Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss Realldoll Shipping Crate How About A Box as an Option

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Fitz62
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Abyss Realldoll Shipping Crate How About A Box as an Option

Post by Fitz62 »

I would like to purchase another Realdoll as I had one in the past, but can't see dealing with the huge crate. I have a Boytoy, which came in a more manageable sturdy cardboard box, and also have a DS Doll, which also came in a manageable sturdy cardboard box. Anyone else have any feelings on this?

If you have ever owned a Realdoll, you know what I am talking about.

Abyss what's your thoughts, how about a box vs crate as a shipping option?

Thanks!

Brick

Re: Abyss Realldoll Shipping Crate How About A Box as an Opt

Post by Brick »

It has to do with cost and size/weight ratio. Shipping a doll, costing $6000 to $8000 in a box is prohibitive due to the chance of damage in transit. RD2's are up to #110lbs and shipping in a crate is needed for protection of freight. The BT's are smaller and much lighter. They can be safely shipped in a reinforced cardboard box. I know the crates are heavy and difficult to handle, but are needed, specially in international shipping. Abyss is all about you receiving a beautiful work of art, intact and undamaged.....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

I've been thinking about a realdoll cause I love Izla111's Diane.
But how big are these crates?
what are the typical dimensions and added weight?
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have both a RD crate for my Body D (The same as Izal111 's Diane) I keep it in on blocks in my basement. I also have the box for my Boy Toy 3, which is considerably smaller and lighter. The weight of the crate is somewhat irrelevant if you aren't gong to be schlepping it around on a regular basis. Like Zebo said- it is a protection for your investment.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

My 2015 RealDoll Body B is comparable in size and weight to my 2009 Boytoy 1.

The Realdoll is 2 inches taller than the Boytoy was, but about the same weight.

The Body B probably could have shipped in the same type of box that I received the Boytoy in. I considered requesting that when I ordered but I didn't.

Now that I received one of each, I like the crate better!

As Zebo said, she's way better protected.
My Doll Album is here!

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

I think the less expensive dolls should be shipped in more durable, thicker boxes. I think RealDoll should be commended for shipping their high end dolls in crates.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The Messenger wrote:I've been thinking about a realdoll cause I love Izla111's Diane.

The crate is approximately 6’x2’x2′ and weighs about 120 lbs empty.
My Doll Album is here!

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Maybe you can order through an Abyss affiliate.
I could choose between delivery in a crate or on passenger seat and get her carried in my house.
I got and wanted my body D in the crate.
The crate and doll have the weight of about 100kg according to the air cargo label, so it was no problem to get the crate a few steps up in my house with a dolly (funny that's the English word for hand truck :lol: ) on my own and then carry the doll up to her new home.
You can test the handling of the doll and crate with a few bags of sand or concrete. I would say the body D is similar to handle like a 40kg bag of sand. :mrgreen:

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

I was also impressed that the RD crate had advanced 'mishandling detection' devices on it.

You don't see that on packaging from any other doll manufacturer.

Shippers are careful with these.

It's rare to see RD packaging arrive 'damaged in transit'.
tipntell.jpg
tipntell.jpg (532.12 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
My Doll Album is here!

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

HotDiggityDoll wrote:I was also impressed that the RD crate had advanced 'mishandling detection' devices on it.

The attachment tipntell.jpg is no longer available
Mine looked like this, I'm not sure if it means the crate was mishandled or if it's just because it was transported around half the globe:
TipNTell.JPG
TipNTell.JPG (65.71 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
I asked the guy who delivered the crate about it and he told me he doesn't have a clue what this means (perhaps he couldn't even read it :) ), so I took a few pics of him and the crate.
There were footprints all over the "door" of the crate, perhaps from air cargo.
If she was shipped in a box and handled this way she wouldn't have survived the trip without damage. :wink:

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Pron wrote:
HotDiggityDoll wrote:I was also impressed that the RD crate had advanced 'mishandling detection' devices on it.

tipntell.jpg
Mine looked like this, I'm not sure if it means the crate was mishandled or if it's just because it was transported around half the globe:
TipNTell.JPG
I asked the guy who delivered the crate about it and he told me he doesn't have a clue what this means (perhaps he couldn't even read it :) ), so I took a few pics of him and the crate.
Yeah, it indicates the crate was on it's side. It can be on it's end (her standing) or on it's 4x4 skids (she's on her back) but not supposed to be on it's side during shipping.

She arrived ok though, no damage right? So no harm done. Good you took pictures at that point.

Mine was shipped air to Canada. The arrow was perfectly white when I picked it up at the airport so was never on it's side, so I never took a picture there.

After I strapped it to dolly sideways to get upstairs and through doors it was as in my photo, a little blue in the tip.
My Doll Album is here!

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

HotDiggityDoll wrote:
The Messenger wrote:I've been thinking about a realdoll cause I love Izla111's Diane.
The crate is approximately 6’x2’x2′ and weighs about 120 lbs empty.
WOW, that's a delivery over 200lbs.
Thanks for the info.
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

What Zebo and others have said here is absolutely correct where the protection of an Expensive doll is concerned and the crates are the best at keeping Abyss dolls well protected during shipping. I have 7 of these crates in the garage and some other shipping containers for dolls that did NOT fare well when those dolls were shipped. One was a cardboard box that got torn up and the doll was visible thru a hole in the side of the box and another was a VERY lightweight crate where the bottom detached from its staples and the doll nearly fell thru the bottom and that one was my Mechadoll. :(

Here are photos of the crates and their measurements. There are 2 crates used with one being 70 inches tall overall and one being 74 inches tall overall for taller dolls. I have posted these before to help out buyers of Abyss dolls. The shorter crate is 70 inches tall, 32 inches wide and 18 inches deep for the crate itself and 21.5 inches deep with the skids attached to the back of the crate. The taller crate is exactly the same except for being 74 inches tall.

70 inches tall for shipping the shorter dolls.
P1010885.JPG
P1010885.JPG (240.67 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
32 inches wide for both size crates.
P1010887.JPG
P1010887.JPG (258.81 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
18 inches deep for the crate itself and 21.5 with the rear skids attached for both size crates.
P1010883.JPG
P1010883.JPG (296.28 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

Brick

Post by Brick »

dodgeman wrote:What Zebo and others have said here is absolutely correct where the protection of an Expensive doll is concerned and the crates are the best at keeping Abyss dolls well protected during shipping. I have 7 of these crates in the garage and some other shipping containers for dolls that did NOT fare well when those dolls were shipped. One was a cardboard box that got torn up and the doll was visible thru a hole in the side of the box and another was a VERY lightweight crate where the bottom detached from its staples and the doll nearly fell thru the bottom and that one was my Mechadoll. :(

Here are photos of the crates and their measurements. There are 2 crates used with one being 70 inches tall overall and one being 74 inches tall overall for taller dolls. I have posted these before to help out buyers of Abyss dolls. The shorter crate is 70 inches tall, 32 inches wide and 18 inches deep for the crate itself and 21.5 inches deep with the skids attached to the back of the crate. The taller crate is exactly the same except for being 74 inches tall.

70 inches tall for shipping the shorter dolls.
P1010885.JPG
32 inches wide for both size crates.
P1010887.JPG
18 inches deep for the crate itself and 21.5 with the rear skids attached for both size crates.
P1010883.JPG
Thanks Dodge! I would also like to point out, the crates also serve as excellent storage for your dolls at home. As you can attach locks to the crate and lock her away from prying eyes 8O
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

My MPD Mechadoll Leeloo was $6,000.00 is 5' 5" weighs 100 + lbs. and was shipped in a heavy duty cardboard box with a wood skid attached to the bottom. There is plywood reinforcement within the box. Excellent protection and easily managed once received. Shipping was done overnight. The wooden crates are overkill. A choice would be nice.
MPD Case - 1.JPG
MPD Case - 1.JPG (67.12 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

INFORMATIONS