Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

First BoyToyDoll ordered!

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Congratulations BelShanar!

I am so jealous! The more that I see of this doll the more that I like what I see.

Order #1! Now that's how to strike while the iron is hot!

Does she have a neckbolt for hanging? or is this no longer needed with the new silicone?

Mahtek & Phoebe & Penelope
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

mahtek wrote: Does she have a neckbolt for hanging? or is this no longer needed with the new silicone?
They mentioned in another thread that the BT has a small loop of cable on the back of the neck, instead of a bolt.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Yep!

They did away with the neck bold, but added a small loop of wire to hand the doll from. This is very similar to the rope loop that 1ST-PC uses to hand their dolls with.

This hang loop will be permanently attached, but very stealth!

As I've said before, I just thought this was something I had to do, and the opportunity to do it (my ability to pay) just happened to be too good to pass up.

Still working on the name thing. And I'm still leaning towards Elly (the character from Xenogears), I'm sure Felicia22 would approve. :P

Britti_Lover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Britti_Lover »

8)
but added a small loop of wire to hand the doll from
I found a use for this on a 1st-PC, you could wrap it around the dolls hair when you had the doll doing you orally!

On a Boy Toy, this will come in handy because this doll IS VERY orally gifted!

:wink:

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

I'll reserve judgment/comment on her oral abilities until after I have tried her out.

Or is that "she has tried me." I'm not sure which.

In any case, if this new doll is as good as a RD, if not better, indeed she will bet the BJSeal of approval.

As for the hanging loop being usable as a hair tie, I don't think this will be the case with the BTD. I expect that it is a small fixed loop that can be used with a self carabener or a hook.

Thats why I keep a hair tie, or a short-ish hair wig for my dolls to wear when we play.

In any case, one more day down!

tabasko62
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tabasko62 »

(silently cursing under my breath)..thanks Matt..now I have to decide on a Realdoll or a Boy Toy..grrrrr... can't do both...yet

but if it's so, I'm definitely going with Miss December if one is still available.
If it's a RD...b2, f8 it will be :wink:

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Naming My Miss Feb

Post by BelShanar »

I was just reminded of a possibility for a name.

Sophia.

Its a name I have always loved, and it also plays along with the Elly angle from Xenogears.

The only issue I see with possibly doing this is that there is an entire type of doll that is called this. In either case, I'll have to check to see if there is already an owned doll who has this name.

::wanders over to the matrix to check and see::

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Well, Sophia is taken by TheConnoisseaur's mechadoll.

Oh well, no big deal. I'll keep looking.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

BelShanar wrote:Well, Sophia is taken by TheConnoisseaur's mechadoll.

Oh well, no big deal. I'll keep looking.
No need to change !

We have 3 Angelinas, 2 Shannons, 3 Samanthas, two of those even being Realdolls of the same head / face combination... this strange "name is taken matrix-wise rule" goes back to when Jackrabbit still worked on the matrix, and it was a problem because of dolls with same names ending up with identical file names. Since I renewed the whole matrix when I took over, those things are no problem any longer, even if dolls are identical twins. I add the stats to the file name, if not enough, I add numbers, no problem. I will get thousands of Sophias in there if need should be. :wink:

Doodads

Post by Doodads »

Britti_Lover wrote:8)

On a Boy Toy, this will come in handy because this doll IS VERY orally gifted!

:wink:
I am wondering how you know this. Did they leave you unattended for a while during your factory tour? 8O

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

i'm not so sure that equipping the BT with a small cable loop was such a good idea.

Because that cable can move around a bit, when the doll is hung up, the cable will tend to stretch the area of silicone the cable passes through. This could lead to tearing of the silicon there after a while.

Also, I see the risk, over time, of the cable fraying and eventually snapping as it is repeatedly flexed as the doll is hung up. If that should happen, then repairing the cable or replacing it could involve some serious doll surgery.

I think they should just have used an neck bolt as with the RD (actually it is really a large neck eyelet bolt) that can be unscrewed from the doll when it is "used" (the hole left behind could be covered with a flesh tone silicone plug to prevent water from entering the doll if it is used in a shower, bath, or pool).

However, on the positive side, a flexible cable loop will probably pose less of a risk of injuring a user if it strikes against him while he is using the doll. I think I remember reading a post on TDF a wihile ago about a guy who was making love to his RD and almost had the neck bolt, which he did not remove during the act, hit him in the eye!

technoguy

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

As for the hanging storage options, I will again reserve judgment until mine actually arrives.

As far as naming my doll Sophia, its more that I want an original name than anything else.

Though I may still end up going the Sophie route.

Time will tell.

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

i'm not so sure that equipping the BT with a small cable loop was such a good idea.
For me the neck bolt would be better because of using a stance modifier. It would be nice to see a picture of the loop, but they have to attach the loop some how. I would think since the neck already has a tapped hole they would use a small eye bolt to attach the loop. If this is the case then you could unscrew the small one and attach the standard size.

TEE

Post by TEE »

Just look at pic 8 of Miss January :wink: You can see what looks like some kind of Stud at the top of her back 8O myself i like the eye bolt its easy

GSS

Post by GSS »

BelShanar wrote:As for the hanging storage options, I will again reserve judgment until mine actually arrives.

As far as naming my doll Sophia, its more that I want an original name than anything else.

Though I may still end up going the Sophie route.

Time will tell.
Congrats on your BT purchase B! I love the name Sophia. (It rocks, and I think it fits her perfectly. If its originality that's bothering you, you can always opt for the alternate spelling "Sofia" (Sofie, Sofee or Sophee, if you must)

I say go for it Bro! Throw caution to the wind and name her Sophia! I have to warn you though. If you don't I just may have to do it myself! :P Don't make me! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
GSS<br /> <br />Mary's Doll album: <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522">http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522</a>

INFORMATIONS