Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

First BoyToyDoll ordered!

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

20 pics!?! 8O

Wow, I'll do what I can, but I can make no promises that there will be any good ones. Though I should have my new camera by then, since the one I currently have just bit the dust.

I hope that pictures of the doll arrival day will do just fine, since I have essentially no experience with posing a doll, and my lighting knowhow is rather sub par.

I guess there's no time like the present (or that day) to learn!

Incidentally, one more day down, one day closer to delivery.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Before I completely forget Incrediwagon, what did you order for your doll, and who did you get it through. A custom outfit for a doll could be an amazing thing that I would not be opposed to trying.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Hey here's something else that just occurred to me.

In a short little while, I'll most likely also be getting a new avatar. I'm currently using the same one (Witchblade) that I picked when I got here back a really long time ago.

phreak68
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by phreak68 »

well im new here, but the hottest comic redhead with green eyes i know would have to be caitlin fairchild from gen13.
Thats only my opinion, but the name is cool too cause kat is such and nice short name.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

How could I have possibly forgotten about her?!?

I never really got to read too much of, Gen13 but what I have read of it, I really did like.

Looks like I just found a middle name. Thank you my friend.

And before I forget, one more day down, one day closer!

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Hi Bel, I had custom cosplay uniforms made here: http://stores.ebay.com/honestdragonchina You will be impressed in what they have, or can make. I emailed them pictures of what the uniform looked like and detailed measurements, asked them how much and if they could make it. I had three made and all were good quality. The maid uniform was made in one piece so it had to be modified into two pieces. They now offer the maid on the site after I had mine made, not as good though. The first couple weren't that expensive. but the last one (Kanu) was around $200 with shipping. The price may seem high, but I had a Trashy School Girl Uniform made for about the same.They have lots to chose from on there site, so if you see something you like, it would be cheaper to buy it than custom make it. Plus they make them to your measurements anyway. Here are the uniforms that I had made;

ImageBattle Vixens Kanu.

ImageG taste Maid Uniform.

ImagePlease Teacher School Girl Uniform. ( only purple instead of black )

ImageTrashy School Girl http://www.trashy.com/Cabbage-Tie-Top-w ... roduct.htm

PS Gen 13 just started a new series. Very cool. 8)

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Good heaven you should not have shown me that link. :wink:

Now I'm going to go broke for sure. There are so many cool costumes in there. And I mean the ones I would like to wear as well.

Then I have to remind myself, that cosplay isn't big where I live, and I was never all that into it in the first place.

But still, an amazing resource I will have to remember.

DrSoong
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DrSoong »

Must resist going to that ebay site!

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Resistance is futile :wink: OK try this one http://stores.ebay.com/Snoopy-and-Marcie

Britti_Lover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Britti_Lover »

8)
We have actually taken less than twenty pics for a Coverdoll of the month shoot actually.

The record is 6 pics - yep one doll had only six pics as the Coverdoll of the month.

Since this is a most RARE doll - we'd actually take anything you want to give us.

Send your pics of the doll to: mikekelly_04@yahoo.com

Enjoy your time in the limelight - this time for you now is what makes buying a doll well worth the price!!!!

Every pic you take - no matter how - will be loved by all us doll lovers !!

:wink:

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Well, I'll take as many as I can and hope for some good ones. I know my photography skills are severely lacking, but I do aim to change that. I'll just replace my camera with a simple point-n-shoot for now, and get a nicer (possibly SLR) later when I have recovered from move in expenses and other things.

In any case, this afternoon was a bit of an odd day. I got home from work at the usual time, but fond myself with nothing pressing that needed to be done. I did some more unpacking, had dinner, even watched a movie.

Well, I had my first "Why is my order taking so long!" moment. Heh, I know it has barely even been a month since I made my order, roughly half the time it takes to fill the order to delivery, but it happened all the same.

I tried to call Phoenix Studios, but no one answered today. Which is no big deal as far as I am concerned. I'm pretty sure I called at an inconvenient time.

In any case, one more day done, one day closer to delivery. All one can do is take it one day at a time.

GSS

Post by GSS »

Incrediwagon,

Love the uniforms, but that long red wig is what really caught my eye. You do some great work Bro!
GSS<br /> <br />Mary's Doll album: <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522">http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522</a>

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

:D The Anime character has really long dark blue hair,but this was the longest straight hair I could find. I like red better anyways. :D When I get a Boy Toy these costumes will look great on her.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Something just occurred to me.

Her name is Caitlin. Since issue 1 of Gen13, I thought it was Catalin. You know, like Catalina, only Catalin.

Based on that I was thinking of using the name Catalin with my doll. Like Catalin Sophia, but she goes by Sophia.

In any case, one more day done, one day closer to delivery!

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Tried to install a hook/eye-bolt over my bed today.

I say tried, because the eye-bolt I bought was too small for the pilot hole I drilled. I drilled a 1/4 pilot hole into one of the beams in my bedroom ceiling after locating it in the attic, but I also bought a 1/4 inch eye-bolt. It never occurred to me that it was the wrong size. So when I went to install the bolt, it just went right in, no resistance or anything. I thought to myself that it has been too easy, and indeed it was.

When I took my hand off of it, it fell right out. :roll:

So I'll try again tomorrow with a larger diameter eye bolt.

That said, another days done, another day closer to delivery!

INFORMATIONS