Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Heads & Faces

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

pontoon

Heads & Faces

Post by pontoon »

Hey Mat, If this is part of Abyss,& uses the same skeleton, are the heads going to be enter changable?I'd love their eyes on a body 7, I know the skulls ,eyes,& mouth are different, but they should bolt-up if the scale is the same? How-bout-it? & how much, PONTOON

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Just something to keep in mind,

Real Dolls (Abyss) and Boy Toy Dolls (Phoenix Studios) only share three things in common (four if you count that they are both in California).

1). They were both originally crated my Matt McMullen.

2). They both currently use the same skeleton.

3). They are both high end anatomically correct silicone dolls.

But thats where the similarities end. Boy Toy Dolls are made by a completely different company than Real Dolls. Matt has said this many times before.

The body proportions are different, and in both cases, the silicone skin completely covers up the neck area, so a head swapping ability wold leave a nasty seam there.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

pontoon...

Transplanting an RD head onto a BT body might be technically feasible, but it would have to either be an expensive custom job done by Phoenix Studios or you would have to get a BT minus its head and an RD head and either try it yourself or let an expert like Slade play around with it.

Hmmm...can one just buy an RD or BT head (including face, of course) by itself?

technoguy

Abisslover

Post by Abisslover »

I would be willing to wager that sometime in the future....next year or the year after that. BT or Matt will announce that they are making a NEW doll and it will be very similar to the BT body with a RD face. Why do you think he is only making a limited amount of BT's?? My guess is he will decide what he is going to do next year based on the number of orders of BT's and info he gathers from doll lovers.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

The biggest advantage I see to the BT is its lower weight.

I think we'll eventually see reduced scale RDs and MDs that will come in at about 50 lbs. However, I still think such a light silicone doll could be achieved without a scale reduction by the innovative use of foam inserts.

Right now there have to be gaps left so that the silicone can penetrate to and surround the doll's skeleton, but I'm thinking up new ways of "anchoring" silicone to a foam insert that would allow almost the entire length of a doll's limb to be covered with the insert. Result? Maybe knocking off another 10% of the body weight of a FULL sized doll!

When we see the love / sex doll of the year 2010 we will all be scratching our heads and wondering why nobody came up with its incredibly light weight and flexible design YEARS earlier!

technoguy

pontoon

Post by pontoon »

O.K. , We'll see what the Boy Toys look like when Matt posts us a better look, you insiders may have more info,but faces are always a finer molds, and if pigment & scale are the same,I think the"Bratz doll"look would be a great addition to the RD face line-up, even if you have to buy a body here & the head from there,one pants pocket to the other,products are ment to make money,offer more options,attracts more buyers, its thier dream girls your making come to life.Someone will sell that "HEAD ON A STAND" idea you had and we'll all have one more thing in the sink while were tring to shave in the mornings, PONTOON

INFORMATIONS