANTASTIC; she is sometimes hard to position, but getting easier than before (she is free free weight training) you also need to be careful and mindful of her joints. As I've mentioned elsewhere, she has an adapter - easy to switch, no hangups (unless you bring them with you). However, the mechanics regarding positioning and durability of the adapter could be improved.
I find the realism of the sensation of the insert itself to be phenomenal. However, sex is a full-body, multi-sensual experience, and in this regard, the BT3 (and any doll for that matter) will never come even remotely close to the real thing. I know this is kind of an obvious point, but one worth mentioning because it might not occur to some potential buyers. All I'm saying is that it can't replace real sex, and so to the extent that that's someone's expectation, he is setting himself up for disappointment. I think the type of person that will be most satisfied with their purchase is someone that has multiple uses for the doll other than just sex (photography, fashion, fetishes, etc.).
Subjectively:
You know that thread on Oxytocin? The concept is dead on, proven experimentally - and on numerous occasions by Sheeana herself :) I also remember this from my Child Psychology course. Truthfully, there is a difference between falling asleep wrapped in her arms staring into her pretty green eyes.. and falling asleep alone. I've tried it... there is no comparison. She also warms up fast in your arms (MINE, not YOURS!).

So if I were to do it again, would I buy her?
Hell yeah, I definitely would!
Overall, I too am very happy with the purchase. It is an incredible work of art by Matt and his team. I can't imagine how these dolls will be like in another 10-20 years if Matt keeps working on them. I'm thinking real life Ex Machina by then.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

HighZenBerg wrote:
D) Sex. Quick assessment: FANTASTIC; she is sometimes hard to position, but getting easier than before (she is free free weight training) you also need to be careful and mindful of her joints. As I've mentioned elsewhere, she has an adapter - easy to switch, no hangups (unless you bring them with you). However, the mechanics regarding positioning and durability of the adapter could be improved.
I find the realism of the sensation of the insert itself to be phenomenal. However, sex is a full-body, multi-sensual experience, and in this regard, the BT3 (and any doll for that matter) will never come even remotely close to the real thing. I know this is kind of an obvious point, but one worth mentioning because it might not occur to some potential buyers. All I'm saying is that it can't replace real sex, and so to the extent that that's someone's expectation, he is setting himself up for disappointment. I think the type of person that will be most satisfied with their purchase is someone that has multiple uses for the doll other than just sex (photography, fashion, fetishes, etc.).
I get what you're saying, but I don't know, it depends on the kind of real sex you've been having. Or not having. I've had worse sex with real women, and better sex with real women. It depends on the person, sexual experience, etc. Some of the inserts I've used since becoming aware of their existence feel better than some of the real vag I've been in, that's for sure. And one of the things that I enjoy about doll sex vs sex with a real woman is that it's, well, all about me. Morning, noon, or night. Tired, not tired. Quickie or, to paraphrase Count Dracula, a longie. Whaever position I want, whatever lingerie I want. :whistle: :lol:

Anyway, it may not be the real thing, but in some cases, its close enough. And close enough is good enough in this case!
"One person's craziness is another person's reality." - Tim Burton
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Wow. This thread is a blast from the past! Sheeana and Hostage just celebrated their two year anniversary.

Also, I like Scratch's great tag line above: Close Enough Is Good Enough!

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

Scratch wrote: I get what you're saying, but I don't know, it depends on the kind of real sex you've been having. Or not having. I've had worse sex with real women, and better sex with real women. It depends on the person, sexual experience, etc. Some of the inserts I've used since becoming aware of their existence feel better than some of the real vag I've been in, that's for sure. And one of the things that I enjoy about doll sex vs sex with a real woman is that it's, well, all about me. Morning, noon, or night. Tired, not tired. Quickie or, to paraphrase Count Dracula, a longie. Whaever position I want, whatever lingerie I want. :whistle: :lol:

Anyway, it may not be the real thing, but in some cases, its close enough. And close enough is good enough in this case!
Agree completely. I should have probably used the word "different" rather than making it sound like one was better or worse than the other. There are definitely pros and cons. Now that I've owned BT3 a few months, my "doll sex skills" are improving and it's more enjoyable as a result.

One thing that occurred to me is that with dolls, we have to be doing ALL the work, ALL the time. With a real partner, we can alternate who's in the driver's seat, which means I can occasionally lay back and let my partner do the work. On a positive note, doll sex is a hell of a workout - it's like CrossFit meets jiujitsu meets sex. Got me back in prime physical shape :lol:

INFORMATIONS