Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Questions about selling dolls.

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Questions about selling dolls.

Post by RussMeyerFan »

I have not been on the forum in quite a while, but I have been enjoying the company of my dolls (a Boy Toy body type 2 w/ Winter face and a “Katie” from 1am) right along.

I am going to be moving next summer and unfortunately will not be able to bring the dolls with me. I would rather not just throw them in a dumpster, so I would like to find out some information about how to properly sell them.

Thanks in advance for any and all insights.

- Will people buy dolls with damage? If so, how do I determine a fair asking price?

My Boy Toy was my first doll and I made a lot of mistakes. The underwire is poking through her fingers, the bottoms of her feet have tears, and there is some other wear and marks. Still very lovely overall considering. The “Katie” has a few very small indents or marks, but is in very good condition overall.

- What is the best option for shipping? How much does it cost? Are there carriers that will do home pickups? (I cannot fit the shipping boxes in my car for transport.)

I still have the original boxes for both dolls, but they will probably need a lot of tape to secure them.

- What is the best way to carry out a sale (working out details, payment, etc.) so as to protect the privacy of myself and the buyer while also holding us both accountable for properly completing the sale?

- Is providing local pickup (I live in New England) a good idea? If so, what is the best way to handle that?

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Questions about selling dolls.

Post by justintime »

Take a look at this page on TDF.
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=128

use the template as required.
Shipping can be done UPS or FedX once you have packaged the dolls up for shipping.
Paypal is best as you and the buyer are secured in the selling and buying.

List the repairs and the damage. Take as many photos as need to convey the doll as it is now.
Remember to follow the template and also your user name and date photoed.
( look at a few of the sales going on now, that may hep you)

Good luck
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

justintime wrote:Take a look at this page on TDF.

Shipping can be done UPS or FedX once you have packaged the dolls up for shipping.

List the repairs and the damage. Take as many photos as need to convey the doll as it is now.

Good luck
Thank you!

Do you, or anyone else, happen to know what kind of silicone was used for Boy Toy dolls in 2015?

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

RussMeyerFan wrote:
justintime wrote:Take a look at this page on TDF.

Good luck
Thank you!

Do you, or anyone else, happen to know what kind of silicone was used for Boy Toy dolls in 2015?
In 2015, Matt had already been using Platinum Silicone for several years when they launched BoyToy... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

INFORMATIONS